Thread: We Need a Buff

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I'm able to do any dps whatsoever, is that I have a bugged HM stakethrower, which has more DPS than HM Zod's. No reason that they can't buff hunter DPS at 80, because the math required for us to suck now, and magically be on par at 85 just isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    This should show average for all classes on all ICC fights, reg and heroic. Hunter's are in the bottom 5 for most fights.
    Hey, we sneak into the top 5, barely, on heroic Sindragosa an Professor - the fights where we used to own souls because of the fight mechanics.

Edit - Not only that, but our toolbox of raid-buff pets doesn't work properly. For example, Ravage (the ravager physical damage debuff) seems to work on everything except raid bosses. Gee, thanks, Blizzard. It's way important to have that extra 4% physical damage on trash.
    Last edited by Kurgosh; 2010-10-18 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    your accuisng me of talking bullshit, but you aren't anny better, my 'magical step' is that blizzard will change how spells scale, the base numbers and such, it's still all under construction, so you can yell 'we know it all from beta!!!'
    No one is saying Hunters should be magically be lifted up to be overpowered here. I think the one nerdraging is you. We just had a massive overhaul of how the hunterclass works. Some people, including myself, think that they have made some mistakes and are discussing what we think is wrong. I didn't see much nerdraging here, well at least not until you felt attacked by that poster that asked for how you would solve the problem that is.

If it is just a scaling problem that is easy, but some of us feels that it's not only that here. I think a lot of the changes are good, and that they got some of the stuff right. The way we play hunters now is not one of them in my opinion.

So, there is a difference in just mindlessly whining and actually discussing what some hunters feel is wrong. Most people in this thread was voicing concerns, other disagree.

Also since you seem to be a wiz in regards off spellscaling, would you please explain to me how Blizzard does this exactly, because I am afraid even though I have a degree in math and when I am looking at the lvl 85 abilities I dont understand. I honestly dont how we will go from, in my opinion, not competetive to competetive the second we ding 85.

If it is just a question of coeffciants beeing wrong right now, then why wait until 85 ? It's not under "construction" it is live. The patch is out. If Blizzard is thinking; We will do this and we will do that, but not until most people are 85. Then they better tell us, you know their paying customers, that this is indeed the plan.

chill mate, spells will scale diffrent, i think you don't even understand how spell coefficents change, so your predtictions aren't rlly based around numbers.

example: an elemental shaman at lvl 60 will do way less damage then a warlock at lvl 60. why ? bacouse thier spells work diffrent, the numbers at that lvl are diffrent and blizzard will not work on getting that balanced.

just think of what happond when TBC or WOTLK where released, ppl react heavly to what happons to thier spells and damage, but all the numbers changed over the course of the expansions. ( and for those who are not around that long, yes, it's all the same complaining.
    This called poor designing and bad scaling, yet if casters scale better than us at lvl 80 with the new patch why should we jump to conclusion that we will be equal at lvl 85 ?! there is already reports in cata beta forums of rescpected hunters saying we aren't compared to the rest of pure dps at lvl 85, and beleive me I'll adapt and try to maximize my dps as much as I can but the future looks grim.

When I raise my voice saying there is something wrong with hunters and we need buff we actually giving them a feedback across all forums to look what is wrong with this class, but when half of community their awnser is "It's beta ffs","It's PTR dude chill out m8 everything will be fixed","This patch targeting lvl 85 so stfu" you are actually not helping you are trying to kill any voice raising desperately to say there is something wrong !

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindi View Post
    Not to mean to troll but... I heard yesterday in our raid that I was doing same amount of damage as our 3 hunters in the raid combained ^^

So I would think that hunters could use a buff... but

I wonder what happened to all your awesomeness of beta? 36k kill command crit and other insane shit like that?

Only 36k crits? Make it 53k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODLCxSu5QSk

One thing to note - it's not just us. It's all physical DPS classes. Warriors, rogues (they do a little better with Muti, but Combat is horrible), enhance, rets. Every one of them is suffering right now. With ArPen and the small armor debuff (old feral faerie fire) out of the game and sunder/new feral faerie fire being reduced in effectiveness (from 20% to 12% at max stacks), plus the 4% damage buff now being available only to two underpowered specs (frost dk and combat rogue - ours doesn't work), that's a huge combination of hits on physical dps classes.

I'm trying to figure out just how much of a damage hit it is, but I can't seem to make sense of the WoL parses. Anybody expert enough to read them and figure out how much damage we're losing to armor?

Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25 View Post
    No problem here, I'm almost doing the same amount of DPS I was doing before the patch. It only sucks on heavy movement fights. Sucks not having Fox yet.
    I'm sorta with this guy. My dps really isn't far off from what it was, some fights its better for brief periods like during hero where I can spam arcane shot even more since focus almost turns infinite. The thing is, compared to the top casters we're way behind. So if you liked being top of recount before its now humbling to sit somewhere in the middle to upper half if you are any good. At least bosses are definitely dying much faster than before.

The lack of fox is killer and makes kiting indefinitely almost impossible. That's one of those abilities that hunters should get at a younger age because kiting is something we need to learn to do from early on. Without fox, we are very limited there.
    Last edited by Lilcheeks; 2010-10-18 at 02:40 PM.

