Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Icc not worth it any more?

I have noticed that after the new patch, and after the announcement that Cataclysm will be out Dec-07-2010, that many people do not want to raid icc.

When I ask why, they just say that Cata will be out soon, and that the Quest rewards (gear) from cata will be so much better than anything that u can find in icc, I just wonder if that is true, coz after what i can see, then the items from icc (T10+) will be useful in the first area + the first dungeon.
    Or am I missing something?

Deleted
    People are lazy.
    People think gear is the best part of raiding.
    People like sitting in Dala.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ure right.icc is toooooooootally boring and nothing more to gain so QQ pve i will pvp/have fun til 1 november til my gamecard expires then take a break from this shitty expansion

Deleted
    People don't want to keep doing an instance that's been out for nigh on 11 months.

We dumped the 25 men raids. Now we farm icc 10 for the achievement mounts.

which you should have already, but hey, pregrats on getting some nice 280 drakes

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    which you should have already, but hey, pregrats on getting some nice 280 drakes
    Tell me about it. Our guildmaster doesn't really care about the mounts so we never focused on getting them. So stupid that we are doing it NOW!

15+ Year Old Account
    PVE is pointless when
    - the upgrades you get will not be used for anything but maybe a part of the leveling process
    - kills don't matter anymore, as anyone who wanted has already farmed it to death

15+ Year Old Account
    It's more of a question are you having fun while raiding with your guild? Shouldn't really matter what you are raiding since no one is forcing you to raid Icecrown Citadel over the other raid dungeons that exists ingame. If you aren't having fun you don't have to do it.

It doesn't matter if your wearing 232 badge gear or 277 heroic icc 25 gear, chances are you will have most of it replaced by 82-83.

ICC gear may give you a small boost between 80-83, but by the time you are 84 or 85 everyone will be on level ground again.

15+ Year Old Account
    After having done ICC for almost a year I think I should be entitled to say "I'm sick of that place".

I could probably do most of the stuff in there with my eyes closed...

What seregon said, so sick of that place...it was fun up until 4 months ago...
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    People are lazy.
    Once you've killed something, it's about gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    People are lazy.
    Or they're just tired of farming ICC for how long now? And Cata's almost right around the corner.

By 83 you will have replaced pretty much everything. even your zomg epic 277 stuff.

the 83 2h hammer is FAR superior than Shadowmourne, which is the highest ilvl item in the game currently.

So really, it's pointless. I know people doing ICC on their alts and what not so they can speed up the leveling process a little bit, but you'll replace all non 264 pieces by 81, the rest by 83.

So the short term advantage for a lot of people just isn't worth it

Deleted
    I just enjoy raiding, not just for loot, just for the fun.

so not worth anymore?

that totally depends, on why ur raiding in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Loux View Post
    that totally depends, on why ur raiding in first place.
    Which, for most people, is prestidigitation

I want my Invincible mount, so Ill keep doing it till its my turn (luck) to get it... and will be doing icc till cata patch.

People from my cata group are slowly coming back to the game, so while we wait we farm the 10man drake and might try to get BotFK for fun. Gear doesn't matter at all anymore.

i haven't wanted to raid or do heroics in a long time. way before all this was announced. 5 to 6 months of the same content is dumb, always has been ever since bc.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8