Thread: Holy pala >.<

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Holy pala >.<

Ok, I have been playing holy pala a while now, but now I get to play with new toys, I was looking forward to this patch, was like omg I might actually get to press more than 1-2 buttons for 3-4 hours a night........................ the reality sucks, at least imo (and it is my imo so no flame!) I aint a fan of the insta oom when u actually use heals that make a dif! Holy light is kinda pointless, and everything else using just stupid mana and when u have practically no mana regen u certainly notice, I went from healing HC ICC 25 easily enough, never truely oom, to wtf I oomed most of the bosses, and not that it matters, I wasnt healing that much in the first place lol, I could just sit bk and let the shammies do it all >.>

Does anyone who plays a holy pala actually enjoy it?! If u do, please god give me a reason to keep playing it and not waiting till I class them as "not broken or slightly ""disabled"" at best"

Sorry I just wanted to vent a lil >.> I dont mine being shafted by blizz, just not this much

using a healing system designed around cata 5 mans/raids in wotlk content......yeah, there's going to be some bumps in the road.

HC ICC 25 easily enough, never truely oom
    that sounds perfectly balanced.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I do enjoy the new moves, and the fact its not just SS, BoL and holy light all night every night. I know what you mean by going oom etc but they arn't balancing it for 80 so once we start leveling to 85 we will get more spirit on gear (won't go oom as fast). plus we have only had this spec for a couple of days, give a week or so before you get use to it and it becomes a bit easier/fun.
    I don't think you fathom the immensity of the fuck that I do not give.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pressing more then just Holy light is interesting, it gives you more options and let you think about different heals in situations. The concern atm is that we aren't doing viable healing for Wotlk content, other classes feel so much better at the job we used to have (tankheals). But I don't have any doubt we will shine in Cata again just like we did all this expansion.

People that play the class for a while now will still be playing it, in the good and the bad days. It's just a thing you gotta put up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have yet to play my holy paly since the patch. However, a friend of mine plays a holy pally as his main. He told me that he feels like holy is god mode but ret and prot are just unplayable.

This patch was not ready to go live, but meh, deadlines are deadlines.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melax View Post
    I do enjoy the new moves, and the fact its not just SS, BoL and holy light all night every night. I know what you mean by going oom etc but they arn't balancing it for 80 so once we start leveling to 85 we will get more spirit on gear (won't go oom as fast). plus we have only had this spec for a couple of days, give a week or so before you get use to it and it becomes a bit easier/fun.
    couldnt have been said better

i truly enjoy the new pally healing style, i love it to be frank. doing HICC 10 i never went oom and was keeping up just fine with the other healers. As of right now i feel we're lacking in the AE heals, but hey that will be fixed at 83 with holy radiance. i was able to find a situation for all heals, except flash, and i'm totally excited for cata. Also i love the fact that blizzard actually made holy shock

10+ Year Old Account
    oki I agree palas were fairly op when it came to mana regen b4 the patch. Ah well all good things come to an end, guess I will just have to wait till cata ^_^ but still, 6-7 weeks of being borderline usless kinda sucks >.>

Meh well thanks for the replies ^_^

Deleted
    So i did ICC with guild tonight.
    All the time i felt i've been carried.
    I didnt like it, hope it will be better when cata hits...

P.s.: And yes i liked the 3 button healing! That's why i rolled a hpaladin, if i wanted more spells in my healing arsenal i'd roll a priest, and tbh i really didnt like the changes...

I find holy much more fun and dynamic now, even though the healing throughput and mana-regen might become problematic when doing HC ICC.

Had this problem tonight 2 used to spamming holy light all the time so i tried some diff stuff ofc (icc 10hc) :P. First i went with divine light spam but that heal is to slow for icc hits i heal takes me 1,6sec in that time the boss hits 2 times tank dead xD. Then i changed to fol but the problem here is that my mana runs to low to fast with the nerfed DP/DI. Same goes for beacon it just feels like its useless healing 50% (altough its kinda nice on sindra xD beacon yourself + the new talent that heals you 2 if you heal can keep me up till 15stacks with ease) your hopping between mt/ot all the time. Then i tried hl>hl>hs>wog>hl>hl>hs>wog worked till the tanks took some damage (using 2x paladin tank). And the aoe healing well yeah the only thing where its good for is to get my solace up xD. Lets see how we are at lvl 85 in raids
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

I'm a big fan of the changes. Gives some thinking when you're healing, not just same heal no matter how much health deficit there is.

As for the oom, I haven't had an issue with it tbh. Forged Spirit on most of my gear, still kicking the Int gems all round. A base of 41k unbuffed, did a 10/12 HC clear tonight and didn't have any mana issues. Throughput is a bit spiky though. No real consistency which worries me for tank healing LK25HC.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

*shrug* I'm lovin' the changes so far.

Have you considered reforging your gear to have Spirit instead to help out your mana regen?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    using a healing system designed around cata 5 mans/raids in wotlk content......yeah, there's going to be some bumps in the road.
    sry but: playing a game for 2 months which isnt designed for THAT 2 months isnt FUN for some people.

imo i like the new playstyle for healpala =)
    if it is effective compared to shamis and druids is another question =(

I actually like holy paladins atm. It actually requires some thinking instead of Beacon, holy light until the fights over.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

Deleted
    i must say i like the new healing style aswel. the majority of the spells you use now are instant cast.

i usually open up with a divine light on a boss as the tanks run in, max out the absorb shield while people move into place. After that you holy shock whenever its on cooldown, and holy light the beaconed tank to gain extra holy power. Use Wog as soon as you get 3 holy power, and then get back to holy shocking for more holy power.

I have 2 issues, the mastery is dog. I hope it will be fixed to be more rolling like divine aegis is atm.(and converted to absorbs not resists)

and the other should be covered by the 4th holy power thing. Atm tje most annoying thing for me is eternal glory, yet its great that its procced, but ive normally already used my necy holy shock when it comes up. (o great i wasted 1 holy power)

Daybreak procs are awesome aswel, espcially when you have to move for a shadow trap for example, knocking off 2 12k holy shock crits in a row usually followed by a nice WoG crit afterwards aswel is realy good burst healing.(It's just a pity theres not fights in icc that require this much healing).

Deleted
    At first before patch, I was a bit meh about continuing my holy pala, but after the icc25hc with my guild yesterday, i've fallen in love with the new way of healing. I never went oom once, it just takes proper use of word of glory and using the right spells.

Holy paladins won't be the meter-topping healer anymore (loss of JoL and holy light glyph anyone?) but they're certainly not useless when it comes down to the point of being a capable healer

It all comes down to the person between the chair and the keyboard.

The only annoying thing about these changes for me is that people who were doing it right pre-patch (lots of mail haste/mp5 gear, the ilvl 200 libram, int trinkets, etc etc) get shafted hard when they need to get all sorts of upgrades.

Whereas the bads with the holy shock libram and 4piece t10 and Althor's Abacus and shitloads of plate crit/mp5 gear ARE IN PERFECT SHAPE NOW after the patch.
    Oh well, such is life.