Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Ret PvP performance

So my guy has a mix of wrathful and relentless gear. I have heroic Bryntoll. (just to let you know what type of gear i have)

And um... I'm still getting destroyed in PVP. I'm not putting out enough damage. I make sure to be responsive to my proccs. I make sure to use my CD'S. I just... can't mitigate damage. Divine protection isn't enough. I'm cc locked and can't do much against well... anyone. And I can't seem to pump out enough damage to anyone else. Plate does absolutely nothing against casters.

I went from before where i was doing AMAZING, to 4.0.1 where i'm... just useless. What am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2010-10-16 at 06:57 PM.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

10+ Year Old Account
    i too have been facing problems with my paladin; ive come to the conclusion that maybe numbers arent done yet??
    i dunno, we'll see next patch

Deleted
    Damage is fine.
    We got insta-win Avenging Wrath - > Hammer of Wrath, in which some cases is sufficient enough to outdps a healer.

I am pretty happy we have an interrupt, and our heals aint that bad either. WoG can do wonders. Just spec correctly and Have fun ^^ - At least I do tbh.(Running in full rele + norm Bryntroll)

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem the spec has is the overabundance of RNG that we simply cannot control, & the fact that they are noticing that at 85 we are even starting to have our old problem of adverse scaling. (for those that do not know what this is is the fact that our damage & defensive potential actually goes down as both we & our enemies get better gear wise)

It also gets worse at lvl 85 as our self heals fall behind many other classes even so the so called pure classes. This is due to the fact that the self heals that warriors, death knights, rouges & MM hunters have scale directly off of maximum health not sp or ap as ours do & the fact that they do not have to sacrifice nearly as much if any dps like we do, meaning that they can keep theirs up much easier.

This means by the time we reach 85 we really only bring 3 useful things that no one else does & those are Hand of salvation, hand of protection, & hand of sacrifice all of which can easily be dispelled by any mage, hunter, shaman, priest, felhunter, or prot warrior with a brain cell & a free GCD.

This of course begs the question, why bring the ret paladin when any pure class can provide more consistent pressure & dps while at the same time provide self survivability without having to sacrifice those things Or why not bring the healer who can provide the defensive utility & healing we could just several time better & without having to rely on reaching melee to build up resources which we have a real problem doing.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I watched arms warriors beating rets in duels all day. Oh how the tables have turned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    I watched arms warriors beating rets in duels all day. Oh how the tables have turned.
    Pop wings, HoW spam, problem solved.

once we get lvl 81, get the 30% holy damage buff, popping wings for 50% increased damage and throwing 30k hammer of wrath on ppl while they're stunne ppl will cry and we'll get nerfed...*sigh* problem is this; casters are overpowered due to scaling on spells and abilities now. Damage for casters is attuned for 60k hp pools, and even some classes have too much damage for that.
    wait for cataclysm where plate users will have around 100k hp in full pvp gear and we'll get some fairness and glory back.

for now just use avenging wrath and spam hammer of wrath while you stun them. dont ever rush anyone without it. :P

I dont know... I'm tempted to pvp less on my paladin and play my boomkin more. Two button pvp ftw (I know, the elite use 3... and 4 if you get hit possibly)

Ret has definitely got alot more complicated, and I find that in PVE it works fine for me, but I'm having trouble juggling what I need to against classes that are 3 - 4 button PVPers currently.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 07:19 PM ----------

That said, I spank it when I actually get to use hammer. So thats what kill shot feels like

Deleted
    gogo pret its op as fuck atm

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

my vid

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    I could easily defeat most retri paladins on my warrior before patch, unless their old bubble rage starved me

Usually burned em down so they bubbled and thought they could take me down when I had perhaps 50% left... Shattering throw + Intimidating shout(when they're casting holy light), they never see it coming
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    gogo pret its op as fuck atm

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

my vid
    that link doesnt work

Deleted
    I kinda miss the magic dispell, but the interrupt, masteryproc and long hand of the law is kinda neat;
    The overall burst in bgs is too high but ret still has his potential to rule the bg (at least in those I played)

Divine Protection

dispel immune

make it so

Dispel immunity period. that's what ret needs, every fucking time I fought a caster all my buffs were gone within the first 3 seconds and then my cooldowns got stolen even faster

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    I kinda miss the magic dispell, but the interrupt, masteryproc and long hand of the law is kinda neat;
    The overall burst in bgs is too high but ret still has his potential to rule the bg (at least in those I played)
    long arm isn't enough, it should be around 70% imo..

We basically have a nerfed sprint (50% nerf to be exact) on a 8 sec. CD

Edit: on top of that, frost armor from mages procs off judgement /sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmorte View Post
    that link doesnt work
    try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzADTaI7wpw

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    I have to be honest, you're terrible =|

You didn't use your stuns nearly often enough and you wasted SOOO much HoPo. Also- currently HoR is hitting harder than CS with glyph & 2pc T10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I have to be honest, you're terrible =|

You didn't use your stuns nearly often enough and you wasted SOOO much HoPo. Also- currently HoR is hitting harder than CS with glyph & 2pc T10
    stuns i use to get some health and its not like in bgs people dont die out of stuns and its not wasted holy power cuz i got a talent which gives me a bonus and i dont pve so 2pc t10 is sorta out the equation

You were using the shoulders, obviously not out of the question.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 07:00 PM ----------

and what talent "gives you a bonus" you can only have 3 HP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    You were using the shoulders, obviously not out of the question.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 07:00 PM ----------

and what talent "gives you a bonus" you can only have 3 HP.
    those were from the start of icc and ret ones

i find pve completly boring

theres a talent tht gives u bonus 3.7k healing every time u heal so using on one holy power is viable
    Last edited by mmocfe1b16464d; 2010-10-18 at 11:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is prefectly viable. It's just not as noob friendly as it was before. We got more utility. Okey our damage isn't the best and really depends on cds/rng. But I prefer this over the old ret.

Best thing is that you see a huge diffrence between a bad ret now and a good one