15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Sweet, yea just found the post. Glad they stuck to the original casting.

Also, totally forgot how she keeps them chained to walk among the dead unnoticed.....bad ass!
    Spoiler but...click she lops their heads off pretty early on. Pretty much as soon as she gets in to the prison. I thought she would keep them around but no.. I'm only on issue 32 and she's not faring well at all... I hope she brings those tactics back as I read on

Deleted
    Something that happens in the comic but hasn't happened in the tv-series yet....Rick get's his hand cut off by the Governor, maybe they will weave in a story about how Merle will be responsible for the loss of Ricks hand. Since after all he was forced to cut his hand of due to being cuffed by him in the first season. An Eye for An Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoralin - Malygos View Post
    I know its different in many cases but it could explain some of the things that you asked about.

Read World War Z by Max Brooks great book BTW.

Took everyone by surprise in both cases.
    Cheers. I heard about that title. There is a movie or something coming out? I don't remember, but I heard about it somewhere.

Lets see if it's one of those sensible books. I love zombie movies/comics/shows/etc. But sometime they show really dumb stuff. Like the Rick thing I mentioned, he wasn't in coma for that long for the world to just die off like that. I mean, there are tons of artillery, army, control methods and NUKES, for humans to just loose the fight like that. After all we are one tough race and came over so many hurdles. Loosing to a bunch of weak, mindless zombies with so many OBVIOUS weaknesses just doesn't seem right to me. And there are quarantine zones etc. Specialized armor.

All in all if a zombie outbreak happens, humans should be able to keep it in control for at least a couple of years (I would say they can keep it under control for longer) even if everyone was infected like in Walking Dead.

And humans have an answer to 99% of illnesses. There should be every reason to believe the greatest minds in the world will come together to find a cure for something that will potentially end all visible life on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post

And humans have an answer to 99% of illnesses.
    No we don't.

We don't even have a cure for the flu yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    No we don't.

We don't even have a cure for the flu yet...
    Ummm? Do you really need a cure for flu? We are close on finding a cure for AIDS. Cancer has a cure even if it's an extremely painful one. There is progress made on brain damage reversal. Transplant available for all organs except brain.

What I'm trying to say is, there is a cure, even if it's painful, expensive, might fail a few times and even a little bit controversial, as appose to no cure at all. And a diseases that has infected every human on earth, will convert them into mindless cannibalizing drones will require immediate attention of everyone in the world, after all, the survival of the entire race and many other races is at stake here. Everything else can wait.

Lets get back to Walking Dead now before the forum police give me a warning.
    Last edited by Waterisbest; 2012-03-23 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Carl needs to die. God I hate him. That last episode had a nice culling, the trend must continue.

I effing love this show. I haven't had the chance to read the comics yet sadly. But man this just blows me away. Season 2 was slow at the start, but it was a good slow and when it picked up after the break it just forced you to hold onto your seat while you watched it. I'll miss D and S, they're banter was fun to watch and they were some of my fave characters on the show. I can't wait for S3 and the prison!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic-21 View Post
    Something that happens in the comic but hasn't happened in the tv-series yet....Rick get's his hand cut off by the Governor, maybe they will weave in a story about how Merle will be responsible for the loss of Ricks hand. Since after all he was forced to cut his hand of due to being cuffed by him in the first season. An Eye for An Eye.
    I doubt it will actually happen in the TV show. making a main character have the loss of a hand would look clunky on TV, not to mention be a real pain to have to digitally remove it. I guess we aren't going to see Dale lose both his feet, but maybe we'll see Carl get half his head taken off. he could easily wear his bandages or an eye patch. Still, that might be a bit dark for the TV series.

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Carl needs to die. God I hate him. That last episode had a nice culling, the trend must continue.
    If it holds somewhat true to the comic, lots will die at the prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I hope they don't steer away from the utter darkness in the comics, but I know they will have to tame some stuff down. Some of the stuff later on is really fucking dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious to see how far they can take this on AMC. They damned sure aren't afraid to push the envelope.

