Balance Rotation help

Alright, boomkin is awesome with the new additions, but I'm not entirely sure the what the proper rotation/priority is.
    Toon > wowarmory[.]com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&cn=Plsdonttouch

[Lunar]<----------0---------->[Solar]

So, I normally start by:

1. Cast Insect Swarm
    2. Cast Moonfire
    3. Cast Starsurge
    4. Start casting Wrath to build up Lunar(?) energy while maintaining DoT uptime
    5. [Lunar Eclipse] Start casting Starfire, and keeping Starsurge on cooldown ~~ Re-cast Moonfire after the first Starfire during the Eclipse
    6. [Solar Eclipse] Start casting Wrath, and keeping Starsurge on cooldown ~~ Re-cast Insect Swarm after first Wrath during the eclipse
    7. Give highest priority to Shooting Star procs for Instant Starsurges
    8. Use Starfall on cooldown or save when you know multiple targets/adds will appear

Am I doing anything wrong? I'm getting about average of 7.7k DPS on a target dummy without using Starfall. I'm just not quite sure about some things like:

1. When a Solar eclipse happens and my Insect Swarm and Wrath lights up does that mean I need to refresh my Insect Swarm DoT?
    2. Do I always want to apply Sunfire during this time? Do you spam Sunfire or is it a typical DoT?
    3. Since Crit is no longer our mana regen what is now? When testing on a dummy I need to innervate myself on cooldown to keep going for several minutes and sometimes thats not enough...
    4. Should I drop some points from Owlkin Frenzy to pickup 2/3 in Moonglow, or drop 2 points in Owlkin Frenzy and 1 point from Gale Winds to get 3/3 Moonglow?

I've read the Elitist Jerks and some other blog rolls, but it just seems like everyone has differing opinions especially on glyphs so I just wanted to ask for some help.

10+ Year Old Account

The new mechanics are too confusing...it's not very fun having to manage 5 things at one time

My basic rotation is this:
    IS->MF->Starsurge->wrath spam till eclipse proc->starfire spam till eclipse proc
    I then throw up my DoTs when/right before they drop, use starsurge on CD, and when the instant cast procs, and use Starfall on CD but only if in a lunar eclipse so that it benefits from the extra dmg

Oh if solar eclips procs before DoTs drop off I do go ahead and refresh them so that I get Sunfire up on the boss instead of MF.

With this basic rotation/priority list after they nerfed us last night/this morning im doing 10k on a testing dummy. Before nerf i was at 14k on dummy and 17-22k in ICC 25 heroic.

To get the full benefit out of MF/SunF spam you have to keep moving around so that you are keeping Lunar shower(think thats what its called) at 3 stacks. Otherwise you just apply it as you would any other DoT

Spirit is now tied into our mana regen but if you are having issues there are talents that can help with that. Instead of dropping Owlkin Frenzy I would suggest dropping Gale Winds and putting those 2 pts into Moonglow. That should help some on your mana issues.

Im still working out the little details myself with all the changes, but so far this is what seems to be working for me. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Marymary; 2010-10-15 at 02:08 PM.

Yes, that helps. My DPS definitely went up since 3.3.5 and happy with the changes. I'm working on getting some crafted leather legs to get the specialization bonus. So, you think Owlkin Frenzy is worth it? 3 points just seem like a waste, but it's more DPS than Moonglow I suppose. I didn't know Spirit was tied to our regen now I thought that was mostly healers. I'll have to keep that in mind because I just saw like 25% hit and started reforging to Haste (or Crit/Mastery).

Spirit is still mainly tied to healers, but we do get some benefit from it as well including hit which can be nice when trying to get that last little bit for hit cap. As of now in ICC owlkin frenzy is especially good. So many of the fights have aoe damage that causes it to proc that I definitely see it as beneficial. I suggested taking the points from gale winds for moonglow instead of owlkin frenzy because galewinds doesnt do much for you in regards to single target dps. Would rather lose a bit of trash/aoe dps and have better mana management than have higher dps on trash and have to rely on innervates to make it through the fight without going oom.

I reapply Insect Swarm -> Sunfire on every Solar Eclipse, also reapply Moonfire on Every Lundar Eclipse. (This is what works for me, might be horrible as for DPS terms.)
    Always try to use your starfall during Lunar Eclipse, in my rotation I end up with having Starfall off CD whenever I'm close to Lunar.

Edit: I don't know what you're doing with your mana, but it took me 7 minutes of Dummie testing to go out of mana without using Innervate, and I'm not specced into a mana conservaty way.

actually, the quickest fix for you to buff your dps would be to get rid of the two pieces of cloth you have. Since the patch, cloth+chicken=bad chicken. When in all leather, you get a 5% int buff for FREE(not available in RI)! And as you should now know, int=sp=happy maniacal lazer chicken!

It should be easy enough for you to replace those bracers and pants, even if you have to take a hit on ilvl, though not too big of one.

Yeah, I think I said I was going to replace them. I didn't realize the leggings were cloth when I was getting another piece of T10. I replaced the bracers already (armory isn't updating) with a lower ilvl item already. I guess I will grind out some heroics and other raids to purchase the T10 legs or craft some to get the bonus.

Your spec is wrong you are going oom because u dont have furor..... 15% increased total mana is amazing for boomkins regardless... drop 3/3 owlkin frenzy for that since blizzard basically (silently?) made every PvE AoE not proc owlkin frenzy as far as i could tell from raiding last night....

and yeah its been said before but I found i get the best dps now from keeping both dots up constantly only using starfall during lunar eclipse and always moving/jumping while refreshing my dots AND during instant cast starsurge, with that combination + normal movement on boss fights i rarely have to stop casting to move to make sure that my lunar shower never fades

10+ Year Old Account
    Put up Moonfire/Sunfire before Insect Swarm. Insect Swarm is more dps than Moonfire and if you cast Moonfire first, Insect Swarm will gain the buff from Nature's Grace. Honestly, don't have the time right now to correct everything in this thread. I would suggest looking at Qieth or Sunfyre's blog (both are linked in the sticky for Druid Blogs) as it seems you are clueless about some key elements of the rotation.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzi View Post
    Your spec is wrong you are going oom because u dont have furor..... 15% increased total mana is amazing for boomkins regardless... drop 3/3 owlkin frenzy for that since blizzard basically (silently?) made every PvE AoE not proc owlkin frenzy as far as i could tell from raiding last night....

and yeah its been said before but I found i get the best dps now from keeping both dots up constantly only using starfall during lunar eclipse and always moving/jumping while refreshing my dots AND during instant cast starsurge, with that combination + normal movement on boss fights i rarely have to stop casting to move to make sure that my lunar shower never fades
    Your advise is wrong.........i would like to see your spec with out OF in it.....

OP the only thing wrong with your spec is you have Solar Beam in it