The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What an episode...

What an episode...

I tell you guys season 4 so far is being a masterpiece in my opinion.
    I could not agree more - the character development and the wide-open way the plot is exploding leave room for so much more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    The feeling i got at the start of the episode was that one or both of the girls would die. That fact that Lizzie have been portrayed as a psychopath since mid of last season made it obvious to me that she would hurt her sister in some way. I mean.. she almost kille Judith when she was screaming in the night.

I was however 100% sure that it would happen when the scene where she feed the walker with a rat came up. She had been playing with that walker earlier and screamed at Carroll for killing it etc.
    When Mika showed up at the railroad i was certain that it would end up in a scenario where Mika tries to talk sence into Lizzie and end up shooting the trapped walker and Lizzie would freakout again and stab Mika.
    It didnt turn out that way but it felt like a real possibility.

And what was the deal with the burning walkers? Someone made a bonfire of dead people and they turned i guess..
    each story line they show(different groups), they sync up with stuff from the other groups. the fire was from when daryl and beth lit the house on fire. i guess zombies were attracted to it and walked right into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What an episode...

What an episode...

I tell you guys season 4 so far is being a masterpiece in my opinion.
    And then some. I love the nomadic, self-contained style where just a house or a shack can provide enough for an episode.

Funnily enough, the settings and pacing have been reminding me of gameplay in Fallout. With last night starting with "Maybe," I'd be really surprised if it's not an influence.

Sorry to see Mika die, but man has Lizzy been an annoying character since she was introduced. Was inevitable something would happen there but I thought Mika might make it through. Guess not. Good episode, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one am glad they killed off the kids. Man the way they approached kids in this show has been a bit of a let down. Look at Game of Thrones for great acting/development of kid characters. Some good development for Carol and Tyrese though so that was cool. Now if they can just kill off Judith like what should have happened at the prison then all is well in the zombie world. The quality of the episodes in season 4 has definitely been a upgrade from s02 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Because it's full of filler? They're doing the exact same they did in the prison just on the road, talk and get attacked by 1 ninja zombie at a time which is interpreted to be a big deal.

I think I just want good tv like season 1 and not 40 minutes of yawnfest. If that's what you like then hey I won't judge.
    i rewatched season 1 not to long ago because i was getting a friend into it and it really isnt nearly as good as it is now.

half the cast are no names that get 0 character development before they get killed off or leave, they dont really do much besides moving back and forth between the city somehow getting stuck each time.

i couldnt even remember that fat guy and his families names or that black lady who commited suicide or that guy with the beard who didnt do anything at all in the show except dig a bunch of holes then get bit. not to mention getting to the cdc just for the dude to lock them in and basically kill all of them was kind of retarded.

the first few episodes were really good but once rick gets to the camp its basically just boring sitting around doing nothing. especially that episode with the gang whos taking care of old people.

the characters are so much more interesting now and theres so much more character development in seasons 3 and 4. sure season 3 had that bit with the prisoners who all died off quickly but even then those guys were much better written and still managed to get a good chunk of character development in their short time on the show and tdog finally did something other than being the token black character with no lines.

if i had to rank the seasons from best to worst it would be
    season 4
    season 3
    season 1
    season 2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

To those complaining about recent episodes being nothing but filler: what do you expect from this show? Zombie horde every other episode with someone dying on the off episode and then perhaps seeing Carol call Daryl "pooky" or "sunshine" then making sweet, sweaty love out on a field while a zombie horde approaches them?

By now the writers probably realize that most viewers take zombie attacks to be cliche.

You have to remember this show is more a social experiment than it is a Plain Jane zombie show. It is broadcast on a network that airs 99% drama shows.
    /endrant

Okay I thought this would be fun. Here's my ranking of seasons best to worst:
    Season 4 - because the governor died.
    Season 1 - because the show was fresh and everything was basically unexpected.
    Season 2 - If not only because the walker Sophia episode brought me to tears.
    Season 3 - The season ended unsatisfied and a lot of needless hate arose.

