21.5k dps at Saurfang 25 Heroic

I make this post for all hunters, who seek optimal spec, gemming, rotation etc.
    I was browsing World of Logs in search of some hunter inspiration and i found this:

>>worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qibmpebq8jjyv3ie/sum/damageDone/?s=2016&e=2153<<

He made 21.5k dps in MM spec on saurfang 25 heroic (without switching to adds).
    So this is a sign that hunter is actually a very good class.
    All we need is to track Geoph or other imba hunter spec/reforge/rotation.

Need some feedback
    sultangurde
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

I mean, actually knowing his spec, glyphs, rotation, etc, would help. Also his gear, gemming, reforging, etc.

Too bad the armory isn't working right now.

While its quite impressive, you have to take into count the fight lenght.
    When you look at it, he aint able to keep up the 20k actually. He is so high only, cuz the fight ended so fast.
    He jumps at peak(2x rapid fire+bl) to 35 ..and since the fight ends fast, the buffs are a huge impact to the overall dps.
    He's actually dps is hovering around 17-18k. And he has the absolute bis gear available in game(ok, he could change the cloak to 277, but other than that, there is nothing in game he could replace.

Now look in depth about his dps-> Around 50% is from "autoattacks".(autoshot, wild quiver, piercing shots).
    The 2 mm signature shots make up for a whooping 10% of his overall dps(chimera+aimed).
    In fact, im fairly sure , if he wouldnt use chimera or aimed at all, and steady+arcane instead, he woulda landed still over 20k dps.
    How is that intresting at all? or even better, how the hell can we be so poorly designed? The special shots mean nothing right now, if you have trouble finding a good rotation to put em in, just leave em out, you might lose some dps, but for sure not much. And if you troubled with the rotation before, well now you are just facerolling steady+arcane, so it may actually be a
    dps increase overall.

Edit: Who are wondering about his reforging, he has forged all crit into mastery.

One more thing

I also came to one more conclusion.
    For so short figths: 2min 10 sec for example, it might actually be better to get Rapid Fire glyph for 10% extra haste for 30 sec (app. 25% of the fight).

Because boss has less than 20% life for only 26 sec of the fight, so Kill Shot glyph is pointless.

Also i made query and found how he is starting the fight

[19:36:37.348] Geoph casts Serpent Sting on Deathbringer Saurfang
    [19:36:37.512] Deathbringer Saurfang afflicted by Serpent Sting from Geoph
    [19:36:37.702] Geoph Auto Shot Deathbringer Saurfang 2654 (O: -1)
    [19:36:38.191] Geoph Wild Quiver Deathbringer Saurfang *5613* (O: -1)
    [19:36:38.339] Geoph casts Chimera Shot on Deathbringer Saurfang
    [19:36:38.488] Deathbringer Saurfang's Serpent Sting is refreshed by Geoph
    [19:36:38.488] Geoph Chimera Shot Deathbringer Saurfang *14955* (O: -1)
    [19:36:38.555] Deathbringer Saurfang afflicted by Marked for Death from Geoph
    [19:36:38.971] Deathbringer Saurfang afflicted by Piercing Shots from Geoph
    [19:36:39.593] Geoph Auto Shot Deathbringer Saurfang *6882* (O: -1)
    [19:36:39.845] Geoph casts Arcane Shot on Deathbringer Saurfang
    [19:36:39.970] Geoph Arcane Shot Deathbringer Saurfang 6950 (O: -1)
    [19:36:39.970] Geoph Piercing Shots Deathbringer Saurfang 590 (O: -1)
    [19:36:39.970] Deathbringer Saurfang's Serpent Sting is refreshed by Geoph
    Last edited by sultangurde; 2010-10-15 at 09:25 AM.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did just under 17k (whilst doing 265k to adds, trap launching ice traps and being a moron with new keybind positioning leading to me MSing Saurfang twice).

Marksman is really in relatively a decent place. Sure i'm down 3-4k off my usual performance (and that was still doign in the region of 100k to adds back then) but with blizz bringing all classes into line with us its not the end of the world (or at least appearing to. Either that or we will be one of those classes who they dont want to give 'excitement' to, but im not holding my breath - nor am I crying about it)

I mixed up the raid last night with a few runs of BM and MM trying them both out. I had a fellow hunter running full MM and another running full BM. Our end general opinion was a few fights do favour actually do quite well with BM , but a few really favour MM so its good if we actually need to start rotating around our specs mid raid - thats my take on it at least anyway. I feel that perhaps if we all were as up to scratch with the new mechanics that perhaps MM would still just beat BM on the fights that the BM hunter was doing relatively well on but even still the competition is there from all specs.

I reckon there will probably be a bit of tweaking to our abilities , maybe we'll go up 1-2k dps maximum in all 3 specs to around 18k , and if that happens i wouldnt cry too much as rets and whatnot carry on getting balanced to that position, and mages, moonkins, locks and sps come down to around the same so that it ends up being on the player , not the class (lolol WotLK motto that went horribly wrong - ohai there disc priests on LK and 5 paladins on Anub).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    So this is a sign that hunter is actually a very good class.
    No, this is a sign that a murloc with heroic gear can do the same.

Deleted
    Is the difference between full heroic gear and 264 gear really that big?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al'Akir&cn=Geoph

That character is wearing BiS gear in every slot, including heroic Fal'inrush. Unfortunately the Armoury is not currently displaying how he/she chose to glyph, re-gem and reforge his/her gear - that would have been useful to see.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=54576
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50653

^ the former may be questionable, but the latter certainly is not.

Former means dropping hit gems into agility , havent done the maths on it, but its worth considering.

Nonetheless yes, his gear is very good but the largest impact has already been said. 137 second fight, over 1/3rd of which is under Lust, 1/4 of it under RF, 1/4 of it under speed pot (If he's not pre- potted i'd be suprised), Double Blood Fury, Two of the strongest DBW proc (1400 AP from the 700 Agility, and the crit on top of that). Add to that a CotW without a doubt during the Lust/DBW/RF frenzy at the start.

I'd of been happy to of at least maintained my pre-patch dps...but...I'm not really seeing it.
    My guild took the week off from raiding, so I opted to take my Lock on a run with some friends. My Lock has a fair majority of normal ICC10, all251 tier gear and a couple crafted items. While I play the lock frequently, I'd by no means say I was "good" at it.
    I say this because...there was a "main" hunter on the run...well geared (ICC25 w/heroic stuff)...and I out dps'd him on every fight by 1.5 to as much as 5.4k.
    Now...that'd normally lead to somebody saying he sucked...or lrn2play...but...like I mentioned, I'm not terribly in tune with playing a warlock so I figure that should of leveled the playing field? He was playing Marks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimijin View Post
    No, this is a sign that a murloc with heroic gear can do the same.
    <-- Murloc in heroic gear reporting in.
    Mooska (Holy Cow Meatshield) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Nooska (Blood Elf Animal lover) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Beast Master hunter in 4.3 - Elitist Jerks
    Beast Master hunter, PVE guide - Wowhead