Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

one of these addons is blocking /inspect, which one?

i'll try to list the addons that i have in my UI currently:

Code:
    wowhead looter
    ace2
    ace3
    addon control panel
    atlasloot enhanced
    bagnon
    bartender
    caelnameplates
    callbackhandler
    CLCret
    curse profiler
    DBM
    dewdroplib
    forteXorcist
    Libaboutpanel
    libActionbutton
    libAlts
    libBabble
    libbetterblizzoptions
    libbossids
    libDBicon
    libgraph
    libHealComm
    libKeybound
    libSharedMedia
    libSink
    libStub
    libWindow
    ncCamera
    Omen
    OmniCC
    pallypower
    Prat
    Quartz
    recount
    reflux
    sexymap
    shadowed unit frames
    sunnart
    tabletlib
    TipTac
    one of these addons is preventing me to inspect any player in any way.

Gearscore or anything like it. They have turned on the inspect throttle they mentioned months ago so Gearscore uses up all of your Inspects meaning you can't use them yourself.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Gearscore or anything like it. They have turned on the inspect throttle they mentioned months ago so Gearscore uses up all of your Inspects meaning you can't use them yourself.
    I'm pretty sure I don't see GearScore listed....

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 04:35 PM ----------

Best thing you can do is disable all of your addons, and turn them on one-by-one.
    Just another random troll.

Not an addon causing it. Even with running no addons some are not able to inspect. Just another thing to add to the list of bugs introduced with the patch.

Deleted
    I think the /inspect bug is quite random. I was able to inspect on patch day, but wasn't able to yesterday. But today I was able to inspect again. And I have not changed anything, or disabled/added any new addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedros View Post

Best thing you can do is disable all of your addons, and turn them on one-by-one.
    Try reading more than the first word.

"or anything like it", meaning or similar addons which also work by inspecting people. Everyone I have spoken to in my guild had this issue when they had Gearscore installed, and every single one of them had the problem fixed when they deleted it.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-10-15 at 08:40 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedros View Post

Gearscore or anything like it.

anything like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without add ons I often get this bug as well.. Reminds of the good 'ol days where you had to ask what kind of weapon that was. X_X
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

I'm going to bet it's TipTac which is probably scanning for the talent of whoever you hover over.

It could be possible that gearscore not only saps it's user of /inspects, but everyone around them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allforone View Post
    It could be possible that gearscore not only saps it's user of /inspects, but everyone around them as well.
    wait, seriously? that would be like a gun that doesn't only use it's own bullets, but also that of other people.

Well, as far as I tested i couldn't inspect anyone even with all addons turned off. High five for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

It's a bug. Once you've inspected someone and you randomly stop, you have to just restart WoW to inspect again...
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Not an addon causing it. Even with running no addons some are not able to inspect. Just another thing to add to the list of bugs introduced with the patch.
    This.
    Dont bother looking for an addon. Its the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll just have to live for a little while without inspecting anyone.. Which sucks for me because I inspect people probably more than I raid or instance :S

Seems to be some pretty severe throttling of inspects, though certainly disabling the talents module of tiptac was something I did which seemed to resolve my inability to inspect.
    Since I have had little reason to inspect anyone yet then I cannot confirm if that was just coincidence or not.
    Supposedly if you are inspecting "excessively" you will be locked out from inspects for a period of time, so disabling anything which might be doing it for you will prevent you hitting that figure.
    Tiptac talents is the obvious choice there.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-15 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allforone View Post
    That's simply incorrect.

Turning off Gearscore lite did it for me. Examiner worked fine after that. I've always had TipTac Talent's turned off.

Deleted
    deleting addons/Blizzard_InspectUI seems to fix it for some people.
    don't forget to save a backup though.
    Last edited by mmoc560683934b; 2010-10-16 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    i have disabled tiptac entirely, still no results.