Poll: HUNTERS ONLY

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Haven't tried raiding yet (well I did but I couldn't do anything due to ISP issues) but I was hitting around 8.7k steady dps on dummies after 10-15 mins practice without any cooldowns or buffs other than trueshot aura. Not sure if that's good or not... will be easier to work out when I can actually start raiding again when my ISP actually bothers to fix my connection.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2010-10-15 at 02:14 AM.

My DPS is going steadily up as I get used to it. I'm able to get 14-15k with the buff single target now, though it was better before. Granted, damage was out of control before. I must say though, 35 focus for tranq shot is annoying.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-10-15 at 02:16 AM.

I went up on one fight, H Saurfang due to spamming Multi-Shot on Blood Beasts, and went down on everything else.

What's concerning is that on H Festergut I procced LnL ONCE in 4 minutes. Fucking ONCE. This is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    My DPS is going steadily up as I get used to it. I'm able to get 14-15k with the buff single target now, though it was better before. Granted, damage was out of control before. I must say though, 35 focus for tranq shot is annoying.
    They addressed that in beta build 13183:

• Tranquilizing Shot now costs 20 Focus, down from 35 Focus.

I wonder when we'll actually see updated builds on live.

Quote Originally Posted by seymourclearly View Post
    They addressed that in beta build 13183:

• Tranquilizing Shot now costs 20 Focus, down from 35 Focus.

I wonder when we'll actually see updated builds on live.
    WTB now.

Deleted
    We got buffed for sure, if your doing less dps than before, your doing something wrong, obviously.

Did 9-11k before patch 4.0.1, as BM.
    In this patch I'm MM as mainspec and put out 14-17k dps now (in raid).

As BM I did see a little dps boost also, but only with 2-3k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    take a wild guess why your dps is dropped in ICC.

Give up?

They took out chill of the throne in the patch.
    Its these posts that just make you smile.
    Also remember kids, the best way to troll, is to make yourself look retarded.

I'm experiencing the same as the OP. Usually doing around 13-15k dps, now I'm barely doing 11k, 9-10k most bosses(SV, btw). Our damage coefficients just seem so low now. Explosive shot's bursts are down about 2k each for me, our rotation is boring and extremely strict. At the beginning of fights, there is a little leeway focus-wise on what we can cast, maybe squeeze in an arcane shot between ES and serpent refreshes. As the fight goes on, though, it gets really tight and ES starts to sit off CD while I'm gaining focus to use it again. Serpent String starts to fall off, and BA(our 31 pt talent, btw!) takes a back seat to both these shots. It just doesn't make sense to me.

ehm.. only tried on a dummy so far.. but I tried last night- over 5 min 11k dps, without cds/pots.

before I did like 9k, with CD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can tell my DPS has increased, as we went through the raid bosses during the first night with bugs and such I started to catch up to my old DPS and then started surpassing it as I got more comfortable with the system. By the end of the week I should easily be outdoing my pre-patch DPS as Marksman, I just have to finish adapting.

Character details: Well geared, reforged gear to mastery, using the highest stat on each piece to go mastery (pretty much always crit), still experimenting with shot rotations / priority and CD usage, as well as constantly looking up reports on reforging / regemming and their effects on our DPS. Mastery just seems to be really powerful at the moment, I pushed up my %age chance to 41% or so on Wild Quiver, it's tasty!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    And they nerfed casters, boosted melee, what's up with us?
    Can't really say that I as a destruction warlock got nerfed. Before the patch I was lucky to have 7k singeltarget selfbuffed on dummies. Now I'm doing 12k as destruction and its actually even more fun to play since u get to do all this fun stuff with Soulburn.

I lost only about 1-2k dps on festergut, and that was mostly because we used heroism on rotface rather than festergut. Doing worse dps than druid tanks shows that you still expect to be firing in a rotation, rather than a priority system.
    EDIT: Also, Black Arrow is just pointless to use, use trap launcher to use explosive trap rather than black arrow. Does more damage & procs more LNL's.
    Last edited by Xtazey; 2010-10-15 at 05:30 AM.

I was good at Huntering before the patch... Out dpsing people with full 264/277 gear with a 232 weapon...

Now I just... I don't know... While it's far from balanced I don't know if I like it. Steady Shot was filler, now it's mandatory. Either way, my account is lapsed until Cata is released and if Hunters still don't look good (or I don't like it) I'll be going back to my Wizard. Wizards are always a good choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DPS has dropped to... I R sad and my guild is like "STEP IT UP!" and i'm all "I can't "

I don't get how people can say they've somehow gotten higher dps now than pre patch. Highest I've managed so far was like 14.5k as BM on Saurfang. Other than that I've dropped 2-4k dps on most fights when playing as MM. All attacks seem so damn weak now, with only Wild Quiver being able to compensate if you are lucky with rng. And of course it's pretty demotivating doing 12k dps when every caster, and now paladins, are throwing out 30-40k crits and almost doubling my own dps.

Naturally I'll have to fine tune my playstyle as it's far from perfect still, but I don't see that netting me another 3-4k dps which I'm currently lacking from pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Druloq View Post
    I don't get how people can say they've somehow gotten higher dps now than pre patch. Highest I've managed so far was like 14.5k as BM on Saurfang. Other than that I've dropped 2-4k dps on most fights when playing as MM. All attacks seem so damn weak now, with only Wild Quiver being able to compensate if you are lucky with rng. And of course it's pretty demotivating doing 12k dps when every caster, and now paladins, are throwing out 30-40k crits and almost doubling my own dps.

Naturally I'll have to fine tune my playstyle as it's far from perfect still, but I don't see that netting me another 3-4k dps which I'm currently lacking from pre-patch.
    i went from 14-16k dps pre patch to 20k+ on all. so if you lost dps your doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by svettleif View Post
    i went from 14-16k dps pre patch to 20k+ on all. so if you lost dps your doing it wrong.
    raid logs for proof?

Deleted
    Well, I would say it's the players here. We didn't have someone to upload the fights to World of Logs so I'll just post them next week. The officers (Ret/DK/Hunter/Mage/Boomkin) and a random boomkin were pulling ~18-19k constantly while other people in the guild were capped at around 14k DPS. The hunter is MM and he said he's pulling more DPS and he has no idea wtf he's doing, just hitting random crap. You guys are doing it wrong.

Deleted
    I did not really raid yet with my character ( I`m a Beast Master ) but i did some HC Dungeons and my DPS was the same as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svettleif View Post
    I'd like to see these logs before you make these grandiose claims. Your gear is BIS, but it's unforged, and if you had such an increase from NOT reforging, then you may be onto something.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!