View Poll Results: Based on this, who do you think the inifinite dragonflight's leader is?

Voters
172. This poll is closed
  • Deathwing

11 6.40%
  • Nozdormu

117 68.02%
  • Someone else, already known

15 8.72%
  • Other, unknown or new

29 16.86%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Pretty sure the infinite's will turn out to be another flight of Deathwings.
    No, you allready see in cot that its corrupted Bronze dragons - question is just who starts the corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    No, you allready see in cot that its corrupted Bronze dragons - question is just who starts the corruption.
    ...and we've already seen in BWL that Nefarion can corrupt other dragons, and turn them to Deathwing's will. And we already know that Nefarion is a boss in Cata. (his head being cut off was merely a setback...)

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Pretty sure the infinite's will turn out to be another flight of Deathwings.
    It'll be like this:
    Nether Dragons (Black/Blue-ish sort of)
    Twilight Dragons (Black/Red)
    Infinite Dragons (Black/Bronze)
    And finally "corrupted" green dragons, which are likely to play a big part in a future expansion in a year or two (emerald dream etc)

As for Nozdormu, he can time travel, so he'll probably just show up sooner or later, possibly on the fight where we finally kill Deathwing, like "oh hi guys! i see you're trying to kill deathwing! want some help with that?" Nozdormu casts time-lapse on Deathwing, paralyzing him, and then helps you finish Deathwing off. Kinda like how the end of the LK fight goes.

(What, you didn't think they'd allow us mere mortals kill a major lore character like Deathwing on our own, did you?)

Nether Dragons arent Corrupted Blue dragons. Theyre Black Dragons that were on Draenor when it exploded and got infused with energies from the Twisting Nether.

And Chromie doesnt change the timeline. She sends you back to make sure the Infinites dont change it.

Maybe Nozdormu IS the leader, BUT he does it all KNOWING you'll fix everything he changes in order to bring your attention to something else worse later on. Like Q did with the Borg on Star Trek. (yes I am a dork.)
    Last edited by balgus82; 2010-10-17 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, after the whole dark side/genn argument, I realized I need to keep a closer eye on my threads... Anywho, thanks again Dark Side and thanks everyone for your posts and votes.
    Morals were studied and taught in Europe for hundreds of years. Moral classes aren't required anymore. Proof that this was a bad decision is all over the WoW forums.
    A noob is a person who has difficulty when it comes to learning and with people. A noob either isn't willing to learn or isn't willing to give others a chance to learn. Think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    i would say Nozdormu, but the Infinate's attepted actions seem to favor the burning legion. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    ur right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ur right
    Lets keep in mind that the infinite had nothing to do with hyjal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Lets keep in mind that the infinite had nothing to do with hyjal
    yea they failed they went a few seconds after we downed archie

Salandria is definitely involved with the Infinite Flight.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nozdormu is the leader, perhaps at a point in the future, after the aspects have died, he decides to stop "preserving" the timeline, and decides to start making some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
    Maybe Nozdormu IS the leader, BUT he does it all KNOWING you'll fix everything he changes in order to bring your attention to something else worse later on. Like Q did with the Borg on Star Trek. (yes I am a dork.)

"The mortal races weren't strong enough for the evil I saw, at the end of my old existence. They hadn't progressed enough, weren't capable of defeating such immense power. They needed more... Another opposing force, to strengthen them through hardships. Meddling in the timeline destroyed much, killed many, and inevitably sped up my demise... But the force I created into this new timeline, our death, has given you power. Will it be enough? My curse... Ends... I don't... Know...."

Crafty Anti-Hero "Badguys" FTW!

Let's give voice here to a different theory, one I've had since the Infinite Dragonflight first showed up back in the Burning Crusade expansion.

To start with, let's get their origins out of the way: yes, they are corrupted bronze dragons. If the fact that they display identical powers isn't enough, the Infinite Corrupter's actions in Stratholme are a dead giveaway, as is the presence of Occulus the Corrupt in Cataclysm.

As to their leader being Nozdormu, I suspect that this is indeed the case... From a certain point of view. If the Infinite Dragonflight are corrupted bronze dragons (which they are), and if they originate at a point in the future (which seems very likely), then that means that all those dragons who will eventually become part of the Infinite Dragonflight are currently bronze dragons. And as bronze dragons, they are led by Nozdormu. So when the hourglass in the Bronze Dragonshrine reveals their leader and Nozdormu appears, it is simply showing the truth of the matter at the present time. In other words, it's a massive red herring by Blizzard designed to trick us into thinking Nozdormu will turn evil somehow. Aman'thul granted him vision of his own death to humble him; Nozdormu knows exactly when and how he will die, and he is smart enough, wise enough, and experienced enough to know that such a thing cannot be stopped, and any attempt to do so would likely drive him inexorably to that very moment. The Timeless One has refused to intervene in multiple events because of fate. He did not stop Deathwing from taking a portion of his power into the Demon Soul. He did not stop Deathwing from betraying them in the War of the Ancients. He talked Rhonin and Krasus OUT of warning others of the horrors that were to come, because he knew that timeline must take its course. He knows he cannot defy time, and it is ludicrous to assume he would try.

