Page 8 of 634 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    , im not sure what Darabont was in charge of, but i have to say this show (from last season) is amazingly well done, its unfortunant that the seasons are so short and its been ages since season 1 ended i want more!!!!. im looking forward to it.

shit just realised he is the creator, how the fuck did they decide to fire him!!!
    AMC really screwed the pooch on this one. They sent Darabont to Comic-Con to promote the series and then fired him days later. Darabont was upset that AMC wanted him to make more episodes for season 2 (13 episodes, more then twice that of season 1) and at the same time cut his budget. So they canned him and hired the guy who made that terrible Crash TV series. Even the entire cast and crew was pretty pissed about this. AMC had to send their execs to the set to try and calm the cast down.

Now it has been said from some people that the reason for all this is the Mad Men creator is basically holding the network hostage and demanding all kinds of things so AMC had to cut cost on both Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. Seems AMC really needs to clean things up over there. Its too bad too cause for awhile they were looking like they would be stepping up to HBO and Showtime in terms of making some great tv series.

Oh, and Darabont was the creator/show runner for the TV series, but Robert Kirkman is the guy who created the Walking Dead comic series the show is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by shockerxl View Post
    any clue when season 2 is supposed to come out? i love this show im a big time zombie fan and it's about time we get a show in this genre of this caliber
    Airing Oct 16th

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish HBO would buy out The walking dead, im not to familiar with the companies that fund and run the shows, but from what iv seen online / on Australian tv (don't own pay tv ... yet!) HBO puts out some really awesome shows that are high budget and quality. i hate it when its the companies behind the shows that screw it up by lack of funding and stuff . i hope it works out but with Darabont gone i can see the show taking a completely different direction since another guy if gonna be in there calling the shots :S.

Anyone see the scene in the season 2 trailer where they re-visit the vato nursing home? Granted that whole vato was awful, I want to see what made them go back. I bet it's something like they got over-run or one of the elderly changed causing a domino effect.

i really cant wait for this to start airing again - first season was awsome imo and ive been waiting with anticipation for season 2

Deleted
    I liked the start of season 1 but don't really have high expectations for season2. I thought the quality kept dropping with every episode in s1, to the point where it felt like any random shitty hollywood series. Too bad.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-08-14 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people even watch AMC? lol Walking dead shoulda been a starz or HBO show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    AMC really screwed the pooch on this one. They sent Darabont to Comic-Con to promote the series and then fired him days later. Darabont was upset that AMC wanted him to make more episodes for season 2 (13 episodes, more then twice that of season 1) and at the same time cut his budget. So they canned him and hired the guy who made that terrible Crash TV series. Even the entire cast and crew was pretty pissed about this. AMC had to send their execs to the set to try and calm the cast down.

Now it has been said from some people that the reason for all this is the Mad Men creator is basically holding the network hostage and demanding all kinds of things so AMC had to cut cost on both Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. Seems AMC really needs to clean things up over there. Its too bad too cause for awhile they were looking like they would be stepping up to HBO and Showtime in terms of making some great tv series.

Oh, and Darabont was the creator/show runner for the TV series, but Robert Kirkman is the guy who created the Walking Dead comic series the show is based on.
    This is what worries me.. the series is built to be long running (look at the comics) so with the wrong people steering it, it's going to crash and burn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by blade5o View Post
    Ever heard of Breaking Bad or Mad Men. Hell even Rubicon is a decent show, and although Mad Men is screwing over the network financially, it's still churning out some of the best dramas on any channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Yeah this concerned me about the second season. What boggles the mind is TWD was their highest rated show, beating even Mad Men, yet everything I've read too seems to point to the Mad Men creator making outrageous budget demands and AMC, for some reason, caving in and cutting their other shows. I'm rather annoyed TWD and Breaking Bad have to suffer because of this.
    Anyway the first season started strong and kinda dulled out, but I think it's because, being such a short season, they couldn't really follow the book plots so they kinda had to trek on new ground. Season 2 looks to be straight out of the book, heading to the farm, which I was having high hopes for till they canned Darabont. Although the show could survive, I have a sinking feeling it's going to bomb and Season 2 will be the last season, and I hope AMC realizes what a bunch of idiots they are for having a golden show and basically throwing it in the trash can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haydude View Post
    Yeah this concerned me about the second season. What boggles the mind is TWD was their highest rated show, beating even Mad Men, yet everything I've read too seems to point to the Mad Men creator making outrageous budget demands and AMC, for some reason, caving in and cutting their other shows. I'm rather annoyed TWD and Breaking Bad have to suffer because of this.
    Anyway the first season started strong and kinda dulled out, but I think it's because, being such a short season, they couldn't really follow the book plots so they kinda had to trek on new ground. Season 2 looks to be straight out of the book, heading to the farm, which I was having high hopes for till they canned Darabont. Although the show could survive, I have a sinking feeling it's going to bomb and Season 2 will be the last season, and I hope AMC realizes what a bunch of idiots they are for having a golden show and basically throwing it in the trash can.
    My guess is they got too excited with Mad Men and signed all sorts of contracts to keep the guys making it. I mean really.. AMC came out of NOWHERE with a couple of amazing shows and probably wanted to make sure they kept Mad Men (which was before Walking Dead was even around) alive and kicking.

Hopefully (if they arent going to get the old guy back) the new guy will stay true to the comics.. which is the reason the show is great.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blade5o View Post
    AMC is one of the best networks putting out television series. To name a few you have The Walking Dead, The Killing, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. Easily that line up trumps the garbage NBC/ABC/ etc are putting out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    AMC is one of the best networks putting out television series. To name a few you have The Walking Dead, The Killing, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. Easily that line up trumps the garbage NBC/ABC/ etc are putting out.
    Don't forget Rubicon. Great show if you haven't seen it.

anyone watched "The Walking Dead" yet?

just started watching it the other day on on-demand. definitely didnt think it was gonna be that good, but im hooked so far. kinda pissed it only has 6 episodes in the first season though : / but they prolly had a small budget and from the looks of it, spent most of it on the make up, the zombies look amazing in it, really well done. new season starts on october 16th. hoping a bigger channel picks it up so it can get more funding, its definitely looking like an awesome show

10+ Year Old Account
    Great show, looking forward to the next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Love it, just don't like how it sometimes borders on the religious with it's themes.

Same fav. show evar can not wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was watching the first season periodically, but I didn't realize there were only 6 episodes. I may have seen the whole season then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged with the other Walking Dead thread.