For a mid-season finale it was alright, not as good as the one from season 4 or even 3 though. I expected a lot more though, but I'm atleast glad that Beth is finally dead. The whole hospital plot kinda feels pointless now if we're not gonna see them in the second half. Like what is that doctor even gonna do now?

I have no idea what went through beth's mind when stabbing her. Oh well, good riddance either way.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Lackluster finale, no idea what went through Beth's head at that point in time (inb4 bullet hueuhe). Sheer stupidity and bad writing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Survivor View Post
    Well it would be different if you were emotionally attached to the character. For me, Beth was not my favorite but she is an amazing actress nonetheless and I had some attachment towards her. She was just too young to die, I honestly would have preferred Carol to die but that's just my opinion. She was also becoming so much stronger and we don't get to see her full potential as a badass. Now if were talking about Rick/Darryl/Maggie and if something were to happen to them in the show, I would most likely shed some man tears. Beth got some but is was primarily because she was too young.
    Also Talking Dead has me wanting to breakdown. Emily Kinney (Beth) is trying to force some tears from me.

No Just No.........Carol is one of the strongest characters in the TV story. They'd all be dead if it wasn't for Carol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    For a mid-season finale it was alright, not as good as the one from season 4 or even 3 though. I expected a lot more though, but I'm atleast glad that Beth is finally dead. The whole hospital plot kinda feels pointless now if we're not gonna see them in the second half. Like what is that doctor even gonna do now?
    Die most likely. I don't have high hopes for the other girl playing dress up as cop because the other guys playing dress up as cops will end up just setting up a slave camp worse than they have.

And for anyone saying they are still cops......they aren't. There is no more laws to enforce and no system to process them through.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And Morgan. Wow. So glad for that last scene - that guy is a very good actor. Such a bonus to have him on the show.

if then.
    Whaaat??? I didn't get to see any Morgan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Whaaat??? I didn't get to see any Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't think the rest of the hospital survivors are going to last long. They lost quite a few "officers" during their struggle with Rick's group. Now that Dawn is dead, one of the others will step up in her place and eventually just become another psycho dictator like she was, if not even worse. Even if things start out nice, just remember that Terminus did too.

The doctor will probably survive, just because of his skills. He's a real doctor, in a real hospital, who has access to medicine and all the equipment there, with power/running water and everything. Someone like him would be extremely valuable in an apocalypse scenario. The others should be protecting him with their lives. Same reason Abraham protected Eugene for so long, except that this dude seems to be a legit doctor.

Dawn was all over the place. I'm pretty sure she was batshit. She definitely had the crazy eyes going on. Pretty sure most of the others there aren't much better.

There are a few "open" stories anyway, like what happened to some of the survivors left behind. Morales (dude who decided to leave the group and go look for his family in Alabama) from season 1, the nursing home gang (deleted scenes show that they all died, but those aren't canon to the best of my knowledge), etc. The only one we can be sure about is Woodbury...they all either got shot by the Governor or ended up joining Rick's group.

I also wonder what was up with that first church, where Daryl and Beth were hanging out before she got abducted. Daryl made a lot of comments about how it looked like someone else had been staying there very recently, so I was half expecting a story about some psychotic mortician or something to come out of that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-12-01 at 08:35 PM.

Sigh, of course they would kill off my favorite girl yet to appear on the show. Now I only have three characters left that I care about at all, Rick, Daryl, and Maggie. This is probably the most annoyed I have been at the show since Shane died. It makes me wonder why I watch it, all it does is build people up so that you like them when they die. No good moments to balance out the bad ones either, just death, usually by other humans instead of zombies. Why watch a show or movie that just leaves you bitter, with nothing to make up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Oh sweet, thanks!

The real loser of the mid-season finale is baby Judith, now that Beth is gone, this board will spend most of its energy calling for her death. Perhaps if she is lucky they will add another child or woman to the cast redirect calls for her demise.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    The real loser of the mid-season finale is baby Judith, now that Beth is gone, this board will spend most of its energy calling for her death. Perhaps if she is lucky they will add another child or woman to the cast redirect calls for her demise.
    It's insulting that you think anyone disliking the presence of Judith does so for nonsensical or arbitrary reasons. Until she is used to impact another character better (because it's a baby and can't act or do anything on their own) then it's a useless plot device. It makes a lot of sense to not care for it. I'd like to get rid of Judith and Tyrese if they continue to use them as background excuses for both characters existing merely for codependency.

In other words, it seems like Judith exists for Tyrese to be a glorified baby sitter who is completely passive to the story and vice versa. Blame the writers for not proving that wrong.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I don't think the rest of the hospital survivors are going to last long. They lost quite a few "officers" during their struggle with Rick's group. Now that Dawn is dead, one of the others will step up in her place and eventually just become another psycho dictator like she was, if not even worse. Even if things start out nice, just remember that Terminus did too.
    It seemed like the Hospital thread was always sketchy. For one thing, it's probably the only place for hundreds of miles with electricity, and with electricity, you get everything else - food, water, shelter, heat, medicine.

I'm mentioning this because Rick's group leaves there pretty hastily, without even considering the quality of life they are giving up. Yes, I realize Rick's group didn't know that Eugene was lying and Beth's death would always have that area emotionally scarred. But sweet bloody jesus, it's all the modern accouterments that you could ask for, and added to it are security and medicine.

I still think it'd be cool to actually see Judith grow up. If she does, she'll probably be a lot tougher down the road since she was actually born and raised in the "new" world, unlike the other survivors who had to adjust. She won't need to adjust, because killing walkers and surviving will be the only way of life she knows.

