Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I imagine they'll find a cure of some sort and maybe start rebuilding civilization when the series eventually comes to an end, but not before that. Most of the people who would be capable of doing that kind of research (like Dr. Jenner and the CDC staff) are dead. It'll take a LONG time before things get built back up to where someone can actually research and develop a cure. Any kind of cure is not going to happen until the Walking Dead finale.

One of my friends said it'd be pretty funny if the finale is Rick waking up in his hospital bed surrounded by people like Shane, Lori, and Carl, where he realizes the whole Walking Dead thing was just a dream he had while in his coma. Then the view pans out from the hospital and shows all of Rick's group, but in their old homes/normal lives. Hershel sitting at his farm with his family, Daryl and Merle out in the woods hunting deer or whatever they did, Dale rolling around in his RV, the Governor working in some office, Morgan at home with his wife and son, etc. I guess that would only be a bad ending for Carol, because she'd still be living with her asshole husband who beats her and molests their daughter.

Then we fade out to a funeral somewhere. All the friends and family of the deceased are standing around in the funeral home. Suddenly, the dead guy's eyes snap open a second before the end, and the theme music starts playing.
    so that rick dreamed it but then the zombie apocalypse happens for real? so like a vision? that would be funny(bad) but since they decided to make a spin-off of another completely different group on a different continent i dont see that ending happening at all lol. i have a feeling when this series wraps up, everyone besides like 1-2 people of the original group will be dead(im thinking daryl since hes an original character of the tv show and maybe someone else.) the good thing about the walking dead, is that they can literally start over somewhere else when the story ends and it will still be fresh and new.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I was suprised that Rick didn't simply want to leave the prison, the Governor had way too much men and a tank. If this show was a little bit more realistic, Rick would've atleast lost half his group, now all he lost was hershell.
    The smart move would definitely have been leaving the prison. I was equally as surprised when watching that episode. You are going to get forced out anyway, it would have been much smarter to walk away with all your people alive. And Rick did actually lose half his group (everyone on the bus died plus randoms during the battle, plus Hershel). I think the reason Rick didn't choose to leave is because he didn't want to make a choice because he didn't want to be the leader anymore. The Governor forced Rick into the leadership position and Rick failed to take action which resulted in the siege.

Of course, the even smarter move would have been the prison group moving into Woodbury where they had RUNNING WATER AND ELECTRICITY instead of carting a busload of old people into a prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The smart move would definitely have been leaving the prison. I was equally as surprised when watching that episode. You are going to get forced out anyway, it would have been much smarter to walk away with all your people alive. And Rick did actually lose half his group (everyone on the bus died plus randoms during the battle, plus Hershel). I think the reason Rick didn't choose to leave is because he didn't want to make a choice because he didn't want to be the leader anymore. The Governor forced Rick into the leadership position and Rick failed to take action which resulted in the siege.
    The Governor was a psychopath, I doubt he would have really let Rick leave.
    Of course, the even smarter move would have been the prison group moving into Woodbury where they had RUNNING WATER AND ELECTRICITY instead of carting a busload of old people into a prison.
    I wondered this too. The only thing I could think of is that there's more "farmland" at the Prison than in a town.

The Gov'r burned Woodbury to the ground long before this confrontation, shortly after the first confrontation at the prison, as seen in the Gov'r episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Gov'r burned Woodbury to the ground long before this confrontation, shortly after the first confrontation at the prison, as seen in the Gov'r episodes.
    I think people mean they should have moved in straight away, as soon as the guv left.

The smart move would definitely have been leaving the prison
    Well, he was preparing for the possibility but the guv changed all that by removing the head of Herschel, so he never really got to make that decision.

There's no cure.

The virus is spread on the whole planet.

The best way to survive is get yourself a stronghold where zombies can't enter- proper concrete walls and gates and outlast the zombies.

They'll eventually die to the weather and lack of food.

Months, years, decades.

Every time someone dies you shoot them in the head.

Avoid inbreeding as much as possible.

There, zombie apocalypse defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh these particular zombies would never take over the world anyway :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Tbh these particular zombies would never take over the world anyway :P
    You obviously haven't been watching the show because these zombies are clearly trained by Ra's al Ghul.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    I have to say I'm having a blast in season 4. I find the quality has really improved. That passage about the governor, building his character up and the way he slowly fell into madness again... Genius.
    And I hated the governor in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I kind of had this feeling too, and I think maybe that's what was going through Rick's head. I think the Governor had no intention of letting anyone from Rick's group just walk out of there unharmed.

