The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Only Rick shaves, but yeah, everything you said is right. Well, somewhat. Hes not gonna be farmer Rick again.
    Even without spoilers I can't see him going back to that hokey shit again.

Only Rick shaves, but yeah, everything you said is right. Well, somewhat. Hes not gonna be farmer Rick again.
    I was thinking more like his lawman days of Season one and two. Still a take charge personality sure, but also looking for the good in people, giving people a chance, giving life and society a chance, not just focusing on the day by day death. A bit less of the "this world is all that's left" Rick we have at the moment. I imagine the people and community of Alexandria (and other future communities) will sort of inspire him and bring him back a bit from the brink.

Also, fuck farmer Rick. I know why he went that way, but he became too much of a pussy, acting like he didn't care about the dangers of the world "I'm not gonna take my gun" idiocy. You can make a character take a step back from the violence of (their) life, without making them impracticably stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Rick is going to look so different in a couple of episodes, cant wait tbh.

Yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I was thinking more like his lawman days of Season one and two. Still a take charge personality sure, but also looking for the good in people, giving people a chance, giving life and society a chance, not just focusing on the day by day death. A bit less of the "this world is all that's left" Rick we have at the moment. I imagine the people and community of Alexandria (and other future communities) will sort of inspire him and bring him back a bit from the brink.
    Yep that will be his role when he gets to Alexandria.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/25g9u9f.jpg [IMG]

Yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Yep that will be his role when he gets to Alexandria.
    Side by side comparison , tv series and comic.

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/screenshot-2014-11-07-at-11-44-44-am-the-walking-dead-our-first-look-at-a-smooth-faced-rick-grimes.png?width=818&height=493

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    BrBa fans are the worst when it comes to hive minds, great show don't get me wrong.
    I didn't start watching BrBa until a few weeks before it finished so it's not like I'm a hardcore fan that watched it for 5 years.

But its fan ratings, its critics rating and its awards speak for themselves.

I think he looked more badass with the beard. It'll be kinda sad to see that go. :|

Season 1:

Now:
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-02-20 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely more badass with that sexy beard, wish I could grow one like that instead of bumfluff.

Deleted
    Everytime I see him I see :

I like to think the walking dead is a follow on of that show, after he quits his job and goes traveling this is how it winds up.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2015-02-20 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he'd look best with 5 o clock shadow, clean shaven looks too plain and a beard looks too scruffy with his hair. No idea how I got onto the topic of styling Andrew Lincoln but hey.

Also, this conversation about Rick's beard reminded me of:

I managed to grow a pretty awesome beard last year. Only time I've ever really decided to try it, but at least now I know I can. But yeah, when I finally shaved it off, the above is kinda how I felt for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They'd be dead after the first year. Winter + Rain and their bodies would break down.

I don't know much much it's been in the comics but in the show it looks like years and that would be pretty much impossible for the walkers to survive.
    Even discounting decomposition, most of them would simply just run out of energy to move. Moving a body requires energy, which requires food, which - while the zombies do get it from time to time eating the sparse surviving human, they definitely don't get enough to sustain the numbers you see in the show. You could argue that they eat animals while off-screen, but I'd argue that's nonsense. Think about how well a living person, unarmed but actually relatively agile and (hopefully) intelligent, could hunt down deer, or even a freaking rabbit, with no weapons or anything. Good fucking luck. Now replace that person with a shambling rotting corpse, they aren't catching shit.

Basically, when zombies come into play you're either essentially just leaving things unexplained, or it's just some degree of magic going on. That's why I kind of always liked the 28 days/weeks concept - after a while, all the quarantined, infected people just died (for good). Sure there's still some suspense of belief in thinking a person could just turn into a psycho rage monster within such a brief time from a random virus, but some parts are more believable. Of course those are the kind of movies that are more focused on just the fascination/horror of the infection rather than the storytelling of the survivors like in TWD.

Anyway, last episode was alright. Hurricane aspect was interesting (I assume that's what that was supposed to be).. though I don't understand what led the walkers to the barn. Usually it has to be some specific source of noise or movement, I don't see what it would have been. They had to of been there for a while, if they had that big a lead on the walkers I don't see how they could have followed them straight to the barn.

New dude is definitely not to be trusted. Who says "stranger danger". This is what parents tell their kids to keep them away from weirdos (like that dude).

Far as the whole religious stuff goes, I didn't really notice anything til after the storm when they said something like "we shouldn't have survived that" and I rolled my eyes a bit. I mean obviously the guy burning the collar piece or whatever, I understand what that means and all but it didn't seem forced. The other part did.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2015-02-20 at 07:35 PM.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Even discounting decomposition, most of them would simply just run out of energy to move. Moving a body requires energy, which requires food, which - while the zombies do get it from time to time eating the sparse surviving human, they definitely don't get enough to sustain the numbers you see in the show. You could argue that they eat animals while off-screen, but I'd argue that's nonsense. Think about how well a living person, unarmed but actually relatively agile and (hopefully) intelligent, could hunt down deer, or even a freaking rabbit, with no weapons or anything. Good fucking luck. Now replace that person with a shambling rotting corpse, they aren't catching shit.

