Deleted

Your Endgame Views

Hey folks

I am speaking here completely of endgame content and heroics. Being part of a 10man guild myself im just going to give you my views as a Surv hunter, and maybe you can give me yours also *Endgame Only please*

Ive heard some hunters to claim there DPS has been better or the same since the patch, i think this only speaks for the majority who are pre 80, newly dinged, or not yet full tier / skilled to know the difference.

So here comes my SV Views. I'm going to tell you my gear level roughly, And base the DPS around the Heroic 10man Festergut encounter.

Gear Level: Item level 264 and above. Heroic Njorn *considerng the stakethrower since its stat change* 4piece 264 tier, 264 Serpent Helm, DW, Heroic gunship cloak / Bracer, Festergut 264 Belt and the rest as you would expect. *Distant Land, Wodins, and so on*

Pre Patch DPS *Heroic Festergut 10 avoiding all goo's*

Above 80% = 15k dps
    80% to 20% = Evening out at 13k
    20% and lower = Creaping back up to 14k

Now i like the new focus system, and Rapid fire benfits SV more than it did before but having to refresh serpent *which isnt always possible* sucks the life out of our focus and thus these are the results.

Above 80% = 15kdps
    80% to 20% = Dropping right down to 10k
    20% and lower = Stays at around 10k

To me, Killshot just isnt as powerful as it was to bring the DPS back up after 20%, also the fact that the rotation just isnt working very well, really hurts be during 80 to 20% and thus i am unable to maintain a steady flow of damage.

Now i saw some other classes quite capable of Hitting the numbers, and staying there. so i logged my DK and had a little play.

DK has no tier, 5.8kGS built up of general 10 and 25man junk *but does include DW*

DK DPS Pre Patch = 9.5k to 10k
    DK DPS After Patch = 13.5 to 14k holding steady throughout the encounter.

Just wrote this post to have a little nerd rage and also to get other good SV hunter's opinions on what is going on, and i am fully aware when we hit 81, cobra shot is going to free up alot of focus for us however, untill then i cant help but feel my hunter i have played for almost 6 years has been, well.... Shagged for the time being atleast. Kill shot, and the Kill shot glyph is a joke, Explosive shot is a complete joke and Serpent sting is something to laugh about *yes thanks blizz for giving us back the serpent sting we loved with our tier 9 sets, but ffs are you going to let us use it?*

Just to add guys, i measure all DPS / Damage as Damage Done, which tells us weather the DPS we are doing is holding up or not. DPS is no measure of the actual damage you have achieved for the fight.

anyway cheers look forward to hearing some opinions from other endgamer Surv lovers
    Last edited by mmoce329e99070; 2010-10-17 at 12:21 PM.