I still can't wait to see how it turns out if/when Tyreese finds out what really happened to Karen. And I think that's really going to be a matter of "when" because it will create an intense situation with a lot of drama, and Walking Dead is all about those situations.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-20 at 11:01 PM.

i think should the series ever end. it will end with rick and everybody else dying.

i dont think kirkman likes happy endings and the walking dead has never been about happiness. its always about finding a bit of solace before its ripped away from you
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I still think that she might have killed the infected people and Carol burned them to cover for her.
    Yeah, either Lizzie or Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah, either Lizzie or Carl.
    I'm going with Lizz and if things follow the comic loosely like they have. I mean real loosely Carl ends up putting down a kid because the kid becomes a people killer. Its similiar to how they have been showing lizzie. First he butchered an animal and poked at it for fun then killed his brother. Lizzie could snap and the adults won't know what to do and Carl will put her down. I doubt this since the TV show runs into a lot of issues like not being able to kill babies etc.

As for cure, it won't happen Kirkman is kind of anti-cure.

The people who followed the Governor may have not obeyed him to kill the prison group if Rick simply left, they wouldn't gain anything with it and they are not necessarily bad guys. All the Governors group wanted to have was the prison, no retribution against Rick and his group.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The people who followed the Governor may have not obeyed him to kill the prison group if Rick simply left, they wouldn't gain anything with it and they are not necessarily bad guys. All the Governors group wanted to have was the prison, no retribution against Rick and his group.
    They were more than willing to follow him after he broke his word and killed Hershel for no good reason. I don't see why they wouldn't have followed his lead if he tried to kill Rick as they were leaving.

They were more than willing to follow him after he broke his word and killed Hershel for no good reason. I don't see why they wouldn't have followed his lead if he tried to kill Rick as they were leaving.
    After watching what he did, they probably just continued out of fear. For all they know if someone spoke up to him, he'd just shoot them in the head. He was that kind of guy (although they weren't aware of that nature until that point).

10+ Year Old Account
    i still have mixed feeling about the last episode. the way the story was told and the various different shots were so completely different than before.

quick skipping from day to night, 5(?) different small groups that were being followed, backwards and forwards in time and a vague explanation on how wonderfully Carol suddenly came back into the picture. it felt rushed, just a filler episode to quickly get them to the next "hub". with introduction of new characters to boot.

screen time is little per character and character situational connection is to difficult to create this way.

i mean, look at what we got?

we got Rick/Carl/Michone in some town, the children Carol and Tyrese moving to the terminus, Daryl and his new female follower going in exactly the opposite direction. Glenn and Tera being intercepted by the new guys and Magie sasha and doc wonder being..somewhere.

they are quickly going to have to reunite some characters to make it less swappy and make more room to focus on character development. army guys will probably take Glenn group them to Maggie group, who they picked up earlier, at the terminus (or maggie group glenn group and army group discover terminus together), where carol and tyrese arrive moments later. this leaves 3 groups, so they can focus more screen time on each group. it will stay to messy for to long otherwise.

katty(?) the pshyco kid will have a major roll to play the end of this season, everything screams this. i doubt she will return in season 5 if you catch my drift.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    After watching what he did, they probably just continued out of fear. For all they know if someone spoke up to him, he'd just shoot them in the head. He was that kind of guy (although they weren't aware of that nature until that point).
    So the same couldn't be said if Rick and the rest of the people started leaving the prison and the Governor opened fire on them?

was a really great episode. michonne is really coming out of her shell, i think in a way shes kind of replacing her son with carl and i think its really nice how theyve formed that bond.

also rick, super potty ninja.

i think its pretty funny how they are trying to scare people into thinking somethings gonna happen to daryl next episode "darylllll nooooooooooo" pfft try harder amc we all know daryls not gonna die.

beth might die though, but i think its unlikely, i think they are done killing off main characters for a couple episodes so we can get closer to the new people there gonna be sliding in before taking the old ones away.

also i was 99% SUPER SURE that the mullet scientist was gonna die. wouldve been HILARIOUS "i know what caused this" - dead.

wouldve been the ultimate way to be like "you're never gonna find out so shutup"

i guarantee hes gonna die before he says what caused it or its gonna turn out he was lying.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yeah, I think it's unlikely Daryl will die. I still don't think it's completely impossible, but it's very unlikely. I like how he doesn't exist in the comic and was completely original to the show, so nobody can really even speculate much on how things may turn out with him. Course, I haven't read the comic at all, but from what I understand, a lot of things happened very differently anyway.

"They'll never kill him off, he's too popular" is a really common opinion, so I could see him getting killed off at some point just for that reason as a "SURPRISE, BITCHES" sort of thing. If I were in charge of the show, I'd do shit like that.

I was thinking the same thing about the scientist. It'd be really hilarious if he's all "Yep, I know how to cure the Walker virus, all you have to do is...." then BAM, a random walker comes out of nowhere and starts chewing his throat to pieces.

I have a feeling he'll turn out to be a fake who doesn't really know dick squat and just made shit up so Abraham would protect him. I think Dr. Jenner was the closest the group ever had to actually figuring things out. Unfortunately for them, he was kind of in the "oh well, who gives a shit anymore" mind by that point.

Also, that chick (Rosita or w/e her name was) in Abraham's group is really hot.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-24 at 05:24 AM.