Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thoughts so far "Fury/SMF"

Hey warriors, I consider myself geared but not super geared, I reforged all my haste to hit, still gemmed full +20str and +10str/crit +15stam to activate meta.
    I originally started with the TG spec 3/31/2, ran icc 10 Hmodes with guild last night and had decent results on most fights "around 7400 dps sustained." Well I got my hands on a TOC 25 Axe, "Blood Fury," and already had Heroic Gutbuster so I decided to try it out as SMF. The results were nothing but awesome. I was pulling 7.8-8k sustained on Heric Dummy, "sorry no parse." With the same rotation I figured out for TG.. HS"always on CD"> BT/RB and a very small ammounts of slams, keeping my berserker rage up and popping as many skills as I can then hitting battleshout to re-gain rage. I am heading into icc 10 H as I type and will be trying out SMF on Blood, Plague, and LK. Maybe I can get some parses for you all.

This is blood queen 10 H w/o being bitten. SMF

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SMF stats "icky patch"
    AP:4140
    Haste:12.20%
    Hit:19.49%
    Crit:35.11%
    Expertise:25/28, "low because I was figuring out how it had a different effect in SMF..did not really notice a difference 1 pt under cap or 2 pt over"

Thanks for your time. Also using just T10 2-pc, and T9 2-pc, essential T9 2-pc is the same as T10 4-pc now.
    Last edited by Ironflame; 2010-10-15 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironflame View Post
    Hit:19.49%
    Why do all fury warriors I see have so much hit now? Is it beneficial to have more then melee spec cap now? (8%)

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

SMF (at the moment) should always output less DPS than TG. That's just the mechanics of the game right now; if you're seeing more DPS as SMF I'd say something wasn't tweaked right with TG.

Also, if you've got any sort of gem with + Stamina then you should switch it out. For Blue slots, put in the +10 Strength / Hit (Purple) Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsail the Orc View Post
    Why do all fury warriors I see have so much hit now? Is it beneficial to have more then melee spec cap now? (8%)
    Heroic Strike is on a 3 second cooldown and it no longer treats our off-hand attacks as a special meaning that we need more than the 8% we did before.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Also with Rage normalised now, we need to ensure we get every hit possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    SMF is bad right now. Anyone who denies that isn't playing the class right, or you simply are misinformed/are trolling.
    TG is decent, but it's not as good as it was pre patch.
    This isn't a complaint, however, because I'm one of the people who realize that it's tuned for 85, not 80. We'll be gimps for a while. End of story, so deal with it.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    SMF is fine, we just don't have the weapons available for it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not fine. We don't have the gear to make it viable/hit hard enough yet. Therefore the spec is pointless.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Thoughts on SMF?

Well I think it looks much better for my undead warrior to dual wield single-handed weapons again, rather than two-handers. I can suspend belief to a considerable degree, but that just looks terribad. It's alright for orcs and tauren, but on undead you gotta have single handers.

...wait, that's what you meant by thoughts right?
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Having played several hours with the "buffed" fixes I am not comfortable giving a dummy dps - simply because I didn't take a parse of it but will say this

Same spec minus SMF or TG same gear (stacked as follows hit(soft cap)>expertise>strength>crit>hit(hard cap)>haste) reforged all haste to hit while staying at exp cap

anyway

I found SMF to be anywhere from 200-700 dps below TG.... that can be due to lack of strength on weapons- using 5 minute sections on a dummy whilst keeping up sunders

Personally, I enjoy SMF more, I come from a rare breed of Vanilla fury warriors ( you know the ones who started to take over the world in BWL with CTS and Claw of the black drake lol) and enjoy the super fast attack speed , with current weapons my OH is sitting at 1.15 speed all these attacks, critting furiously hitting the target several times while the guy with TG is standing there (obviously an over exaggeration but you get the picture) I do not find myself gimped compared to other warriors in fact i can keep up or pass them with proper cooldown usage and rotation.

Basically I am very impressed with SMF vs TG and as it looks Blizzard has done a superb job making TG and SMF competitive with one another, while noting that there are not strength 1h available atm.

