Survival Problems in 4.0.1

I seem to be having the following troubles with Survival right now:

1. Abysmally low PPM on LnL using only BA. Less than 1 proc every 2 minutes. On a 4min Heroic Festergut I had 1 proc . . . it was terrible. And does anyone know the ICD on it? Why not 100% chance per BA anymore?

2. Ice Trap doesn't always proc LnL. In an attempt to improve my dps due to #1, I began using Trap Launcher to fire an Ice Trap at the bosses. Probably only 1 in every 3 actually procced the LnL despite it saying 100% chance.

3. Pet isn't scaling with haste. What is this crap? Why not?

4. I honestly don't think I've regained Focus from Thrill of the Hunt even once . . . it's kinda ridiculous.

5. I noticed on multiple occasions of Ice Trapping that LnL proccing didn't always reset the CD on ExS. Usually it was right after I hit ExS and CD was at 5sec and then LnL procs and . . . nothing. Only Arcane Shot is lit.

Check out my Armory. I feel like I've gemmed, enchanted, reforged, etc. properly. My SV dps is still ahead of my MM dps even when standing still (somehow) but it's barely 900 ahead of my BM dps whereas in BM I just go lolololololarcanecarcanearcanearcaneKILLCOMMANDarcane etc. Any advice?

I've basically had no issues with procs, sometime Rng says "go fuck yourself" but not often. Also surv is really the higher dps for you? I've got MM about 1k ahead on dummies.

Yea, I tried reforged and basic gear and SV was still ahead.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 09:36 PM ----------

Double post but wanted to point out that MM eeked out slightly ahead of SV on dummies but I blamed that on 100% Steady Shot crit and decided that SV would come out ahead. And it has in my raid encounters.

im pretty sure frost trap doesnt proc LnL unless something is actually affected by it, bosses are not.

Low ppm on lnl is something for the rng-gods and nothing you can do bout. You have bad luck, sucks. You are lucky, gratz.

The pet haste, idk yet will have to check.
    TotH is not haste.

The only thing to "complain" about SV is that its alil clunked out with refreshing SrS and thus a pretty tight "rotation" compared to MM where you still spam the same shots as before and just wait for your Aimed to proc (dont come up with hurr durr Arcane, its a focus dump for any spec).
    At the start i had slight problems with my focus regen because it was alil spiky. Now after reforging towards 25%ish haste, its smooth as cake and super fun to play.

Other than that, considering MM vs SV, SV might again suffer from not at using Weapon DPS in its formula such as MM with CS does. Hence it could be the same, tho this time only slight outperformance towards MM in higher tiers(However, this is nothing to be concerned about yet and my 8ball might be wrong there [Considering shot dmg, CS and ES should stay close to each other this time tho and no ArP will help to not make the gap to big).

Other than that, i like SV, its a really fun spec to play (as it was since 3.0.8) and the play-style did not really change all that much, besides me still hitting my Aotv keybind after each fight xD.

For the record: launched explosive trap + Serpent Spread is IMMENSE awesome .) (try that on cindy whelp trash)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Survival AOE is the best I've seen in 4.0. It's not even a contest. Multi-Improved-Serpent-Spread does not suffer from the AOE damage cap like most magic AOE abilities. Well, at least the Serpent component doesn't, I can't speak for the physical portion. I'm using 1/2 Serpent Spread at the moment, not sold on going 2/2 yet.

Single target Survival is beautiful. I'm pulling 8-9k on 5-man bosses, where I used to struggle pulling 5-6k (3.3 Marks). It's dynamic and requires more attention than the other two specs, but it never feels like work. As long as you make sure to hit BA when it's up, SrS when it's about to expire, and pop Ex-SrS-Ex during LnL procs, you're golden. I'm still testing whether using ES or AS during regular portions yields better results.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Sacrifice to the RNG gods before each raid.

2. Bosses shouldn't trigger traps; they should just vanish instead of becoming a slick. Now that I think about it, I think they changed it recently so that it became a slick, but still did not snare the boss and thus "affect" it and proc LNL

3. A while ago they said it was a "technical limitation." Because changing one value based on another value is a very difficult concept for programmers.

4. I think you may be wrong here.

5. It was literally tacked on at the last minute, so bugs will not surprise me.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    2. Bosses shouldn't trigger traps; they should just vanish instead of becoming a slick. Now that I think about it, I think they changed it recently so that it became a slick, but still did not snare the boss and thus "affect" it and proc LNL
    Saurfang does trigger Frost Trap (or freezing ?// well the AoE one)

However, you are currently in your BM-Spec and none of your gear is reforged. Try using your reforging towards haste when using SV. Id like to hear from your reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

I was surv before patch and loved it. Now I'm finding surv to be gimp and BM to be doing alot better. And yes procs hardly proc for me in surv mobs or trash are already dead by other classes dps before anything procs as surv. At least for me anyways

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 02:41 AM ----------

No do not reforge haste I tried that and it made things much much worse!

Weird how it's not showing me as reforged. I'm reforged completely toward Mastery. 20.83 mastery (sucks that that .83 is wasted).

I am, however, enjoying the Multi Shot spam on trash. It's pretty fun.