Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The reason, when the first expansion was about to come. TBC, they released the cinematic at Blizzcon as an exclusive thingy, however many people recorded it on cam, and published on the internet, blizzard tried to stop this, forcing varies websites who were used to publish the records to shut off the video.
    But it was imnpossible to stop all of them, and they gave up.

Then WotLK came, the cinematic was released by blizzard themselves on their website, and people therefore had no need of publishing it on other websites, and it increased the visitor number greatly on blizzards own website, so they saw it as a great benefit for them to do this move.

So I think we can expect upcoming cinematics to be released and available to stream on blizzards wow website. However I heard rumors that blizzard would cut down on the cinematics, which means there will be no more CGI cinematics. The official reason for this was claimed to be that the graphic ingame was so great, that they no longer found a reason to do CGI cinematics.
    However I myself think that, that statement is Bullsh**. WoWs graphics is far from as cool as CGI cinematics, but it might be faster and easier, and cheaper using WoWs graphic engine rather than CGI.
    I think the last statement I said, about blizzard would stop produce CGI cinematics was nothing more than just a false rumor. However I cannot confirm either of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Sigh stop being petty, i meant announced as in release date, clearly.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/09/15/wr...ate-announced/

Stop posting TBH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    So you'd rather they wait until November 23rd to announce the December 7th expansion, essentially giving us 14 days notice to finish up what we want to?

Well I must say I prefer the random release date announcement well in advance over that.
    October 23rd, not november.

October 23rd, not november.
    Yep, you're right. Just over a month notice is much better you're absolutely right... I still prefer the 2 or more months notice we have already gotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Yep, you're right. Just over a month notice is much better you're absolutely right... I still prefer the 2 or more months notice we have already gotten.
    Rofl stop being a prick, seriously, rofl, are you honestly trying to say 1 and a half months isnt enough notice for a game release date? Jog on son.

Rofl stop being a prick, seriously, rofl, are you honestly trying to say 1 and a half months isnt enough notice for a game release date? Jog on son.
    Irrespective, the WOTLK release date WASNT announced at Blizzcon

Deleted
    All the previous expansions were announced at Blizzcon, yet Cataclysm, supposedly the biggest expansion, the release date is just randomly announced on the site?
    All the previous expansion cinematics were revealed at Blizzcon, yet this year blizzard are airing it in an advert after (what i think) is a baseball game?

I dont know about everybody else, but this kind of stuff is really making me wonder about how long blizzard plan to keep wow running.
    You, sir, made me lol.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, seems to be alot of trolls in this thread, so FO trollin and be constructive.
    LOL - Your OP was clearly a troll post. It was a stupid topic to begin with, what the hell do you expect? You want constructive comments - on WHAT? Here is some constructive advice; Don't post stupid topics.

Seriously - you're saying Blizzard is stupid because of when they announce release dates for their own game?

Why are you still trying to defend yourself?

You butchered grammar, asked a stupid question - and got smart ass answers. That's the internet homie.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Football game not baseball!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, seems to be alot of trolls in this thread, so FO trollin and be constructive.
    LOL...were the trolls? seriously?

hate to tell you this bus blizzard has never announced the release date of an expansion at blizzcon...they have only announced the actual expansion and some of its features

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesshern View Post
    Irrespective, the WOTLK release date WASNT announced at Blizzcon
    Mmm...how does that taste, Warchief?

Just...stop posting. You're making yourself an even bigger fool now.

The release dates have not been at Blizzcon, and the full cinematic isn't being shown in the commercial.

I think that sufficiently covers everything here.

Wow ... you guys are getting easier and easier to troll everyday! I would have thought after all the "How to stop trolls" guides and everything that ppl have published you would have stop feeding them so readily. Oh well he got exactly what he wanted from this post ... you guys got all hot and bothered and he's just scrolling down over your posts lol at at your rage =). If you keep feeding them they will never leave, same is true of most lesser forms of life.

All the previous expansions were announced at Blizzcon, yet Cataclysm, supposedly the biggest expansion, the release date is just randomly announced on the site?
    All the previous expansion cinematics were revealed at Blizzcon, yet this year blizzard are airing it in an advert after (what i think) is a baseball game?

I dont know about everybody else, but this kind of stuff is really making me wonder about how long blizzard plan to keep wow running.

Despite the fact that I'm relatively certain you're a troll, I'll respond.

The BC cinematic released at some video game award thing, I remember watching it that night to see the cinematic. I'm relatively certain the Wrath cinematic was just released like the Cataclysm release date, not at any specific event, but through the site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a grammer issue with the title of this thread...

Petty would be pointing out your grammar mistake in the title, logic is pointing out everyone of your points to be retarded and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Football game not baseball!

I thought this immediately also lol

It's because a certain someone still works there.

We've known about Cata almost since the time Blizzard copyrighted the name "Cataclysm" It was announced at a Blizzcon, Its only been talked about constantly ever since then, they mentioned possibly release dates well in advance as well, You're either incredibly stupid or a troll.