Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trap Launcher Macro

So I'm trying to figure out if I can clear up some space on my bar

and made this..

/use Trap Launcher
    /use [mod:alt]Snake Trap(Nature);[mod:ctrl]Ice Trap(Frost);[mod:shift]Explosive Trap(Fire);[nomod]Freezing Trap(Frost)

However all it does is spam TL, anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

I think mod part of macro no longer works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakums View Post
    So I'm trying to figure out if I can clear up some space on my bar

and made this..

/use Trap Launcher
    /use [mod:alt]Snake Trap(Nature);[mod:ctrl]Ice Trap(Frost);[mod:shift]Explosive Trap(Fire);[nomod]Freezing Trap(Frost)

However all it does is spam TL, anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?
    Do you need the "(Nature)" and so forth in there? Couldn't it just be "Snake Trap"?

Also, perhaps /cast over /use

Finally, I dunno about other folks but I've been having trouble with mod/nomod lately. I've had to spell it all out to get it to work (i.e., modifier, nomodifier). O.o

i didnt try today but i know wed ice and frost traps werent working if u macro'ed them. itd say. not yet ready or something.. even if you typed /cast ice trap it wouldnt work

this one works fine /castsequence [nomod] reset=3 Trap Launcher,Explosive Trap(Fire). press once to activate TL and press a second time to launch ur trap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, here we go:

#showtooltip [nomod] Freezing Trap; [mod:shift] Immolation Trap; [mod:ctrl] Ice Trap
    /castsequence reset=3 Trap Launcher
    /cast [nomod] Freezing Trap; [mod:shift] Immolation Trap; [mod:ctrl] Ice Trap
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Trap Launcher can's be used with Snake Trap, so that has to be on a different button. Immolation is on a different timer to Ice and Freezing, so you can actually launch both (Immo and Freez or Immo and Ice), one after the other (with just the GCD between if you are quick).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2010-10-16 at 04:53 AM.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Trap Launcher can's be used with Snake Trap, so that has to be on a different button.
    Really? Then why does the button light up when I press Trap Launcher (manually). Bug?

Ok, here we go:

#showtooltip [nomod] Freezing Trap; [mod:shift] Immolation Trap; [mod:ctrl] Ice Trap
    /castsequence reset=3 Trap Launcher
    /cast [nomod] Freezing Trap; [mod:shift] Immolation Trap; [mod:ctrl] Ice Trap
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Trap Launcher can's be used with Snake Trap, so that has to be on a different button. Immolation is on a different timer to Ice and Freezing, so you can actually launch both (Immo and Freez or Immo and Ice), one after the other (with just the GCD between if you are quick).

Hope this helps.
    What're you talking about? Trap Launcher works perfectly fine with Snake Trap. I use it for pre-pull, along with Explosive Trap.

Deleted
    snake trap does not work for me with this macro

OK Back up. I just want a macro that doesn't make me have to click two different icons before aiming. One macro per type of trap will do nicely. All the macros suggested above seem to me as "gobbledeegook" that look a lot like they launch everything at once, whether they do or not. KEEP IT SIMPLE please.

I just use /castsequence reset=target Trap Launcher, Explosive Trap

Replace explosive trap with other traps. Press it twice for it to work. Outside of PvP though, there's not much reason to use anything but Explosive Trap, and Snake Trap is a waste of a GCD :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    What're you talking about? Trap Launcher works perfectly fine with Snake Trap. I use it for pre-pull, along with Explosive Trap.
    It wasn't working for me. I don't know why, but if I cast Trap Launcher it would say that the ability wasn't ready. So I simply removed it from the modifier macro. But hey, if it isn't bugged for people, by all means, put it into a cast sequence macro.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I just use /castsequence reset=target Trap Launcher, Explosive Trap

Replace explosive trap with other traps. Press it twice for it to work. Outside of PvP though, there's not much reason to use anything but Explosive Trap, and Snake Trap is a waste of a GCD :P
    I'll give this one a try, it's a pain to have to click twice but anything is better than nothing right now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by apakara View Post
    OK Back up. I just want a macro that doesn't make me have to click two different icons before aiming. One macro per type of trap will do nicely. All the macros suggested above seem to me as "gobbledeegook" that look a lot like they launch everything at once, whether they do or not. KEEP IT SIMPLE please.
    How is it gobbledeegook, all the macro does is when you use any of the modifiers + the macro keybind it que's up that trap for use with TL. not difficult really.

And I dunno hershey Freezing trap (i think thats the one, the slow) for LK, Frost trap for helping cc on Lady D etc. Nice to have the options.

I'll try that macro written later
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

#showtooltip Explosive Trap
    /castsequence reset=14 !Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap(Fire)

2 things need to be in order....
    -The actual trap needs to be on a hotbar somewhere.
    -You have to make sure to use the (Fire) tag or (Ice) at the end of the trap.

Tested it and it works. Takes 2 clicks but its solid.
    Just replace the trap for the one you want.
    Enjoy~

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    cheers Tynth

Will check it out and test it, will post back some results.

It wasn't working for me. I don't know why, but if I cast Trap Launcher it would say that the ability wasn't ready. So I simply removed it from the modifier macro. But hey, if it isn't bugged for people, by all means, put it into a cast sequence macro.
    I have this same problem on my hunter, macro or not, it won't let me use snake trap with trap launcher.

Deleted
    i tested all macros above... nothing works

after trap luncher i press macro second time and it says "invalid target" but i dont even target anything.
    it works only if u have trap on bars, this is stupid, make macro to save space and u still need put all traps on bars what is point of this macro <_< ?

Tynth you should create a post for your directions! It needs to be stickied, etc.

Worked wonders for me, Thanks!

I spent 5-6 hours with trap launcher, couldn't figure it out on beta either so I just gave up and put TL & Freezing Trap (Shares cooldown with Ice Trap or w/e names. So you can keep track of cool down with one icon) and have them with hidden binds that are affected by alt mods.
    ^-- Terrible example. (MB)Mouse button 1 = TL, MB alt+1 = Freezing Trap, MB 2 = Ice Trap, MB alt+2 = Explosive trap. 3 Traps + TL on 4 buttons. And its honestly more convenient than managing 3 alt modifiers regardless of who you are.