A few seasons down the road, she's grown up and ends up being a badass zombie killing machine, sort of like a Michonne v2. Doubt that's going to happen (I'm getting used to the idea that Walking Dead is not a "feel good" show about rainbows and sunshine and wouldn't put it past them to have a baby killed off at some point), but I think it'd be cool to see.

It seemed like the Hospital thread was always sketchy. For one thing, it's probably the only place for hundreds of miles with electricity, and with electricity, you get everything else - food, water, shelter, heat, medicine.

I'm mentioning this because Rick's group leaves there pretty hastily, without even considering the quality of life they are giving up. Yes, I realize Rick's group didn't know that Eugene was lying and Beth's death would always have that area emotionally scarred. But sweet bloody jesus, it's all the modern accouterments that you could ask for, and added to it are security and medicine.
    Yeah, I kinda wondered why Rick turned that down too. Even if it were because he didn't know Eugene was lying, Abraham ended up....right there. They coulda just turned around and walked right back in, once Rick learned from the others what happened to Eugene. So I guess it's just that the whole thing with Beth left a bad taste in his mouth, and he didn't want to be there.

Actually...something just dawned on me. Eugene was pretty badly hurt from that smackdown Abraham laid on him and could've benefited from some medical attention. Dude has been unconscious for days and probably has a nasty concussion or some shit. And they had a hospital + doctor right fucking there. You'd think they could've at least taken advantage of that, even if Rick didn't want to stay permanently.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-12-01 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was totally lame on many levels, easily the worst and least 'cliffhangery' mid season so far. Beth being dead is meh, especially in such a stupid fashion. Overall just not good.

Now can we kill off Judith and all woman in the world. (Put that in for Wyatt)

10+ Year Old Account
    What a stupid cause of death though...

Deleted
    You might be on to something here - Beth sacrificing herself to make the Hospital a better place. Could be loosely based on their "you're using people" conversation. Might be a stretch, but I like it.
    I dunno that Dawn's death improves anyone's situation. Most of her officers were abusive and out of control. Her one doctor was actively killing other doctors they found so he could remain irreplaceable and enjoy certain freedoms. Without her and Beth/Noah there is literally nobody left that cares about anyone but themselves. Dawn genuinely seemed to care about Beth, she just had to be standoffish and hard-hearted so her officers didn't think she was soft. Beth was able to do things for her that she couldn't be seen doing.

Without Dawn the hospital will quickly fall apart due to infighting and abuse among the various factions within.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was incredibly stupid. This season has been so all over the place, and they threw away the cannibals too soon.

Why does everyone think Daryl and Beth had, or could have, had a thing? I always saw his relationship with her as a brother-sister type thing unless I missed a scene somewhere. At the very least he saw his chance to get Beth back as his second chance since he wasn't able to get to Sophia in time. He clearly cared about her, but I never thought it was in that way. Is it just because he's everyone's favorite character and he shouldn't "have" to hook up with the older lady? I've seen that in some places...which is stupid as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made it little more dramatic, one of the "main" actors goes. Decent, slower paced episode I say.
    -K

Here's my take:

We get a lot of information behind the back story of many characters during this season; that includes DAWN specifically. As disappointed as I am that Beth dies, she made that choice, but she didn't intentionally expect it. There is a final straw moment you get from Beth when she says "I get it now" where she mislead herself into thinking that Dawn was really a selfish person and a liar. Sadly, this is untrue. Dawn, surprisingly is a type of "Heroin". Dawn and her group DO save lives, and she runs it very tight to prevent the possibilities of dangers. But because of what she has gone through she always has to be on her toes. The incident at the elevator where she and Beth fought off that other officer made Dawn incredibly trigger happy, as if she already wasn't. Dawn liked Beth, intact if the season was going to have a big surprise, it should have been Beth STAYING at the hospital (if they were writing her off), because she could have made it a very successful place working with Dawn. Yes Dawn has an OCD/Abussive problem, but she was, in a way, easing out of it because of Beth. Beth made her choice when she took the scissors. Because why would she do that in the first place? She had the intention of doing something, whether or not she knew it was going to be safe or not. Beth attacked a very very trigger happy Dawn which resulted in an instant defensive reaction from her. And the moment was very intense in Dawn's eyes because she wasn't interested in losing. Losing: Not obtaining Noah. It was her comment "I knew you'd come back" that set off Beth. Imagine if she had not said that, would Beth still have stabbed her? I'd assume yes. Imagine if Rick still refused Noah, would Dawn have shot them in the back? Would she have ordered snipers on them? Dawn was so open to making the 2 for 2 trade without any issues: it showed she wanted peaceful resolution compared to violence. So I think if Rick stayed firm on "No you cannot have Noah" Dawns officers probably wouldn't have had her back if she opened fire. When Beth smiled when Noah escaped it's because she succeeded even failing. She made that sacrifice for Noah again and in the end won, whether if she lived or not. She most likely knew Dawn would kill her, but she knew she'd be taking Dawn with her. And it's true, the hospital will fall apart without her. She could have been an amazing addition to Rick's Group. I still think Beth should have just stayed at the Hospital, she seemed like she could handle it. Even if she discussed it with Maggie. It was safe and with the support of the group Dawn would have helped her become more than what she was. They had a friend/hate relationship, but it surprisingly worked. That's why when Dawn realised she had shot her, it wasn't the shock of "Oh my god pretend I feel horrid I just did that (to save myself)" it was more along the lines of "I cannot believe I just did that, what have I done, why did I do that???".