Now that you brought it up, i think rogues need a buff too, wink-wink

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MJM View Post
    No one is saying Hunters should be magically be lifted up to be overpowered here. I think the one nerdraging is you. We just had a massive overhaul of how the hunterclass works. Some people, including myself, think that they have made some mistakes and are discussing what we think is wrong. I didn't see much nerdraging here, well at least not until you felt attacked by that poster that asked for how you would solve the problem that is.

If it is just a scaling problem that is easy, but some of us feels that it's not only that here. I think a lot of the changes are good, and that they got some of the stuff right. The way we play hunters now is not one of them in my opinion.

So, there is a difference in just mindlessly whining and actually discussing what some hunters feel is wrong. Most people in this thread was voicing concerns, other disagree.

Also since you seem to be a wiz in regards off spellscaling, would you please explain to me how Blizzard does this exactly, because I am afraid even though I have a degree in math and when I am looking at the lvl 85 abilities I dont understand. I honestly dont how we will go from, in my opinion, not competetive to competetive the second we ding 85.

If it is just a question of coeffciants beeing wrong right now, then why wait until 85 ? It's not under "construction" it is live. The patch is out. If Blizzard is thinking; We will do this and we will do that, but not until most people are 85. Then they better tell us, you know their paying customers, that this is indeed the plan.
    first off, i'm not mad or raging, i just wanted to say that a lot of numbers that we seen in the beta from lvl 85 chars are going to change, (you where talking about the beta lvl 85 damage). also we just have to wait about a month and a half until cata hits, so in my opinion, why should blizzard balance it out for lvl 80's ? i never seen anny balancing for lower lvls, unless if it was out of control.
    so why work a lot on balancing for lvl80's if it's just for one month ?
    Also, i was maby a but harsh with my first reply, but if you rlly have a math degree, you should easly understand what blizzard is doing with spells coeffciants, so instead of me telling you (i don't have a mah degree, but i understand the most of what blizzard does with the spells i know), try to explain it completly to me, without copying it from EJ or something.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

i think we are in a darkage. i just can't imagine that ArS made 7~10K with cri,but CS cost double focus and do the same...

10+ Year Old Account
    Scaling and the adjustment of coefficients are two different things.

your not lvl 85, all numbers are going to be, or are already balanced around lvl 85 damage, deal with it.

jeez why are ppl so ignorant(and stupid) to just take the time to realize this
    First it was "Hey, its beta. Chillax!"
    Then it was "Hey, its patch launch day. Chill!"
    Then.. "Hey, its only 80. Chill!"
    After that it'll be "Hey, its just the first month of CC. Chill!"
    Then it'll be "Who cares, all the gear is going to get replaced in the next raid anyway."

Its a vicious cycle.
    Can't you see you're digging a deeper hole every time you say stuff like this? Pot, kettle, black really.

Seriously, this mentality of 'It'll be alright, just wait for it' is why we can't have nice things. Its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

I'm not sure if this means anything, but check out this log.
    Not one hunter.
    Time will tell, I guess.

From what I tried, hunter's MM and SV got nerfed quite bad, but BM spec is actually doing quite OK for dps, I managed 10k+ dps on keeper of frost when testing dps using BM, though the mechanics is a bit screwed and imbalanced, I did that with pure steady + arcane shot spam, ignoring serpent sting and kill command because they are both crap. Arcane shot turned out to be the most awesome skill for hunter...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor View Post
    First it was "Hey, its beta. Chillax!"
    Then it was "Hey, its patch launch day. Chill!"
    Then.. "Hey, its only 80. Chill!"
    After that it'll be "Hey, its just the first month of CC. Chill!"
    Then it'll be "Who cares, all the gear is going to get replaced in the next raid anyway."

Its a vicious cycle.
    Can't you see you're digging a deeper hole every time you say stuff like this? Pot, kettle, black really.

Seriously, this mentality of 'It'll be alright, just wait for it' is why we can't have nice things. Its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
    so complaining about something on a non offical forum is better then what i am say ? because what ever you say here, blizz will not read it.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Without blowing any cooldowns or having any buffs (besides trueshot and aspect on), I'm pulling 6.8k on a dummy, which is actually just a hair higher than it was pre-patch.

I honestly think you people that are complaining for a buff are just doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    Without blowing any cooldowns or having any buffs (besides trueshot and aspect on), I'm pulling 6.8k on a dummy, which is actually just a hair higher than it was pre-patch.

I honestly think you people that are complaining for a buff are just doing it wrong.
    Because dps on a dummy > Dps in a raid, right?

Our hunters were doing 18k on Saurfang this week, so I don't know what the issue is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Focke View Post
    Our hunters were doing 18k on Saurfang this week, so I don't know what the issue is.
    Were they target switching? If they were, I want to know what they were doing, because I only did 11k on Saurfang on 10.

It seems there are mixed views and results for hunter DPS, but like 70% are reporting that we're doin bad. I guess it justifies how we're just ignoring the other 30% who say we're fine, but I'm still on the "We're doin bad" side lol