why is nothing selling in the AH???

ok so on my server (gilneas) prices have been dropping which is usual for this point in the xpac but i figured 4.01 would have alot of people regemming and buying stuff more than usual and now i couldnt get something to sell if my friggin life depended on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sold 17 ametrines in about 20 minutes yesterday, for about 50G more then before the patch.

I'd say stuff is selling just fine. Maybe you're on a low pop server or something?

Either your prices are bad or most people have already prepared themselves for the patch. Ya know, bought glyphs / gem before prices got fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

this isnt a low pop server it was a release on with vanilla and prices have been generally higher on this server than the few others i tested out. and people are pretty stupid here so i dont think they would have prepared

i always have a had time selling stuff on AH, it took me 1.5yrs to sell my orb of deception, and ive been trying to sell the recipe for savory deviate delight on both neutral and horde AH for like 6months and no luck

Derailed the Cereal Thread

its the end of an expansion scripts are selling and some gems but other than that everything will slow to a crawl. Strictly because you don't need it anymore

market seems a bit slower on my realm aswell, but it'll pick up between 4.0.3 and cata when people start leveling new race/class combo alts.

I've made over 20k in the last few days easy. Would have made much more had I not been lazy as hell.

Here is what I did after the patch, which is what some of the smarter players probally did!

With glyphs and gems sky-rocket'ing I just used guild JC's and the same goes for glyphs, and if you G-bank is well stocked like a well put together guild's should be you should have just enough mats to hand out for a discounted price. For example a +30 stam gem was 75g before the patch, they are now listed on my server for 150g, and I refuse to pay that because people feel like they want to fuck people on patch day. So just do what I did and turn to your guild if you need enchants and such, actually most people should be doing this each time they need something will save you alot of gold. And as for BoE's and stuff like that, why even buy'em now. Cata is schedual'd for Dec 7th and all the purple gear will be replaced with blues and greens, there is just no point in buying.

Technically its not even neccessary to re-gem unless you fell below a hit cap or something of that nature, glyphs however are more of a must. So if people wanted they could just change up glyphs and practice on getting a good rotation down, and relearning everything about your class so your 90% g2g on release. Reason I say 90% is im sure blizzard will have changed alot more stuff up by the time of release lol.
    Last edited by jmmathe; 2010-10-15 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoomsayer View Post
    ok so on my server (gilneas) prices have been dropping which is usual for this point in the xpac but i figured 4.01 would have alot of people regemming and buying stuff more than usual and now i couldnt get something to sell if my friggin life depended on it.
    I play Gilneas as well. I don't know if you are Horde or Alliance, but as Alliance I have been selling very well. Horde however, lol. Horde is ridiculously underpopulated on Gilneas. And the Horde auction house is even more ridiculous. I was just on there earlier and saw Glyph Mastery books priced at over 1k gold a piece...

Anyway, I suppose it depends on what you are trying to sell and when you are trying to sell it.

Auction addons are broken, so alot of people arn't selling much atm, or buying for that matter.

Beyond that, addons breaking has put a hold on plenty of guild's raiding.

I have a transmute alchemist and JC and I'm making bank on gems that are selling for twice as much as they did pre-patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Im selling quite alot of gems at the moment, might just be what you are selling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an idiot who forgot to purchase gems before they changed everything and got rid of Armor Pen., now I have gotten some new gear and I have just straight up left it without gems, because on Mal'GAnis some gem prices have nearly doubled. +20 agi are selling for 300g and +10agi +10haste are going for 370g... luckily they have already started to recede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I've made over 20k in the last few days easy. Would have made much more had I not been lazy as hell.
    pretty much this :x maybe you should get an AH addon or something....makes life easier.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm selling my alchemy gems like never before and higher then before
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

10+ Year Old Account
    My glyphs are selling pretty decently

Maybe OP is trying to sell BoE's or crafting mats? Because honestly if you're trying to sell gems/glyphs/enchants (or any of their mats) right now they're selling like hotcakes for at least a 50% markup.