Hot streak and pyro

Has anyone noticed in the patch 4.0.1 on live that "Hot Streak" does not get proc'ed by the instant pyroblast, though the talent does not have anything specific saying that a hot streaked pyroblast will not affect your 2 non-periodical crits in a row. Just wanted to know if I was seeing things or not and if you know if this is what is intended or is it a bug.

yep it has been noted and no one knows if it is a bug or not. most people think that it is not a bug so that you can't keep getting instant pyro crits and just keep spamming them.

They did say Pyroblast! was intended to be able to proc hot streak

the pyro is buggy as hell atm :/

its the ! in the name thats fucking it up if blizzard took out the ! it would proc hot streak

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    its the ! in the name thats fucking it up if blizzard took out the ! it would proc hot streak
    I agree with this assessment. Replace "!" with "." to make it less menacing and then it will surely proc hot streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by ixred View Post
    Has anyone noticed in the patch 4.0.1 on live that "Hot Streak" does not get proc'ed by the instant pyroblast, though the talent does not have anything specific saying that a hot streaked pyroblast will not affect your 2 non-periodical crits in a row. Just wanted to know if I was seeing things or not and if you know if this is what is intended or is it a bug.
    it's bugged, and i like how living bombs just magically vanish on mobs now...in b4 lol3mobs only. no, it's single target and just vanishes.

Also can't cast pyroblast while moving again sometimes, this whole spell que'ing bug is the piece of S from blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    Also can't cast pyroblast while moving again sometimes, this whole spell que'ing bug is the piece of S from blizzard.
    You are probably using a Pyroblast macro. Replace "Pyroblast" with "Pyroblast!" in your macros
    The change is that you won't be able to use pyroblast unless its the proc'd version, but you will be able to ghostcast it just fine and cast it on the move.
    I have a macro that has it cast pyroblast! and pyroblast on shift for pulls

Impact procs seem to either consume or spread other mages Living Bombs. I and our other fire mage noticed it on HLK the other night, and once we stopped using the Impact procs in p1, our Living Bombs stopped magically disappearing.

Also I refuse to use Pyroblast! until the not-counting-towards-HS bug is fixed, I'm perfectly happy to stop for a fraction of a second to cast regular ol' Pyroblast.
    Last edited by Zulkir; 2010-10-19 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Double post by accident ftl.