I get people asking me what i am doing with the 1h weapons but when i go and outperform warriors/rogues in heroics or the lone 25man I did ( VOA if u must know- also no parse didn't think id be posting about it) they tend to ask me about it

Granted it is 4.0 casters raped me but thats the way it is atm

Also
    Slam-loss of dps (stop using it unless there is a free GCD - doubtful with HS/RB/BT) - it needs a buff pure and simple its not worth using
    Last edited by Sanpan; 2010-10-15 at 06:30 AM. Reason: it's early forgot to finish a thought process

Quote Originally Posted by Sanpan View Post
    Having played several hours with the "buffed" fixes I am not comfortable giving a dummy dps - simply because I didn't take a parse of it but will say this
    Curious, what weapons did you use?
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Blood Venom Blade MH (it's slower)
    Heroic Scourgeborne WarAxe OH(socketed with strength)

both with zerking
    too lazy to put an actual link atm

Updated with some graphical interpretations. This is not about SMF being better than TG, this is purely for the curious. I stated no where it was better than TG currently. "ack need more posts apparently, will pst tomorrow"
    Last edited by Ironflame; 2010-10-15 at 08:43 AM.

TBH, warriors are in a pretty weird spot ATM, sort of the "You might be great later, but the gear (Slow 1-handers with Strength on them for fury and DPS-gear without tons of haste on it for arms) or skills (Colossus smash at L81) aren't there yet"-corner, so it's hard to say how good/bad we're tuned until we get the gear to figure it out, would have been nice if two out of four specs weren't hampered in that way until Cataclysm hits (Counting SMF and TG fury as 2 specs)

Deleted
    Why are you all using Agi-Weapons for SMF? This could not work now after they removed the AP from those weapons.

If you try it, you should get Black Bruise (from Festergut) for the main hand and Last Word (from the Prof) or Heartpierce (from Lady) as OH-weapon.

PS: sorry, I may not post links and this forum supports no [item]-Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by samot View Post
    Why are you all using Agi-Weapons for SMF? This could not work now after they removed the AP from those weapons.

If you try it, you should get Black Bruise (from Festergut) for the main hand and Last Word (from the Prof) or Heartpierce (from Lady) as OH-weapon.

PS: sorry, I may not post links and this forum supports no [item]-Tag.
    I believe we are aware that using Agi based weapons is gimping the spec, and I believe I even stated that.... It's more of a hey lets try out this new option available to us and see how it is. Seeing as ICC has been bugged in several different ways the past few nights, coupled with addons not working, and at times lag from server overloads I haven't even had the chance to step into icc much past marrowgar, nor did I have the chance to get the "optimal- yet still no strength(proc doesn't count because well its a proc) weapons and am using what I got before hand)

at this point in the game it is more about figuring out the new spec and what you want to do, and as far as I can tell SMF and TG will be spot on (a first for talents like this I suppose) and you can actually pick and choose which one you prefer come cata

I'll be happy in Cata if they actually balance the two specs. I've been fury since first getting a Eskhandar's from Mag way back in MC (and immediately after getting it, pulling threat like none other). I'd prefer 2 1h over 2h, but i'll still stick with whatever comes out on top.

Arrow

Ok I got the parse/info up now finally after reaching 10 posts -_-*.. We later went on to LK reg "had to replace guild tank.."his mom showed up at the door" and with the new flex lock system our new tank had done H lootship and we could not do H LK therefor >.<. I pulled around 8400 P1 through 2, we wiped due to some recent members not knowing how fast you need to cleans necrotic.. so I tried TG, I pulled around 10.2k first time, wiped 10k the second time, I do not have the parse as it was very early in the morning and we called it to finish tonight. "Also brand new guild formed, 2nd day of ICC" I am curious to see if I get the chance to try SMF on LK again.

Just a couple of screens from VOA 10. I kind of screwed up on my rotations a bit so...

Anyways, SMF spec. Standard Stats: 10.52% haste, 4381 AP self buffed, 26.35% hit, 37.69% crit, 17 expertise, 8.00 mastery.

Fire

Ice

Hey looking good, nice to see someone reply with another parse. ^^ I will get another for LK tonight.
    Visit http://www.twitch.tv/laughinwhale have a cash and steam game give away going!