Just because Season 3 and 2 are at the bottom doesn't mean I hate them. I love them. I jut like 4 and 1 better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i rewatched season 1 not to long ago because i was getting a friend into it and it really isnt nearly as good as it is now.

half the cast are no names that get 0 character development before they get killed off or leave, they dont really do much besides moving back and forth between the city somehow getting stuck each time.

i couldnt even remember that fat guy and his families names or that black lady who commited suicide or that guy with the beard who didnt do anything at all in the show except dig a bunch of holes then get bit. not to mention getting to the cdc just for the dude to lock them in and basically kill all of them was kind of retarded.

the first few episodes were really good but once rick gets to the camp its basically just boring sitting around doing nothing. especially that episode with the gang whos taking care of old people.

the characters are so much more interesting now and theres so much more character development in seasons 3 and 4. sure season 3 had that bit with the prisoners who all died off quickly but even then those guys were much better written and still managed to get a good chunk of character development in their short time on the show and tdog finally did something other than being the token black character with no lines.

if i had to rank the seasons from best to worst it would be
    season 4
    season 3
    season 1
    season 2
    Yup. Like, daryl has a crossbow and a chopper when we see him the first time. That just screams of missed opportunity at character development.

Last episode was a blast, and if people yawned at it it's because they watch this show to see ZOMBEEEH. Hopefully the walking dead will keep evolving as a good quality serie, and not only a zombie-good looking chicks-unnecessary evil guy pile o'crap.

Great episode. The first 30 mins were kind of slow, but between the whole Carol and Tyrese awkwardness over carol killing Karen and davis (i think those were their names), and the Lizzie and Mika stuff at the end it made for a great episode. You could really feel how tense things were when Tyrese was talking about Karen to Carol.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2014-03-18 at 08:24 AM.

Just watched the episode.

Wow.

At first, I thought the episode was gonna be 'Little House on the Praire, apoclayspe style'. Tyresse would be Charles, Carol would be...Carol-line, Lizzy would be socialpath Marry and Mika would be harmless Laura. Then we get to that thirty minute mark, where Lizzy's hands are dripping in blood, and right beside her is her verybown sister! I couldn't compute what I was watching when that happened. Then, we get Lizzy shot by Carol. Understandable but tragic. To top it all off, I swear I thought Tyreese would kill Carol, but in a strange twist of mind-bending confusion, he forgave her.

I'm gonna need a couple more days to figure this all out. Please excuse me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Wow.

At first, I thought the episode was gonna be 'Little House on the Praire, apoclayspe style'. Tyresse would be Charles, Carol would be...Carol-line, Lizzy would be socialpath Marry and Mika would be harmless Laura. Then we get to that thirty minute mark, where Lizzy's hands are dripping in blood, and right beside her is her verybown sister! I couldn't compute what I was watching when that happened. Then, we get Lizzy shot by Carol. Understandable but tragic. To top it all off, I swear I thought Tyreese would kill Carol, but in a strange twist of mind-bending confusion, he forgave her.

An amazingly strong climax point. The ones that leave you confused for a couple of days. This is simply high quality directing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Wow.

There is definitely a scent of the old west with groups of pioneers. This season have been full of prepper romance.

Nature is flourishing in the empty suburban which is just waiting for someone to move in. The zombies is not much more than annoyance, even small kids can just turn around and walk away (except when the zombies mysteriously catch up to them during a cutscene). Last couple of episodes made it obvious that the writers wants to push the story forward though. The moment a opportunity for a peacefull future opens up, either for Daryl and Beth or for Carole and Tyrese, something unexpected happens, forcing them on the road again.
    Going to be interesting to se what is waiting for them - hopefully a new antagonist....

I've been rewatching the entire series from the beginning again just out of boredom (and because I think I missed an episode or two in season 2). It's nice to see some of my favorite characters like Dale and Shane again.

I was watching the one in season 1 where they left Jim (guy who went apeshit and dug all those graves before he got bitten during the walker attack at the Atlanta camp) propped up against a tree. It'd be cool if the survivors eventually encountered Walker Jim. He most likely is a walker now, unless he somehow survived being left for dead propped up against a tree with a fever during a zombie apocalypse (I would say his odds in that situation are not good). Or some random wanderer came along and put a bullet in his brain out of mercy.

