Searing Pain & PvP

So, for once, people have the right to complain about a PvP nerf because of PvE: people abused Searing Pain in PvE and used it as a filler rather than the appropriate spell (Incinerate) and as a result they made their groups suffer because of aggro issues. Now, rather than adjust the threat modifier, slightly reduce the the damage of the spell or increase Incinerate damage, Searing Pain is back to pre 4.0.1 damage values.

I'm quite sad because I for one REALLY liked having a "PvE" filler that was different than the "PvP" one, being Incinerate and Searing Pain respectively. When doing heroics and ICC I still had a noticeable DPS increase using Incinerate but apparently many players want to top the charts by stupid amounts and don't care about maximizing the ease and fun of the group.

So, in short, do you Destro PvP players think that Searing Pain will still be better than Incinerate or will it fall into another useless role? I'm wondering if mastery and the tree passive bonuses will be enough to still have Searing Pain do respectable damage or if now we'll have two spells that are lame?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001 View Post
    So, for once, people have the right to complain about a PvP nerf because of PvE: people abused Searing Pain in PvE and used it as a filler rather than the appropriate spell (Incinerate) and as a result they made their groups suffer because of aggro issues. Now, rather than adjust the threat modifier, slightly reduce the the damage of the spell or increase Incinerate damage, Searing Pain is back to pre 4.0.1 damage values.

I'm quite sad because I for one REALLY liked having a "PvE" filler that was different than the "PvP" one, being Incinerate and Searing Pain respectively. When doing heroics and ICC I still had a noticeable DPS increase using Incinerate but apparently many players want to top the charts by stupid amounts and don't care about maximizing the ease and fun of the group.

So, in short, do you Destro PvP players think that Searing Pain will still be better than Incinerate or will it fall into another useless role? I'm wondering if mastery and the tree passive bonuses will be enough to still have Searing Pain do respectable damage or if now we'll have two spells that are lame?

Searing pain is not useless at pvp, it haste a faster cast time than an un Backdrafted incin. Still very good for quick damage in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    Searing pain is not useless at pvp, it haste a faster cast time than an un Backdrafted incin. Still very good for quick damage in pvp.
    It has a faster cast but I'd expect that it now does like 1/3 the damage of Incinerate. Meaning that even w/a faster cast it really isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001 View Post
    It has a faster cast but I'd expect that it now does like 1/3 the damage of Incinerate. Meaning that even w/a faster cast it really isn't worth it.
    Agreed.

Imp SP should be a revenge bonus like backlash.
    Something like: when you are dealt damage, you get a buff to sp for x% for 6 sec, stack up to 3 time.

Or something that happens only when you are in pvp.
    For ex, when you are CCed, or immolation being dispelled.

Deleted
    Soulburn Searing pain = pro , well it was yesterday , donno if they hotfixed the damage already.

so? PvE have suffered about 100000 times because of PvP..