Basically, when zombies come into play you're either essentially just leaving things unexplained, or it's just some degree of magic going on. That's why I kind of always liked the 28 days/weeks concept - after a while, all the quarantined, infected people just died (for good). Sure there's still some suspense of belief in thinking a person could just turn into a psycho rage monster within such a brief time from a random virus, but some parts are more believable. Of course those are the kind of movies that are more focused on just the fascination/horror of the infection rather than the storytelling of the survivors like in TWD.
    They're zombies. There's no such thing in real life so arguing how they sustain energy doesn't really make any sense. Maybe a wizard did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They're zombies. There's no such thing in real life so arguing how they sustain energy doesn't really make any sense. Maybe a wizard did it.
    I'm referring to a conversation two pages back where people are discussing decomposition as being a factor in the capabilities of the walkers. If we're discussing that as a thing that would affect these fictional creatures, then presumably so would the energy required for movement. Just pointing out that none of it really matters because there's too many things that are too unrealistic. You either accept it and just follow the real story or don't and watch something else . I mentioned magic myself, you may have noticed >.>
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Summary of this weeks episode

The scene opens with the group hanging out in the barn doing stuff and thangs. Rick is sitting on the ground with Judith, while Carl is messing with a piece of wood off the barn’s wall.
    Maggie comes into the barn announcing to the group, “This is Aaron.” Daryl immediately approaches the barn door and makes sure there is no one outside. He then conducts a nice little TSA frisk on Aaron. Maggie announces that she has already searched Aaron and removed his weapon.
    The group, weary of this stranger, surrounds Aaron with their weapons pointed at him. Awkward Aaron offers an awkward “hi”. Rick asks Maggie for Aaron’s weapon. She hands over his pistol and officer Rick assertively checks it for ammo.
    Rick asks Aaron if he wants something from them. Sasha says that he has a camp that he wants the group to “audition” for. Aaron explains that he believes the group would be valuable additions to his community.
    Aaron asks Sasha to hand Rick his backpack and says there is an envelope in the front pocket. Aaron explains he couldn’t just come along without some proof that his community exists. He shows Rick a photo of his community which features large walls. He mentions that their walls are strong and nothing dead or alive can get in. He says that security and their survivors are their top priorities. Aaron also mentions that it is his job to convince the group to follow him.
    Before Aaron can explain anymore, an unamused Rick walks straight up to him and delivers an unforgiving punch right in the face, knocking him out cold.

- Rick sends others out to scout area and look for Aaron’s vehicles and friend.
    - Rick and Judith stay behind at barn, Aaron is tied up. Judith won’t stop crying, Aaron offers some apple sauce which Rick believes to be poisoned
    - The group comes back and confirms and RV and vehicle exists, but no one else is found. They vote on going with Aaron, but Rick wants to make the trip on his own terms.
    - They leave at night in Aaron’s car and RV. Rick, Michonne, Glen and Aaron are in the front car with the rest of the group following in the RV. They hit a herd of walkers but don’t slow down so the RV does not run into them. The RV is no longer following them. Rick, Glenn, Michonne and Aaron have to abandon the car.
    - A flare goes up, Aaron says it’s his friend. Rick, Glenn, Michonne and Aaron head into the woods. After fighting off some walkers they see Daryl, who whistles them into a building. Eric is there along with the RV group who had saved Eric after he shot the flare because he was apparently in trouble.
    - The next morning they leave for the safe zone. Rick stashes a pistol in an old blender outside the walls of the safe zone. The group gets out of their vehicles and wait for the gates to open. End of episode.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

