Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Updated Destruction Warlock Guide! o_O

Hello Fellow Warlocks

I haven't seen any updated Destro guides on the forums after our SP nerf so here is what i found out so far.

This is a quick Straight Forward guide for Destro

STATS: Hit Cap 17%>INT>Haste cap around 1270>Mastery>Crit

GLYPHS: Immolate,Conflagrate,Imp or Incinerate. I prefer Imp

ROTATION: Open with Imp Soulburn>Coe>Immolate>Bod>CB>Conflag>Incinerate Filler.

Keep Improved soulfire buff up when above 80% health.This will soon change so prepare for it too be part of your rotation the entire fight.

Soulfire Whenever Empowered Imp Procs.

When Below 20% i include Shadow burn in my rotation.

Use DoomGuard when hero pops

TALENT SPEC:2/3/31 you no longer need Imp SP

:GEMS,REFORGE:Replace your blue int/spirit gems with int/hit.If you have too choose between reforging or gemming hit too reach the hit cap then choose reforge.This is because INT>Mastery and your gems have INT, reforge gives mastery.

Once Hit capped reforge until your haste capped. This is when you can start reforging mastery.Also when reforging replace your spirit first then crit and if haste capped replace your haste with mastery.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Tirune View Post
    ROTATION: Open with Imp Soulburn>Coe>Immolate>Bod>CB>Conflag>Incinerate Filler.
    )
    Why would you need to Soulburn-Imp? Why wouldn't you just have him already summoned?

Open with COE > Soulburn-Soul Fire(get buff up) > Immolate > Conflag > Bane of Doom > Corruption > Chaos Bolt > incin.

Shadowburn should never be in your rotation, it is used only when on the move and you don't have to refresh other instants.

There really isn't anything that changed after the SP nerf except that you replace SP with Incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by n3v3rsumm3r View Post
    Why would you need to Soulburn-Imp? Why wouldn't you just have him already summoned?
    I think he meant Imp. Soulfire.

imp soulfire as in IMPROVED SOULFIRE LMAO...

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg caps

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Wait what? what do you mean with they will change imp soulfire

where have u read that? oO.. why would they buff locks.

im sorry but adding corruption too your rotation is bad...unless you moving. also and showdowburn is good enough too use. ><

Seems like corruption has a good enough DPCT to justify casting and losing a CD over our incinerate filler spam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Tirune is wrong about Corruption.

R.I.P. YARG

yes i take back what i said about corruption.i appreciate the feedback.i have looked at many destro guides and find it funny that none of there rotations had corruption in it.

Wow it has been a fun few interesting days and i think we have all read about a million threads on rotation etc.

so i thought id post mine.....

BoD/Immo/CF/SB-SF/CB/incinerate

if its boss fights just keep immo up , imp SF up ,BoD up ,CoE up , use your imp proc SF , i use my SB-SF to refresh my imp Sf, and spam CB and incinerate like normal.

things to remember

i only use CoE if its boss. trash i dont bother unless i know the trash is gonna be a while goin down.

i try to keep Improved SF up. always use imp(pet) proc of SF.

if numerous mobs BoH .

Doomguard on boss or if u just wanna have 2 pets out to look cool. dont laugh. i like throwing him out cause other toons are so engrossed in thier own class they dont know what locks can do. im still getting healed by the healer when i cast SoulHarvest.

now im not saying this is right cause lord knows its all a work in progress but thats just what im usin. dont wanna use SP cause its gonna get nerfed and i dont wanna start something i may cry about when they nerf it.

and remember , just have fun. who cares. locks do ok dps blindfolded

Why u dont use Shadow bolt for 5% crit?

What happend with Corruption¿?

Deleted
    STATS: Hit Cap 17%>INT>Haste cap around 1270>Mastery>Crit
    "Stat priority:
    Hit (Until 17%) >> Int >> Mastery = Haste = Spellpower >>> Crit"

This is taken from Elitist Jerks forums. I do kind of tend to believe them more than some random on MMO, especially when he didn't even think of using Corruption.

Besides, the EJ discussion includes all 3 specs and a more thorough view. I'd suggest reading it instead at http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t106168-...clysm_raiding/

i have looked at this guide and find it not very informative but is still helpfull and do recommend it.but i disagree when they say you must reforge all your gear too mastery after hit capped.i only started reforging mastery after 1250 haste

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 11:25 PM ----------

Anything you've been reading telling you to reforge to pure mastery as destro is officially outdated, and has been for days. This is something the community seems to have been VERY slow on the uptake on -- even the "Cataclysm Raiding" guide over at EJ hasn't been updated to reflect this, even though the simcraft thread right next door shows it to be true.

You should reforge FIRST into hit if you're below cap, then exclusively for haste. If the item already has haste, which would prevent you from reforging for haste, then you go for mastery.

With haste, however, it's possible to hit a "soft cap," as GCD issues come into play. So I'm not sure how things are after that point. It's a rather high amount of haste,

Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    Why u dont use Shadow bolt for 5% crit?
    i'd like to know aswell. should we cast SB when there are no fire mages (or others, if there are?) who can provide 5% extra chance to be crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tregan View Post
    i'd like to know aswell. should we cast SB when there are no fire mages (or others, if there are?) who can provide 5% extra chance to be crit?
    From my own testing I'd definitely say yes. It adds another ~2k to my dps, without raid buffs. With raid buffs and flasks and all it should be even higher.

EDIT: Not to mention the benefit it brings to any other caster class in the raid.

yes i would also like too know what other classes provide the 5% crit.shadow bolt is beneficial and i think should be added too the rotation after much testing.ROFL this just proves too show that no guide out there right now is 100% accurate...including mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i would also like too know what other classes provide the 5% crit.shadow bolt is beneficial and i think should be added too the rotation after much testing.ROFL this just proves too show that no guide out there right now is 100% accurate...including mine.
    Because it is not a dps loss for a demo lock, affliction lock, or a fire mage. It is a dps loss for a destro lock though. And since most raids will have a demo lock, and or affiction locks, and fire mages, it doesn't make sense for a destro lock to be casting shadowbolt.

lol sorry for confusing you,what i meant was that it should be part of the rotation when there is no fire mage or demo lock in the raid.i was testing whether or not i gained dps while adding shadowbolt too my rotation on the dummy and managed an extra 1k dps.my question is if the fire mage and lock the only classes that gives the 5% extra crit?

thanks for clearing that up

i've been asking around if there are more classes that can provide the 5% extra crit, but it doesn't seem so, sadly ;(