There are also some who claim that the Infinite Dragonflight is actually benevolent, and seeks simply to alter time to stop certain terrible events from occurring. After all, Chrono Lord Deja says in the Black Morass, "Just think of how many lives could be saved if the portal is never opened, if the resulting wars could be erased..." However, make no mistake: this is a lie. It is an attempt to trick the heroes into believing that the Infinite Dragonflight is doing good, and not an honest plea to see reason.

Besides which, if the Infinite Dragonflight are corrupted bronze dragons, and share all of their other powers (time travel and sand breath, for example), it stands to reason that they also share the Bronze Dragonflight's ability to see through time and to the consequences of changes in the timeline. The bronze dragons you talk to are quite clear that no matter how terrible the events are that the Infinite Dragonflight is trying to prevent, the alternative would be even worse. Let us recall the original question: who are the true masters of the Infinite Dragonflight? It is in the examination of the consequences of their actions that we will discover the answer.

First, the Infinite Dragonflight inserted their agents into Hillsbrad in an attempt to stop Thrall's escape from Durnholde Keep. They first tried subtlety, though resorted to direct intervention when that failed. It is quite clear that they are determined to prevent Thrall's escape. The Epoch Hunter says, "Your future, Thrall, must not come to pass..." Thrall's future, of course, is to rebuild the Horde. Now what would happen if that never happened? The orcs would never be freed from their camps, and Thrall would never lead them to Kalimdor. Such a small act, and yet with such far-reaching consequences. It was the Warsong Clan's deforestation of Ashenvale that first alerted the night elves to the renewed threat of the Burning Legion, well before they came to Kalimdor in force. In addition, the Horde forces played a major part in the Battle of Mount Hyjal. At Stonetalon Peak Medivh told Thrall and Jaina that unless they joined forces they would not survive the might of the Burning Legion. And so, following the timeline down its inevitable path, we clearly see that if Thrall did not escape the Burning Legion would have achieved victory at Mount Hyjal, and with the power of the Well of Eternity the Burning Legion would have decimated all Azeroth.

When we foiled their plans in Hillsbrad, they turned instead to when Medivh opened the Dark Portal, seeking to slay him before he could complete the ritual. One might point out here that Medivh, being possessed by Sargeras, is actually serving the Burning Legion by opening the portal in the first place and that killing him would only foil their plans. And, in some sense, this is correct. However, it is important to remember that Sargeras's plan failed. The orcs were not only defeated, but ultimately became a crucial part of the forces opposing the Burning Legion during the Third War. And in this instance, we don't even have to examine the consequences to the timeline ourselves: the Bronze Dragonflight does it for us. When you turn in the quest The Black Morass, Sa'at is quite clear on this: "Indeed, if the orcs never make it to Azeroth, the Alliance will never form. Eventually civil war will break out, further weakening the human kingdoms. Ultimately the Burning Legion will invade Azeroth, destroying it in the absence of any defenders." If the Dark Portal is never opened, the Burning Legion wins.

Though the Infinite Dragonflight does not appear at the Battle of Mount Hyjal, the Bronze Dragonflight heavily implies that they have a hand in altering the timeline there, and it is obvious what would have happened there if the defenders failed.

Finally, we come to the Culling of Stratholme. On the surface, it would seem that stopping Arthas from slaughtering the citizens might be a good thing. If he simply passed on by, he would never have met Mal'ganis, never been lured to Northrend, and never claimed Frostmourne, and Azeroth would have been spared one of its worst villains. And yet, this is a fallacy. It can be argued, endlessly, whether Arthas's actions that day were justified, necessary, or warranted; or even if they were good or evil. In the end, it does not matter: what happened in Stratholme had incredibly far-reaching implications. It is true that they led to Arthas taking up Frostmourne and leading the Scourge in the destruction of both Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas, and that it was by his actions that Kel'Thuzad was resurrected and brought forth the Legion to Azeroth. But it would be a terrible mistake to presume that without Kel'Thuzad the Legion would never have come. As stated earlier, the Burning Legion would eventually have found a way in. Indeed, they very nearly did by the actions of Kael'thas Sunstrider. Sooner or later, with or without Arthas and Kel'Thuzad, the Burning Legion would have come. One may think that makes the events of Stratholme irrelevant, but that would be incorrect. What most people forget is that the Lich King, despite being created by the Burning Legion, and despite being the tool that brought them to Azeroth, DESPISES them. Once the Burning Legion arrived, the Lich King and Arthas immediately began working against them. In Ashenvale, Arthas comes to Illidan and tells him of the Skull of Gul'dan. Illidan absorbs the powers of the skull and not only deals a crushing blow to the Legion's foothold there, but then proceeds to kill Tichondrius, arguably the second in command of the entire invasion after Mannoroth's death. In short, if Arthas had not become a death knight and the Burning Legion had been forced to find another entry into Azeroth, it's likely that they would not have had a traitor in their midst to tip the scales in the favor of their enemies.

