Drain Soul or Shadowburn?

Well, I'm basically wondering if it's worth throwing the extra point I have for Destruction into Shadowburn or not. The alternative is just using Drain Soul. I'd have to give up a point into Backlash or something random like that (I'm only 1/3, just got it for PvP randomness) and it doesn't seem like that's much to give up.

In case you're going "WTF" right now, you can Drain Soul stuff like Raging Spirits and get your shards back in combat.

I picked up Shadowburn (no points in Backlash -- I went with the RoF/Conflag daze talent, as well as Shadowfury) for the quick shard refresh on fights with adds, as sometimes even if you have enough time to cast DS, you don't always get the soulshard generation if it hasn't been on the mob long enough before it dies (I don't think it necessarily has to have time for a full tick, but many times I've applied it just a moment before a mob died and didn't generate anything)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I picked up Shadowburn (no points in Backlash -- I went with the RoF/Conflag daze talent, as well as Shadowfury) for the quick shard refresh on fights with adds, as sometimes even if you have enough time to cast DS, you don't always get the soulshard generation if it hasn't been on the mob long enough before it dies (I don't think it necessarily has to have time for a full tick, but many times I've applied it just a moment before a mob died and didn't generate anything)
    Yeah I have Shadowfury, I picked up Nether Ward/Protection because of how fucking awesome it is on stuff like Infest. I don't see myself now having time to cast DS but having time to cast Shadowburn given that Shadowburn requires a target below 20% and DS can be cast any time.

I have Nether Ward, but not Protection ... but, I did spend a while considering it

I probably am gonna give up Shadowburn, mostly because I've run out of keybinds. I already have like 18 abilities keybound, only way I could add more is if I start doing ctrl+ or alt+ instead of just shift+ ... also, with its travel time I've been having difficulty timing it so it hits the moment before the mob dies.