It's also cool to go back and see some of the characters I'd totally forgotten about who didn't necessarily die. Morales and his family took off for Alabama back in Season 1, and we never heard from them again. Actually....now that I think about it, I wonder if the spin-off will feature him at all? Maybe he found another group of survivors. That'd be kind of interesting.

But yeah, season 4 is my favorite so far. I'm loving all the character development. Don't get me wrong...I love the "RAWR WE ARE MANLY BEER DRINKING ZOMBIE-KILLING MEN WITH RAMBO GUNS AND BEARDS" Spike TV-style action just as much as anyone else, but some story and talking aren't going to hurt anything.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-03-18 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I've been rewatching the entire series from the beginning again just out of boredom (and because I think I missed an episode or two in season 2). It's nice to see some of my favorite characters like Dale and Shane again.

I was watching the one in season 1 where they left Jim (guy who went apeshit and dug all those graves before he got bitten during the walker attack at the Atlanta camp) propped up against a tree. It'd be cool if the survivors eventually encountered Walker Jim. He most likely is a walker now, unless he somehow survived being left for dead propped up against a tree with a fever during a zombie apocalypse. Or some random wanderer came along and put a bullet in his brain out of mercy (which he turned down when Rick and Shane offered).

It's also cool to go back and see some of the characters I'd totally forgotten about who didn't necessarily die. Morales and his family took off for Alabama back in Season 1, and we never heard from them again. Actually....now that I think about it, I wonder if the spin-off will feature him at all? Maybe he found another group of survivors. That'd be kind of interesting.

But yeah, season 4 is my favorite so far. I'm loving all the character development. Don't get me wrong...I love the "RAWR WE ARE MANLY BEER DRINKING ZOMBIE-KILLING MEN WITH RAMBO GUNS AND BEARDS" Spike TV-style action just as much as anyone else, but some story and talking aren't going to hurt anything.
    There's a lot of stuff from Season 1 that pretty much died after Frank Darabont left, there were plans to have a webisodes telling the story of the soldier in the tank from the very first episode, like the one that told the story of bicycle girl. There were plans to revisit the Vatos gang after they'd been raided, i'm assuming Morales and Jim would have had webisodes as well. It's a shame it turned out the way it did, because Frank Darabont leaving is pretty much the reason Dale isn't on the show either.

The show isn't the same without Daleface.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    The show isn't the same without Daleface.
    Ah yeah, Dale. I almost forgot about him. I loved him. Wish they would of kept him.
    Last edited by Redgoon23; 2014-03-18 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Ah yeah, Dale. I almost forgot about him. I loved him. Wish they would of kept him.
    Yet he's gone. Like all good things.
    That's what I like on my Sunday evenings. A frozen cold, wet faceslap of crude realism, with a side of zombies and post-apocalyctic surviving. All served with a bottle of deep character development chilled out of the freezer.

The walking dead is delivering this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There's a lot of stuff from Season 1 that pretty much died after Frank Darabont left, there were plans to have a webisodes telling the story of the soldier in the tank from the very first episode, like the one that told the story of bicycle girl. There were plans to revisit the Vatos gang after they'd been raided, i'm assuming Morales and Jim would have had webisodes as well. It's a shame it turned out the way it did, because Frank Darabont leaving is pretty much the reason Dale isn't on the show either.
    They kinda told what happened to the Vatos on the special edition dvd. It was supposed to be in the season 2 premiere but taken out because it didnt fit with the theme.

Short story is they all get killed from raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    yeah but without him asking to be written off the show we probably wouldve lost hershal and i liked hershal way more than dale
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

some people forget that TWD is a drama. and drama shows tend to have alot more character development. the reason people loved season 1 more than the others is because it had very little character development. when a new show comes out(in its 1st season), its meant to pull the viewer in. so that means alittle more action, alittle less development.