Thread: Prot Leveling?

Prot Leveling?

Simple question. With 4.0 and the talent overhaul, is Paladin AOE grinding with prot still viable? I haven't really seen anything yet. I was steamrolling through levels prior to the patch and really don't want to have to switch to Ret if I can help it.

With dual spec only being 100g, why not get both specs and use the right one for the right situation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Fair point, but the question was still a valid one.

Edit: I don't actually have an answer, but I have a lvl 47 paladin that I'm interested in leveling Prot, so this is relevant to my interests as well.

Completely forgot they did reduce the DS price. Thats a possibility but like I said, I'd rather stay Prot and blast 6-8+ mobs at once.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Completely forgot they did reduce the DS price. Thats a possibility but like I said, I'd rather stay Prot and blast 6-8+ mobs at once.
    I have a 51 Pally I'm having trouble figuring how to spend talents on too.. wish there was a breakdown somewhere of the relative strengths of each one.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

Apparently it is still possible. Once I went in and started fooling with it I was rolling over groups of mobs 3-5 levels higher with more ease then before. Only snag came from using the wrong heal(Holy Lights swapped with Flash for usefulness and I hadn't noticed). Talents aren't too hard to figure out, most seemed to be pretty obvious.

Even tanking a few 5 mans I found pretty ridiculous. All I do is pull(Avenger Shield), Hammer of Righteous , Holy Wrath then sit back spamming Hammer some more and win. I was fine holding 6 or so elites at once(More depending on the heals). Mana never seemed to drop.

I'm leveling a prot/ret right now (just hit 62) and since the patch hit I've noticed that leveling as prot actually goes a lot faster. Avenger's Shield does 40-60% of the damage, Holy Wrath does a decent amount too. Then Judgement and Hammer of the Righteous. I've noticed that the HotR glyphed does more damage than Crusader Strike, so CS is completely out of the rotation even on single target. As far as healing goes, all you need is Word of Glory with a 3 stack of Holy Power. You can easily round up 8 mobs on your horse and dps them all down in like 15 seconds (and come out at like 90% health). I'm really just waiting for the nerf to come...

Edit: I just logged out and Armory isn't currently updated yet but should be soon if you want to check my spec. Kandykush on Medivh

Edit 2: I have not tested this spec tanking a dungeon yet...seeing how the 80s have been I'm afraid /cower
    Last edited by Primaryjane; 2010-10-15 at 05:44 AM.