On a side note, I love how TV has evolved to give us some great new formats like AMC. Even if they do not know what to call it
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    So funny that everybody is ignoring Carol, even though she's so somewhat similar to Lori in terms of uselessness and manipulation, heck we can even see her trying to manipulate Daryl in the second season finale. Though I'm not saying she's a bad character or that she's annoying, I just find it odd that she's so ignored in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    So funny that everybody is ignoring Carol, even though she's so somewhat similar to Lori in terms of uselessness and manipulation, heck we can even see her trying to manipulate Daryl in the second season finale. Though I'm not saying she's a bad character or that she's annoying, I just find it odd that she's so ignored in general.
    I think that's partly due to the fact that she brings absolutely nothing to the table. She doesn't shoot, the only involvement she had in the story was when Sophia was lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    She could start filling the role of "voice of reason" like Dale was. She could also go nuts in the prison like in the comic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    She could start filling the role of "voice of reason" like Dale was. She could also go nuts in the prison like in the comic.
    It's possible, with Dale's actor leaving the show. They either need to have one of the existing characters serve a dual role in whatever purpose Dale's character was supposed to fufill in the future, or just introduce a new character all together to replace his role in the group.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's possible, with Dale's actor leaving the show. They either need to have one of the existing characters serve a dual role in whatever purpose Dale's character was supposed to fufill in the future, or just introduce a new character all together to replace his role in the group.
    Maybe Axel? That would be kinda cool! His character did have that vibe a little bit. Could also maybe go with Richards. There's no point making him a serial killer on the TV show because Hershel's two young daughters don't exist. There also aren't many expendable characters left either. That is if they're even going to introduce the 4 prisoners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    Just noticed on TV the ad for season finale of S02, and it got me a bit interested again. I watched the second season until like ep 5-6 IIRC, but then as it became to be just weeping over moron children running into woods to be eaten I just couldn't stand it anymore. After awesome first season and somewhat decent start of second, it was very sad to feel that carving my own eyeballs out with rusted spoon was more entertaining - so I stopped.

So my question in short; does the second season become watchable again (like the ad suggests, or maybe they just cut those few seconds of action into it?), and if yes, at what point?
    I agree most of season 2 was just plain soap opera, but the pace does pick back up again at the end of S2 and I must admit the finale was the best Walking Dead episode for a long time and I'm eagerly expecting beginning of S3.

Deleted
    I really hope Season 3 gets back on the action track. I was baffled when it took 30 minutes for a van to fall off a bridge in Inception... Didn't think I'd have to endure Daryl climbing a hill for 40 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking into this and can't decide if I want to get into it or not.

@Fans of the show, will someone that is only a fan of the better Romero zombie flicks get a lot out of this series?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I've been looking into this and can't decide if I want to get into it or not.

@Fans of the show, will someone that is only a fan of the better Romero zombie flicks get a lot out of this series?
    If you're a Romero fan you'll definitely get your fill here. The emphasis has been more on the storytelling aspect so it's not as fast paced as many modern zombie apocalypse adaptations. There is a giant emphasis on character development and story archs. The zombie appocalypse is the theme.. but it's not the total end all and be all of the series. Robert Kirkman in his brilliant writing has thread the needle between a horror scenario coupled with a real life drama for survival.

The naysayers of the series will QQ about lack of zombies and action. These people are confusing this series with the crap that they're used to. TWD is it's own animal that will evolve on its own. Season 2 was slow fo some.. re-watch it as a whole.. so damn much happens.. its fucking awesome. Season 3 will probably satisfy both camps. Introducing the prison, and if they intoduce those 4 characters will eat up a lot of drama, Michone will be huge too. she's going to be main cast unless they blow it and kill her off early.

I'm hopeful cosindering they left Shane around for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If you're a Romero fan you'll definitely get your fill here. The emphasis has been more on the storytelling aspect so it's not as fast paced as many modern zombie apocalypse adaptations. There is a giant emphasis on character development and story archs. The zombie appocalypse is the theme.. but it's not the total end all and be all of the series. Robert Kirkman in his brilliant writing has thread the needle between a horror scenario coupled with a real life drama for survival.

The naysayers of the series will QQ about lack of zombies and action. These people are confusing this series with the crap that they're used to. TWD is it's own animal that will evolve on its own. Season 2 was slow fo some.. re-watch it as a whole.. so damn much happens.. its fucking awesome. Season 3 will probably satisfy both camps. Introducing the prison, and if they intoduce those 4 characters will eat up a lot of drama, Michone will be huge too. she's going to be main cast unless they blow it and kill her off early.

I'm hopeful cosindering they left Shane around for so long.
    That's brilliant. I honestly couldn't care less about gratuitous action. Those types of zombie flicks are a nickel a dozen. Survival horror works best when it brings out the extremes of the characters. Naturally, I've always valued character development in the genre more than action romps. I'll check it out.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 10:26 PM ----------

Watched the pilot last night and immediately called my girlfriend and made her watch it. She liked it even though she hates the genre. So naturally, I'm loving it. It's good enough that I'm trying to pace myself!
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-05-03 at 10:27 PM.