Thread: Stampede bug?

Deleted

Stampede bug?

I notice this bug while i was playing around in cat form.

My normal ravage crits 2-2.5k depending on target's armor etc...

However after I use feral charge I can use ravage outside stealth, but that ravage only crits for 1200-1400 and YES it crits not hits, hits are like 600.

So is this intended because I'm not seeing it in the tooltip.

You can ravage outside of stealth for a couple of seconds. Its one of the new feral talents. But it's supposed to do a lot more damage, even more than a shred so that might be off.

What I've noticed is that my Ravage crits from stealth without Stampede effect for about 15k. But when I charge in with the Stampede its about 9k

Quote Originally Posted by VirtuousX View Post
    What I've noticed is that my Ravage crits from stealth without Stampede effect for about 15k. But when I charge in with the Stampede its about 9k

Mine do the same, tho i use my ravage with tigers fury giving it 15% more dmg, Works well tho at 1t it was really confuseing :P but im getting there.

15+ Year Old Account
    its a bug discussed in 3 other topics aswel, the stampede -> ravage is technicly a different ability it doesnt requires you tobe behind a mob either

but when blizzard hot fixed out dps they buffed normal stampede from 550% to 810% and forgot about the stempede ravage witch is probely stil at 550%

btw i am just pulling these numbers out of arshes so dont look at them
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    its a bug discussed in 3 other topics aswel, the stampede -> ravage is technicly a different ability it doesnt requires you tobe behind a mob either
    Since when? I've been playing with this ability since the patch was released and it hasn't allowed you to be anywhere but behind the target. Is there any evidence to support this claim?

I have been able to use the ability from the front after using feral charge on regular quest mobs which turns around right away. From the looks of it Ravage looses the requirement for a few seconds. I have experienced times when the buff is up and I have been unable to ravage from the front so I would guess that this is caused by issues with client-server communication, but I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherwolf View Post
    I have been able to use the ability from the front after using feral charge on regular quest mobs which turns around right away. From the looks of it Ravage looses the requirement for a few seconds. I have experienced times when the buff is up and I have been unable to ravage from the front so I would guess that this is caused by issues with client-server communication, but I'm not sure.
    This seems more likely over allowing the stampede effect to be used in the front of a mob. My client-server latency is under 50 and I have never got to pull off a Ravage after Feral Charge from the front.

Actually, I just did some experimenting in more detail. I have 60ms latency. I first tried charging a dummy and I was able to use Ravage from the front during the whole duration. Tried using Ravage with 1-2 seconds left of the buff with no problems.
    Went to the Satyrs beneath Dalaran and charged them and waited until the buff had 1-2 seconds left and I could still use Ravage from the front.
    I even tried using mangle before ravage and even then I could use Ravage from the front. So yes, Stampede does remove the "can only be used from behind" requirement as far as I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... I'll have to try it again tonight when I'm doing the Argent dailies (which is where I've been testing it the past few days). Every time when I charged them out of stealth, they turn immediately and the Ravage button flashed fast (letting you know it triggered Stampede) then goes immediately dark letting you know you don't meet the conditions for using it (not being behind).

Other than that, I never noticed a difference in damage when using it either stealthed or when Stampede triggered. But that's more likely because when I'm in a raid the scrolling combat text is a wall of numbers and I don't pay attention to it.

OK, a kitty in my guild worked this out earlier. Ravage was hotfixed to be 850% of dmg +something. Unfortunately, ravage and stampede ravage are different spells, and they only hotfixed ravage. Just look up ravage on wowhead, and check the spellids for both versions. You can see where they added stampede ravage, and that one was just overlooked in the hotfix.