Out of all of this, a very clear and obvious pattern emerges: when the Infinite Dragonflight wins, so does the Burning Legion. Thus it can be concluded that the Infinite Dragonflight is in fact a part of the Burning Legion. Indeed, their general goals are quite similar: chaos. The destruction of order. In the Black Morass, Aeonus yells, "The time has come to shatter this clockwork universe forever!" Nowhere else are the intentions of the Infinite Dragonflight stated so clearly, so precisely, so succinctly as this. In destroying the timeline of Azeroth they will plunge it into chaos, and the Burning Legion will triumph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jusy a small thought I had while reading DarkTZeratuls' post. The infinite Corrupter in CoS is corrupting a bronze drake. Corrupting... Bronze drakes dont have the ability to turn other dragons to their cause like that, right? What i mean by this is, if we say Nozdormu is the leader of the flight, which he could be. why does he need to 'corrupt' bronze drakes? Why corruption? does Nozzy know how to? Where did he learn how to do that? It cant be as easy as 'he created another flight', look at all the trouble Deathwing has had creating new flights. If Noz has the capability to have infinite time in which to perfect a flight, why would he need to corrupt bronze drakes further? Infinite time, or the ability to travel through time, should be enough to create infinite (or endless compared to Azeroths population) numbers for an army. Or, is it possible (and this is really stretching believeability for me) that the reason the infinite flight attacked those moments that seemed so important all a ploy so that the Infinites could create more numbers? Players do say to Cromie in CoS 'We both know what happens in this timeline, weve been here before'. Could Blizz be banking the Infinite flight on the fact that players have played the instances thousands and thousands of times?
    Wouldnt that be just awesome in terms of player involvement in the story
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

I'm not convinced Noz is the leader. The Aspects got their powers from the Titans. And who was the most powerful Titan? Sargeras, so it makes sense that he is corrupting bronze dragons so that he can change timelines to help the Legion win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it is pretty obvious (to me at least) that the Bronze dragonflight are being corrupted into infinites. Take a look at this:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Occulus
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Old God View Post
    , nether dragonflight (sinestra)
    if i dont remember all to wrong the netherdragonflight where "made" out of accident, black dragon eggs left on draenor where infused with nether essence "floating in from the twisting nether" (some shit like that)

Deleted
    It could also be argued that, while the actions of the Infinite Dragonflight have far-reaching and possible disastrous concequences, they ARE trying to do what they seem as 'good' in their opinions.

Just taking the 'clockwork universe' part of it all as an example.
    The timeline has its set events, Nozdormu knows them all and by extention I suppose the Bronze Dragonflight at large knows what must happen and they all work to preserve this one, idealised timeline. Effectively this also removes all truth behind freedom of choice.
    When the Infinite flight breaks into a key point in the timeline; the opening of the portal, the last straw that broke Arthas' camels back, etc, everthing that follows is no longer set in stone. The actions of the mortal races, whatever they do or don't, really matters then.

Whatever nefarious reasons there may or may not be playing as well, the Infinites could think they are trying to actually restore the power of making their own future to the mortal races, rather than having them live in the carved-out path the Bronze Dragonflight has seen and is maintaining.

Just my thoughts to shake it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lumaria View Post
    i pray its not nozdormu, im getting sick of this corruption shit that blizzerd (and knaack) keep pulling out there arsses
    Well yes.
    And no.

Dramatically, this story was old a long time ago. It's all about "Yeah, there is this good guy, and then he gets evil and then he gets beaten the shit out of him for loot. Oh my god this is the greatest story I've ever heard in my lifetime" and so on. Seems like blizzard never had another archtype of story.

But when you think about it a little further, it makes sense:
    From the beginning of the history of azeroth, the fate of the planet and the fate of it's inhabitants was connected to the old goods, dwelling in the dark places of the planet. The old gods always had a part in everything. The civilisations, the dragon aspects, even the titans themselfs were constantly struggling against the influence and the powers of the old gods. The old ones are simply the greatest foes ever faced on azeroth and their network of intrigues reaches through millennia.
    So
    Wether it's boring or just well-thought and consistent is your decision.
    And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!