I just started watching this show about 2 weeks ago and I just finished S5E10 lol, been watching quite a bit (and this was me holding back on some days). I love how they created such sympathetic characters. I was kinda sad to see Andrea go, she was one of the most interesting characters and played so well. I didn't really mind Shane and Lori dying, they were mostly bitching. There were only a few episodes that I disliked, which were I think two episodes that were (almost) completely about the Governor as Brian in his new group. Not sure how I feel about Rick as a person, he has his good and his bad moments. I think it's interesting how you root for the entire cast as a group, but if you think about some of the decisions individuals have made (Carol, Rick, even Carl), it could be easy to argue that they are not really much better people than some of the villains. If you think about it, they always walk into every situation with their guns ready and there have been countless of times where they have killed people that could have been spared, or left people to die they could have helped. For example when Rick strangled one of the biker gang's men based on the assumption that they would have killed him otherwise, but would they have? I mean, they were good to Daryl, who was just as much a stranger. The moment when Rick, Daryl and Michonne ended up having to kill those bikers was really a turning point for me in terms of them always having been fair and just, even if that put themselves at risk, and now they seem quicker to kill other people if that ensures their survival. I think the Rick from season 1 & 2 wouldn't have gunned down that cop that tricked Sasha and ran away in season 5, nor would Rick from season 5 have gone back to Atlanta to save Merle in season 1. They talk a lot about 'getting to come back from what you've done', and I think Michonne is the only one right now who has come back from that, and perhaps Daryl (I don't think Daryl was never really as far gone as Rick is atm though, despite the whole bad boy act). I thought when Rick was reunited with his daughter he would perhaps find his humanity some more but that doesn't seem to be happening so far. I'm pretty interested to see where they take the characters from here.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post
    I was kinda sad to see Andrea go, she was one of the most interesting characters and played so well.
    *spits out drink*

I don't think you were watching the same show we are talking about. :-/
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    *spits out drink*

Its a pity , Andrea was so much better in the comics.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    *spits out drink*

Yeah man she was pretty tough, straight-up, to-the-point, and she was really trying to do the right thing until she got screwed over by the Governor. For instance I liked the scene where she went on wall duty and when a walker came up she just jumped off the wall and knived it, and then people were giving her shit for it and she was like whatever. I agree she was a little whiny in the old group with Dale and Shane, but she really got over herself after that and always spoke her mind and did what she thought was right. She was so close to finding her way back to the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Its a pity , Andrea was so much better in the comics.
    Maybe that's the thing, since I never read the comics.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Maybe that's the thing, since I never read the comics.
    There are definitely two separate groups in this thread - those that have read the comics first and then experience the live action version, and those that just watch the show. I think the quality of the show is better in the eyes of those that have not read the comics. It's my impression that the comics are VERY good, and it's always difficult for a show/movie to compete with a well written story.

(i haven't read the comics, just in case it wasn't clear)

Taking that into account, Andrea was a pretty good character in the show. She certainly ran the gammit of personalities, including some serious whiny moments in S2. But she also had plenty of badass ones. It also sounds like Andrea was pretty awesome in the comics, so any deviation from that personality in the show would naturally have negative impacts to how she is liked/viewed.

I don't think she was the most interesting - in fact, up through S4, she wasn't in my top 5 interesting characters - but I did like her.

Yeah man she was pretty tough, straight-up, to-the-point, and she was really trying to do the right thing until she got screwed over by the Governor. For instance I liked the scene where she went on wall duty and when a walker came up she just jumped off the wall and knived it, and then people were giving her shit for it and she was like whatever. I agree she was a little whiny in the old group with Dale and Shane, but she really got over herself after that and always spoke her mind and did what she thought was right. She was so close to finding her way back to the group.
    Everyone will have their personal preference.

Honestly I hated Andrea with a passion. She over reacted constantly, everything time she decided to do something herself it was out of selfish reasons, or trying to "impress" people that she could be all big and manly like everyone else. Her character is the quintessential difference between a real leader or person of action and a pretender; everything she does is a farce, an effort to convince herself more than the people around her.

A great example is when she mistakenly shoots Daryl in Season 2. She had absolutely no reason to shoot at a lone walker, when she knows full well that noise only brings more around, it was not an immediate threat, and 4(?) people were on the move to deal with it. The only reason she did it, is because she wanted to prove that she could "protect the camp" like anyone else... and yet she failed miserably! Not only did she make the wrong decision by firing her weapon, wasting a bullet, potentially drawing more attention and pissing off Hershel in the process, but she also missed! Which only goes to prove that she is not able to protect the camp as well as anyone else like she constantly claims. The entire time she simply has this "woe is me, why does everyone dislike me, I just want to be a big badass", but she proves herself constantly incapable. She hid in a freaking bathroom from one walker for fucks sake sobbing like a baby while others managed to stay completely quite hiding under cars and bodies while walker shambled right by them.

Season 3 is the worst for her by far. Aside from the whole "trading her friend for sex and a warm bed" thing which can at least partially be rationalized, she constantly fails in her interactions with other people. Visiting the prison, her failed peace talks, every interaction she has with another person is a total failure. Now this can be chalked up to writing. obviously if everyone stopped acting grumpy and simply told what they knew, the story would have gone down much differently and thus would have suffered. But she and Michonne are guilty of this in spades, and it is infuriating knowing that a normal human being would never be so stubbornly silent about everything they knew.

Finally, she dies in a terribly pathetic way, simply because she was too much of a wuss to do what needed to be done, that is killing the Gov. She just proves herself, throught the series to be overly self serving, incompetent, and the host of the series greatest pity party. I'm glad she died.