From the guide:
    "2.5 Reforging
    Any items with both mastery rating and crit rating should NOT be reforged; they are perfect for feral dps already!"

I was playing around with Rawr this weekend. I have some items with both mastery and crit, and it was telling me I could get 10 to 20 more dps by reforging their hit to haste. Rawr was saying at my gear level that crit and haste were very close, in fact they were flip flopping as to which was better as I swapped pieces in and out.

Don't know how accurate kitty Rawr is at this point. Strangely it works great on one of my computers. But, on the other one all the gear I am wearing comes in, but none of the other gear does.

uncertain about my dps

Hey guys ive been reading every post on here and spending hours hitting the boss dummy back in SW for hours now, trying to get my dps as high as i possibly can but it seems a bit low for my gear, i can sustain about 11,500 to 12,000 dps and burst up to 12,500 to 13k dps (thats only self buffed nothing else) heres my armory tell if im wrong but im pretty sure i could pull more, can anyone give me tips? ( seems like i cant link my armory but u can look me up Maiwenn - smolderthorn thx for u time)

Deleted
    Rawr is not accurate atm

Hello got a question for the al mighty mihir is the epic pvp cat weapons an uppgrade from the blue 346 pve ones since the pvp give more agil and higher dps? and which off them would be the superior staff or polerarm?

thx for a answsome thread!

Deleted
    The 353 "bloodthirsty" epic pvp weapons are very slightly worse than the 346 blue pve weapons. the 359 "vicious" epic pvp weapons are a bit better. See http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...66:0.955:0.901

There's no difference in relevant stats between the Staff and the Pike, so pick whichever one looks best
    (only weapon speed is different, which doesn't do anything for us)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-12-27 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks going for the polerarm then

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 10:17 PM ----------

Hows Heroic Grace of the Herald vs the other trinkets in your guide? (see that y use it =p ) is it superior to key on the endless chamber and Left Eye of Rajh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Rawr is not accurate atm
    From a post by Astrylian on the Rawr forums:
    "Cat is working fine right now; it's totally reasonable for Haste and Crit to be of similar values at some gear levels."

Sounds like you guys disagree. I've been playing around with Rawr and it seems to do a pretty believeable job of ranking gear other than trinkets. And I gather from Astrylian's posts that the trinket strangeness is more of an item cache issue than a Rawr issue that can be fixed by manually setting an item's stats.

-- edit --

source: http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/View...hreadId=239696
    Last edited by medloh; 2010-12-29 at 12:15 AM.

Deleted
    Still Rawr is not a simulator and instead uses some smart algorithms to try and determine how much abilities are used compared to others (like Mew-formulation), while Mew-simulator and SimulationCraft go through the actual rotation we use. So rawr/mew-formulation will be faster, but mew-simulator and simulationcraft will be more accurate.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-12-29 at 09:22 AM.

Quick question.
    I'm generally a very solid cat, doing good dps for my gear level.

But, there is one time where I'm not quite sure what button to press. Just after a 5cp SR, sometimes i get lucky with shred crits and get to 5cps again really quickly, with a full SR up and around 10s left on rip. The guide says, unless i read it incorrectly, go ahead and use FB (i'm guessing the guide assumes I'll have 5cps before the rip expires).
    Sometimes though, I do this and my rip expires before I get to another 5 cps, especially if I miss a few shreds (due to not gemming/reforging for hit/exp since they are rather smelly stats).
    So in this case, is it still a dps gain to use FB, considering there will be a few seconds without a rip on the target?
    I'm often tempted to wait until rip hits 2s, especially if I have low energy and so won't waste any regen.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: forgot to add, awesome guide!
    Last edited by vermosman; 2010-12-29 at 12:14 PM.

I'm also tempted in that situation to bite then run a couple steps and feral charge back, just to pick up the extra filler free combo points from a ravage to build back to 5 quickly.

Just wondering, but does the combat log track the skull bash interrupt properly? because my meters never ever show any interrupts I make with Skull Bash(cat form)

I checked my combat log, and compared interrupting a spell on my mage with interrupting one on my druid(my mage's interrupt is on top, my druid's is on the bottom). The mage interrupt specifically states that it interrupted the spell, but skull bash doesnt.

Edit: grammar is hard!

