I can't say Beth is one of my favorite characters, but I started to like her more in season 4. Loved most of season 4, except for the fact that the Governor's story dragged out longer than I would've liked.

Can we all at least acknowledge that, the scene where Michonne grabs the Katana, was awesome? It was like a choir was playing for a second there.

this season so far has really been phenomenal.

i really didnt see it coming when rick just started fucking slaughtering them.

and yeah i agree krazy while i liked most of season 4 the daryl + beth episode was some of the worst stuff theyve EVER made. "yeah lets burn down our shelter in the middle of the night when were low on food and ammo and were both drunk thats a great fucking idea"

but who took beth has way less to do with beth herself and just whatever weird shit theyve done to her.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that was awesome! I'm so glad that Rick kept his promise with that machete.
    Tyrese are starting to piss me off, was he seriously asking Sasha to forgive the Termites!?
    Here are my predictions for what is going on with Beth and why they only showed Daryl at the end (No comic spoilers, just my personal assumptions):
    I think that Daryl shows up at the end, and when he says "you can come out" he is actually talking to Beth. My thought is that Daryl and Carol found where Beth was and went in to get her out, but only Daryl and Beth made it back out. Then next episode will show how they did it. And now they are back at the church to get help because now the people who took Beth know that someone else knows where they are and what they are doing, so Daryl needs all the help he can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The burning down of the house had more meaning to it. Daryl was struggling for a long time with his past and them burning down the house signified him saying "fuck you" to the past and letting it go - doing away with all those bad memories.

Beth helped Daryl get over allot of what he was bottling up inside.
    The problem most people had with the house being burnt down is that they did it in the middle of the night, during the zombie apocalypse, instead of just staying in it for the night and burning it down before they left in the morning.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Also: I totally called it that Bob was gonna die next.
    Well, when they introduced the preacher, they were over their black man quota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

The burning down of the house had more meaning to it. Daryl was struggling for a long time with his past and them burning down the house signified him saying "fuck you" to the past and letting it go - doing away with all those bad memories.

Beth helped Daryl get over allot of what he was bottling up inside.
    im sorry but no. this is the apocalypse. you dont get to have a "fuck you" moment.

even the "deeper meaning" was stupid. but even if it wasnt stupid, even if it was something meaningful you dont burn down your shelter in the middle of the night in a zombie apocalypse, especially when you're drunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Tyrese are starting to piss me off, was he seriously asking Sasha to forgive the Termites!?
    Here are my predictions for what is going on with Beth and why they only showed Daryl at the end (No comic spoilers, just my personal assumptions):
    I think that Daryl shows up at the end, and when he says "you can come out" he is actually talking to Beth. My thought is that Daryl and Carol found where Beth was and went in to get her out, but only Daryl and Beth made it back out. Then next episode will show how they did it. And now they are back at the church to get help because now the people who took Beth know that someone else knows where they are and what they are doing, so Daryl needs all the help he can get.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem most people had with the house being burnt down is that they did it in the middle of the night, during the zombie apocalypse, instead of just staying in it for the night and burning it down before they left in the morning.
    something i just realized. maggie seemed awfully ready to just up and leave despite daryl telling her like last episode that beth had been taken and they were going to go find her.

you would think she would atleast mention the fact that they maybe should go look for beth
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I knew the red handled machete would be back!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you would think she would atleast mention the fact that they maybe should go look for beth
    Interesting, yeah - she should have cared more about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don't think that's how they will do the next episode, just because they made Beth disappear last season midway and while the Terminus chapter/people were killed tonight it was kind of justly so. They didn't have a huge part in the comics and while no comic turned tv show follows the comics all the way through I just feel like even if they wanted Gareth and the Terminus people to be bigger or the main villain in this season it just wouldn't have worked. I heard that maybe it would be a flashback episode and Beth will appear but I just think that would be a letdown, you have a character gone for what? 6-7 episodes and in one episode poof they're back. Granted Beth isn't the absolute main character or anything but I just think they have a lot of options on the table with Beth's story and to kind of wrap it up in one would be a letdown in my opinion. I think overall this season won't really have a main villain in this season. I think overall this season is supposed to make the audience, the watchers realize that some of these characters will truly lose their humanity, while others will be on the brink of losing theirs and the morally sounded people will help guide the in betweeners to the good side again. I think we can all agree though that the priest was pretty obviously holding something back from the group. Even logically speaking if he never left that church until the group found him then that was 2 and a half years after this all started. Even with all that canned food he wouldn't have survived that long and you are going to say he hasn't killed anyone in those 2+ years? That's just impossible. Overall I think this season seems very obvious direction wise where they want to go but I think that's what the writers want us to think. That we will predict this, that and the other and at first we are right or very close to it and so far it's been easy to tell what will happen, not even needing to read the comics, but I think they are keeping a lot of twists and turns and keeping the secrets very close to their vests right now and will let the season develop more before something really shocking happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting, yeah - she should have cared more about that.
    Was Bob already taken? Because if so then that might've been why she didn't say anything. Too much chaos, your thinking is going everywhere, idk just an idea.

