10+ Year Old Account
    You're comparing Daryl to a clone? Cool choice. We also have NO idea of her past, we do not know when or how her sexuality came about, you're comparing completely different characters in absolutely different scenarios.

You can add in bigot again if you want, it helps the cause Im sure.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-08-15 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You're comparing Daryl to a clone? Cool choice.
    are you trying to say that twins arent real people? because a clone is the exact same thing as a twin.

- - - Updated - - -

We also have NO idea of her past, we do not know when or how her sexuality came about, you're comparing completely different characters in absolutely different scenarios.
    we dont know any of those things about daryl either.

and no they are not in completely different scenarios. they both are in a circle of people who completely and utterly accept them.

both in a circle of people willing to kill and die to protect eachother because they are family.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    are you trying to say that twins arent real people? because a clone is the exact same thing as a twin.
    Honestly, I know I'm using strawman as much as you are bigoted, but you just keep coming with these weird assumptions.

A clone is not the exact same thing as a twin it has a different mother, there are so many things passed through the womb that will differentiate from a clone and its "sibling", that little tidbit came from the writers themselvs.

- - - Updated - - -

we dont know any of those things about daryl either.

and no they are not in completely different scenarios. they both are in a circle of people who completely and utterly accept them.

both in a circle of people willing to kill and die to protect eachother because they are family.
    We do know Daryls past, its been spattered throughout the show. He grew up in a redneck community and very close to his redneck family, I'm possibly making assumptions here, but one imagines they were fairly bigoted when it comes to homosexuality.

We do know Daryls past, its been spattered throughout the show. He grew up in a redneck community and very close to his redneck family, I'm possibly making assumptions here, but one imagines they were fairly bigoted when it comes to homosexuality.
    we dont know anything about daryls past in regards to his sexuality. nor does that matter in regards to his new family.

merle is gone. his real family does not care.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    He's not allowed an opinion?
    Allowed an opinion all day, protected from people criticizing said opinion? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    There was nothing ignorant about what he said. He hopes one of the best characters in a good show is not gay. Get over it.

Aww, another thread where the bigot of LGBT's just has to prove how obsessed he is over gays. I love it.
    Last edited by KayossZero; 2014-08-15 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Merged post.

10+ Year Old Account
    we dont know anything about daryls past in regards to his sexuality. nor does that matter in regards to his new family.

merle is gone. his real family does not care.
    Yup granted that is all true.

It would be odd for a character to just start kissing dudes and then kick a zombies head in and it be written like that, if thats how they want to write the story fine, its not my story. I never said he should be defined by his sexuality, never said he should suddenly start liking the village people, never said it needs to be a big storyline, he doesn;t have to act gay or be a new character. But to just gloss over it as if its nothing feels odd, out of place with reality and I don't think it will actually have the desired result of normalizing homosexuality, I guess it would be interesting to see whether it can work, no longer living in Brighton so my usual friend group is not nearby for me to discuss this but I am intrigued to find out what they have to say about my bigoted views :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    Allowed an opinion all day, protected from people criticizing said opinion? Nope.
    Doesn't seem like he's allowed one after it being called ignorance, more like "I disagree with your opinion so you are wrong". If the person replied and said "why" and then the person in question commented "BECAUSE I HATE GAYS" or something then obviously that's justified, but from what he said you can't come to the same outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Oh wow, I hope not.
    You do the 1900s proud.

One's sexuality is a part of who you are. For some people, it's a defining part of who they are, for others, it isn't. I don't see Daryl's sexuality, whether gay or straight, being a huge part of who he is, one way or the other.

So, in re: a coming out story, and if it changes things - of course it changes things, but if he was a private person before, he'll be a private person after. Coming out and being open about one's sexual orientation isn't suddenly a switch which turns someone into an overtly sexual person.

But, like I said in my first post on the subject, the article reads much differently to me than it does to y'all. To me, Kirkman is saying the writers would be open to a character being gay (not necessarily Daryl) and that they've discussed Daryl's sexuality (or asexuality) amongst themselves - those being two separate, unrelated statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, in re: a coming out story, and if it changes things - of course it changes things, but if he was a private person before, he'll be a private person after. Coming out and being open about one's sexual orientation isn't suddenly a switch which turns someone into an overtly sexual person.
    I agree with this 100%, my friend did not suddenly come out and start going to gay bars hooking up with guys, he carried on with his life even though his Dad disowned him for nearly 2 years, it didn't change who he was in nearly everyway, but it did change him in a few, the most important was being comfortable with his sexuality after 20 odd years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You do the 1900s proud.
    Well, the 1900's of a progressive leftie community, but its 2014 and we're still seeing a vast majority of the world opposed to homosexuality.

One's sexuality is a part of who you are. For some people, it's a defining part of who they are, for others, it isn't. I don't see Daryl's sexuality, whether gay or straight, being a huge part of who he is, one way or the other.

But, like I said in my first post on the subject, the article reads much differently to me than it does to y'all. To me, Kirkman is saying the writers would be open to a character being gay (not necessarily Daryl) and that they've discussed Daryl's sexuality (or asexuality) amongst themselves - those being two separate, unrelated statements.
    the way i read it was that daryl could go either way, so far hes shown an almost asexuality rejecting almost any form of affection outside of his friendship so he could be gay he could be straight he could just not be interested in any of it and just be focused on living with his new family.

i think all hes saying is that when or if they decide to go down a romantic plotline with daryl it could be with anyone and that either way he would still be daryl (like jesus in the comics) and that if he was gay amc would be fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

deleted scene with the original f bomb

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching zombies and people getting blown up, limbs cut off, decapitations, etc... We should censor the word "fucking."

Man, this world is backwards as fuck.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

People are still fawning over Daryl, eh? Personally I stopped watching the show largely because of the fan obsession with the character combined with the blatant appeasement on screen. It's a shame that they killed off a number of other interesting characters and kept him around as I believe that the show would have been a lot better had it been done in a similar style to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that video made me very excited for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    People are still fawning over Daryl, eh? Personally I stopped watching the show largely because of the fan obsession with the character combined with the blatant appeasement on screen. It's a shame that they killed off a number of other interesting characters and kept him around as I believe that the show would have been a lot better had it been done in a similar style to the game.
    I honestly think that they're gonna have to kill Daryl at some point, just for the emotional impact of it on the fanbase, and disrupting the idea that certain characters (fan favorites, IE) are "safe."

10+ Year Old Account
    Make Carl gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just to spark some controversy and get people to start talking about the show again? We're two months away from Season 5 premiere and there has been very little hype about the new season. Maybe it's just to get the hype going. He only said "It's possible" not "yea gay as a chandelier".

But maybe that's just me.

I honestly think that they're gonna have to kill Daryl at some point, just for the emotional impact of it on the fanbase, and disrupting the idea that certain characters (fan favorites, IE) are "safe."
    That'd be pretty cool and I have to admit I'd be very satisfied to see the character die. Call me cynical but I'm still bitter that they killed off Andrea, Shane, Merle and Lori. They were interesting characters that made mistakes and had a lot of potential. Meanwhile Daryl just doesn't seem to change and alongside Michonne, Rick and Carl there's never really a sense of danger or the risk that they'll be killed. Given the nature of the show I think that's silly - since it likes to compare itself to Game of Thrones with the whole angle of 'anybody can die'.

Starbreeze(still undervalued, get in now!) and Skybound Interactive will work on an IP based off this, just a heads up for those who have missed it, it will be a co-op FPS.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

If a certain character dies next season, before the place (s)he died in the comics, Daryl might die in her/his place.