S8 Buyable without Arena Rating!?!

So, A friend on AIM just hit me up saying that S8 is buy able with just Honor Points and no arena rating... I went to go check and there is still a "Requires Arena Rating" in the Tool tip over the Item and it is still red.. So I try to buy the 2H Axe for 2,500 Honor Points and it lets me!

That may be just beta, according to what has been said it should be purchasable with conquest points.

Nope, it works. You can buy all tier 1 weapons and wrath except shoulders. Because you can only buy the lower stuff it seems like an intended unannounced change, but it bugged out last time before the x-pac so its possibly a bug. We won't know until its confirmed

why wouldnt they take off the ratings? S8 should have ended with the patch coming out and bg's / arena right now is just rofl anyways with dmg being so much higher compared to our health pools if anything i would just save the points to buy the starter gear that comes out at 85 as pvp is pointless right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbhealzor View Post
    why wouldnt they take off the ratings? S8 should have ended with the patch coming out and bg's / arena right now is just rofl anyways with dmg being so much higher compared to our health pools if anything i would just save the points to buy the starter gear that comes out at 85 as pvp is pointless right now.
    this

People who enjoy pvp? not everything has to be about min/maxing

Because cata is 2 months away and capping honor isn't very hard. Why not make lvling easy with better gear once cata comes out and have fun now while you still can. I donno about you, but having tier 1 weapons on my alt over non raiding weapons is a huge upgrade lol

Deleted
    So,you can buy whole S8 gear except Shoulers right ?

Once upon a time, people did pvp for fun. Don't see how it is ever pointless.

yeah i belive is problaby a bug...last time something similar happened they took it away and gave the currency back!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbacio View Post
    yeah i belive is problaby a bug...last time something similar happened they took it away and gave the currency back!
    There is a good reason to believe this, but also with the changes to how you get pvp gear in cata, it wouldn't be to far fetched. It did happen when BC came out and rank 14 gear was available to everyone.

Just so everyone will stop asking and start buying:
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....59574&sid=1#65

Yes you can buy anything below a 2k rating regardless of your personal rating. Have fun.

Same thing happened right before wrath you could buy the regular pvp set for just honor including weapons. I leveled with them. No surprise they are doing the same thing here.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbacio View Post
    Wrong the only gear that got removed was the priest and warlock gear because you could buy it for FREE the rest you were able to keep

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...03221811&sid=1

Here is a blue post in the US forums validating this info.

If I recall correctly those requirements for Arena gear will be gone come release. I could swear I remember a blue talking about that somewhere, and its why people are saying that there will be players looking to Raid in Epic PvP gear.

Aparently the PVE Epic end game gear is much harder to obtain, while the PVP Epic gear is much much easier...lol.

EDIT: However they will NOT be able to be purchased with honor points...but pvp emblems.

Deleted
    Check the blie tracker -- we just got blue confirmation that you can buy everything except T2 weapons and shoulders for honor without ratings.