10+ Year Old Account

Apparently, bladestorm tis an AoE only ability now.

Since they've tuned OP, MS, HS and left BS behind, I've been finding it pretty worthless for single target damage. I can crit MS for 10k, crit HS for 8k, and crit OP for 8k, or I can slap the target 6 times for 12k over 6s.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

PVP wise I get 7 WW's and 20k+ min in the 6 sec depending on RNG of enrage,trink procs ect. Not to mention CC invulnerability. So I would def say it is still very useful as a slightly lower priority burst/ cc break in pvp.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

They want you to stop using Bladestorm on one target and use it in its designed environment. Same way with Divine Storm.

i liked how it felt when bladestorm was a real oh shit button wich was offensive.. as most other oh shit buttons are defensive
    Norway Ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Yep.

They want you to stop using Bladestorm on one target and use it in its designed environment. Same way with Divine Storm.
    Same goes for Whirlwind. AoE abilities have their own place now, and that seems to be for packs specifically designed with AoE in mind.

BS sucks balls and hard on single target but when there's like 5+ mobs, it boosts our damage by a significant margin (ran BWL today and when we pulled entire whelps room, I peaked at 65k dps without SS on, while nearly disconnecting)

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    BS sucks balls and hard on single target but when there's like 5+ mobs, it boosts our damage by a significant margin (ran BWL today and when we pulled entire whelps room, I peaked at 65k dps without SS on, while nearly disconnecting)
    It's still no where near as fun as HB spams on a Frost DK though. I was having a blast in IC pulling packs of 20 and then 2-shotting them with 10k+ HBs. Totally loving Frost right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yes, i saw the same thing too. At least now, it's not restricted to 4 targets, which make BS not that useless. Anyway, who want to BS while leveling, seeing our armor lowered a little and us taking a crapton damage. At the very least, sweeping strikes is now awesome.