Deleted
    damn season 5 so far ROCKS!

the cannibals were butchered just as they deserved, good job Rick!

I wonder why they're so secretive about who's with Daryl?!

Judging by the look on his face I guess something really bad happened, maybe Carol/Beth was heavily mutilated or something? Or it's someone else entirely and Carol got snatched too?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ywtmakavelian View Post
    Was Bob already taken? Because if so then that might've been why she didn't say anything. Too much chaos, your thinking is going everywhere, idk just an idea.
    Perhaps, that might be why. Could be Maggie just gave up on finding Beth, after Daryl said she was gone. Who knows.

Not the best episode, but certainly moved the plot along. I personally don't buy them breaking the group up, and Maggie/(name) going with the D.C. group - but oh well. I felt like there should have been some more agreement on staying and then going. The Beth teaser at the end was nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    damn season 5 so far ROCKS!

the cannibals were butchered just as they deserved, good job Rick!

I wonder why they're so secretive about who's with Daryl?!

Judging by the look on his face I guess something really bad happened, maybe Carol/Beth was heavily mutilated or something? Or it's someone else entirely and Carol got snatched too?
    Yeah, that was odd - really odd.

Deleted
    Good episode. But with the Termites turning out to be a footnote, the show needs something substantial both in terms of antagonists (the zombies in the show are mainly just flavour at this point - it is the living ppl who are interesting, both the good and the bad ones) but also in terms of future goals. I personally hope they get their asses to Washington assap.

I'm really wondering if something happened to Carol now. Just seems odd that it'd abruptly stop right when Daryl told her to come out.

And holy shit that execution of the Terminus people was brutal. I was kind of expecting that Rick would save that machete and eventually make good on his promise to Gareth.

Cop lady with Beth from next episode preview seems like a real bitch.

Also nice that Jim was mentioned again. I still think it'd be cool if they encountered him as a Walker (likely what he is now unless he died some other way).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-10-27 at 05:50 AM.

I was so fooled by the preview to this season. I thought for sure Gareth and Rick's group were going to co-travel to Washington, the dialogue in the trailer really hinted at that.

Who took Beth???
    I did, but she came willingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome episode, although kind of disappointed to see the Terminus arc wrapped up so quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Really got the feeling that Carol is going to die in this next episode just from the end of last nights. It seems odd that Carol would sit off in the bushes while Daryl went to check things out. I think that the next episode (maybe 2, they have 5 episodes to fill before the mid season finale which i'm guessing will be them getting to washington) will be Beth's story and Daryl and Carol showing up to save her from whatever she's gotten into, possibly with Abraham and Co running into them. Ultimately i think Carol will die while trying to save Beth with Daryl in these next few episodes. I really hope I'm wrong though, I really like Carol >.>

^same, I've really started to like Carol since season 4. Any point before season 3, I probably wouldn't have cared if they'd killed her off, but she's a total badass and one of my favorite characters now. Like...she would've been proud of Rick if she'd been there to see what happened to Gareth.

edit: it just dawned on me that the person Daryl was telling to come out may not have even been Carol. I just assumed it was, but after thinking about that for a bit... o_o

Also: I am really loving season 5. It may actually be my favorite season so far. Really happy the Terminus thing ended quickly instead of having Gareth as another Governor, dragging out for half a season.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-10-27 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    I liked the twist and the whole "hey look, the windows' glasses are breaking in the school so Rick's and Gareth's groups will deal with more Zombies* but:

a) Why did the Terminus people went inside the church anyway? They are only six people and even if some of Rick's team went to the school, they were still enough to potentially defend themselves. They would take hostages and then what? Take their revenge? Why not burn the church down and wait for them to escape? To me, that's a strange pace and stupid plot development. I would have liked it more if it was a mouse and cat game for several episodes. Just disappear and then hunt them down again, playing mind games etc. (they are the worst hunters in history... How did they get Terminus back? Sheer luck?)

b) How did they know that Carol killed the mother? There were no eyewitnesses in the room (small gripe)

c) I had hoped Gareth would not beg for mercy. All the time playing it cold, holding philosophical speeches and then; "I promise we leave you alone!" bullshit.

d) The ending... Thank god someone did NOT kidnap Michonne. Second episode in a row where at the end of the episode one guy is going into the forest and something intense happens...

Huge waste of opportunities. Take your time to develop your characters and increase the stakes. As I said, loved the twist but then again, Gareth group's motivation to enter the church contradicts the whole hunter / terminus trap mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    b) How did they know that Carol killed the mother? There were no eyewitnesses in the room (small gripe)
    Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Only thing I can think of is that maybe Gareth saw Carol running away from the scene, or another survivor did and told him. Maybe he saw Carol running away, then went in and saw what was left of his mother, and put 2 and 2 together. Probably a few things that could've potentially happened off screen.