Deleted
    Doesn't look like it is, no

Just did a quick interrupt check of my guild's halfus heroic kill, im sure i interrupted tons of shadow novas but WoL says i did 0 interrupts :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I've also noticed never having any interupts registered on recount, even though I swear I've done like 10 on some encounters.

Doesn't look like it is, no

Just did a quick interrupt check of my guild's halfus heroic kill, im sure i interrupted tons of shadow novas but WoL says i did 0 interrupts :P
    Yeah ever since it was implemented it doesn't show up on recount or WoL.

I was the only interrupter on my pillar last night through our 32 wipes and one kill and had 0 interrupts. Blast novas just got healed through I guess .

Dear Mihir,

I visited you once on ur realm to say hi but want to thank you again for this awesome guide. I hope raiding on your end goes good
    Anyways i decided to make an account and post here regarding your gem paragraph because I am not sure if all readers here also keep an eye out on the Elitist Jerks forum and you seem pretty busy seeing as not everything is entirely up to date. So i decided to help out a bit.
    (Can't post links because this is my first post.)
    2.4 Gems
    At the moment, the requirements of all +3% crit damage meta gems are bugged, requiring more blue than red gems. This would mean that you can't gem for any pure agility, and have to socket 1xSensei's Dream Emerald, and Glinting Demonseye in all other sockets. This is not recommended, as you lose a lot of agility which is by far our best stat.
    At Elitist Jerks forum calculations have shown that the WoTLK Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (R.E.D. from now on) can be a DPS boost even with the harsh requirements but this is not always the case it has everything to do with gem slot colors and the amount of slots. Seeing as there aren't any gem slots in necks, cloaks, rings etc. yet, it can still be viable.

For example I have 3 red slots, 3 blue slots, 2 yellow slots and 1 prismatics slot(slacking on belt buckle :x). That means I need to put a +20 agi/+20 hit gem in all red and blue sockets because it is a purple gem it counts as both red and blue. So it aquals 6 red 6 blue. I fill the 2 yellow slots with +20 mastery and +20 hit wich is green and counts as a blue gem so we get 6 red 8 blue. As last I just put a red gem in the prismatic socket wich brings my total to 7 red gems and 8 blue gems thus have the requirements for R.E.D. Now for every item you have to switch a gem in you have to calculate the DPS loss using the relative values. For my gloves with blue socket and +10 agil bonus I would normally use a + 40 agil gem but I need to make that a +20 agil/+20 hit.

Using these numbers from Mihir's post as example. (Finding out your own relative stat values is best)

Agility 3.31
    Mastery 1.47
    Crit rating 1.04
    Hit rating 0.96
    Exp rating 0.96
    Haste rating 0.90

Gloves with just the red gem: 40 agility×3.31=132.4
    Gloves with blue gem: 30 agility×3.31+20 hit×0.96=118.5
    So the difference is approximitly 14

Do this for every piece of gear and add up the differences. If the total of differences > 318 don't take the R.E.D.
    If it is less the R.E.D. is better. This way of gemming could mean that you might need to regem everything if you win a piece of loot wich changes the socket layout. So for most people it is not worth the effort but I still wanted to share it with you guys. Credits go to this post at Elitist Jerks elitistjerks.com/f73/t110352-feral_cat_cataclysm_release/p3/#post1826168
    Since agility is so much ahead of other stats you'll want to be gemming as much of it as possible, using Delicate Inferno Ruby. It's so far ahead that the only socket bonus worth going for is +30 agi; anything else you can safely ignore.
    This should be 20 agility obviously except if you are a JC and you don't have enough red sockets for your JC specials.
    Until this bug is fixed, it's recommended to go with the Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond instead, which requires 2 yellow gems. You can meet this by using 2xAdept Ember Topaz gems.
    Depending on your gear and the socketbonusses of the yellow sockets and your own relative stat values the Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond (+54 Crit and 1% spell reflect) might be a better choice since it only needs 2 red gems and you can gem full out agi if needed.

Thanks for the great guide

10+ Year Old Account
    He's working on an updated guide now =]

You have hand enchant set as 50strength, i assume a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    You have hand enchant set as 50strength, i assume a bug.
    Nope, 50 strength is the best hand enchant for feral dps.