I've told myself since season 2 that if Daryll were to die I would outright stop watching the show.

But now that everyone is split up and a lot has gone to shit I do want to see what becomes of each split up group. Not seeing Daryll this episode wasn't bad mostly because him and Beth aren't that interesting and their interaction is mostly depressing. I would, however, like to see another episode where Daryll goes crazy like he did in season 2 when he came back with a necklace of walker ears because I think he's a bit of a sociopath and may even have a serious criminal record that no one really expects. If they were to find that out the entire group would look at Daryll differently and it would be interesting to see whether or not he would continue to be part of the original family.

So we're at a point now where Rick and company are heading to the same place as Tyrese and company (w/ Carol) to a (hopefully not) new Woodbury. Glen and company are probably up in South Carolina by now and Maggie and company will probably end up making their way to this "sanctuary" eventually.

Who knows though. I haven't read too much of the comics to know what will happen if anything. I feel that if they could regroup after the farm incident, they can regroup again.

Deleted
    awesome episode, I'm really looking forward to see more of Eugene, sounds like there will be some kind of cure, I was always hoping that they'd eventually reveal what caused the apocalypse in the first place etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It was global warming. Al Gore warned us, but we didn't listen...
    We should have dropped ice cubes in the ocean to cool it all down

Anyway so far brilliant episode, didn't like the other two since they were way too slow paced.
    -K

I've whatched it and why is it so popular? I've watched it and I find it kind of tedious. it's like a soap opera but with the living dead thrown in

I'm liking how they aren't safe anymore behind a fence, the suspense is great. I thought the bloke that was strangled next to the bed was going to wake up a walker and attack Rick while the bloke on the bed slept (Why did he sleep? Does he not know they need to destroy the brain? I mean they would have survived long enough to learn that!)

A question about the comics, I want to read them, but I don't want to spoil the show, can anyone pinpoint where I can read up to before getting to close to the shows current progress?
    Last edited by Grath; 2014-02-24 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    I'm liking how they aren't safe anymore behind a fence, the suspense is great. I thought the bloke that was strangled next to the bed was going to wake up a walker and attack Rick while the bloke on the bed slept (Why did he sleep? Does he not know they need to destroy the brain? I mean they would have survived long enough to learn that!)

A question about the comics, I want to read them, but I don't want to spoil the show, can anyone pinpoint where I can read up to before getting to close to the shows current progress?
    I think the prison era is called "Safety behind bars" so you can read till the end of those and maybe 1 or 2 after.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see more of my favorite character Tyreese, mostly because he did the voice of Coach in L4D2, my favorite L4D character.

Quote Originally Posted by Katan View Post
    I've whatched it and why is it so popular? I've watched it and I find it kind of tedious. it's like a soap opera but with the living dead thrown in
    You answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think the prison era is called "Safety behind bars" so you can read till the end of those and maybe 1 or 2 after.
    Thanks, I'll remember this.

Still think they should kill off Carl and the baby. The number of times they have almost gotten them killed is worse then the Gov. Also how the Hell did did the baby not get sick and die? They have no damn immune system especially to that sorta illness that would affect so many like that.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Still think they should kill off Carl and the baby. The number of times they have almost gotten them killed is worse then the Gov. Also how the Hell did did the baby not get sick and die? They have no damn immune system especially to that sorta illness that would affect so many like that.
    Well, the people inside the prison were doing everything they could to keep her away from it. It's not like she was out in the open where all the sick people were staying. They had her in the solitary confinement area and didn't allow anyone in or out unless absolutely necessary. So it kinda makes sense. They actually were pretty smart in how they handled the illness, where the sick people were quarantined off in their own area away from the rest of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I've told myself since season 2 that if Daryll were to die I would outright stop watching the show.
    I like Daryl, but I don't know if I'd go that far. I kind of like the "nobody is safe from death" attitude the show has. It wouldn't bother me even if people like Rick and Daryl could get killed off.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-24 at 02:48 PM.

its funny because the creator of the comics and the show describes it exactly like that.

"its like a soap opera but i shoved a bunch of zombies in it. when other people were watching those zombie movies they were like yeah action! and i was like, now kiss"

and i think the main reason its popular is because its pretty much one of only like 3 zombie tv shows that is actually any good and out of the ones that are good most of them arent the same type of show (in the flesh for example is an amazing zombie show but its nothing like walking dead)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post

the comics are waaaaaay different than the show. theres a ton of characters in the comic that either didnt show up in the show or are still alive and theres a ton of people in the show who are either dead in the comic or dont exist at all.

theres places where they are similar but at this point looking ahead at the comics its at best a hint at whats coming and you never know whether they will take it that way or not.

for example - daryl: doesnt exist in the comics.
    tyreese: died in the comics
    andrea: super badarse in the comics, died in the show.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    ...a good soap opera then but I am used to the British soaps which are horrendous ;3
    -K

How long do you think that Terminus sanctuary has been set up for? I would've thought the Governor would've come across it at some point from his multiple prison reconnaissance's. The sanctuary doesn't seem that far from the prison either, mostly woodland separating the two which opens onto the train tracks. And i'm sure the survivors at the Sanctuary would hear the noise from the prison battle or at least the tank shots. Also more importantly, what would make the groups place their trust in a sign stating that it's offering safety after being exposed to people like the governor for so long?
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2014-02-24 at 03:04 PM.

My head exploded when Rick put on Leon's bomber jacket from Resident Evil 4.

So what did cause the zombie apoc in the walking dead? OR is this something that was never covered in the comics and the show is making it up as they go?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

So what did cause the zombie apoc in the walking dead? OR is this something that was never covered in the comics and the show is making it up as they go?
    Never covered (yet), Eugenes contact with Washington is fake
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

might as well stop worrying about it because we are never gonna find out.

if we actually find out i will eat my hat
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Even if they do find a cure, it'll still be a long, hard job getting things back to normal. A large percentage of the world population got wiped out, communication broke down a long time ago, there is no order at all, and there will be an enormous amount of bodies to dispose of before things can get even remotely back to normal. It will be a very long road to any sort of recovery, if that's even possible at this point. I doubt it will even get started in any current character's lifespan. This kind of shit could go as far as redefining things like country borders once someone rises to power.

The only hope I can think of is that maybe some other country is still at it with some research/development going on. We're completely in the dark on what the rest of the world could potentially be doing. Didn't Dr. Jenner mention something about how the French were closer to a solution than anyone before communications with them broke down? He was one of VERY few people still alive who had seriously studied the outbreak or had any sort of clue about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if we actually find out i will eat my hat
    I will be expecting a YouTube video of said hat eating if it ever happens.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-24 at 09:19 PM.

have they said for sure that the spin off takes place in america? would be cool for the spin off to take place in another country

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't blown away, was 7/10 episode for me, a lot of filler for my liking.