Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Walkers have never been smart, and walkers can't talk, and the writers were right to prevent Shane from talking, rules gotta be consistent.
    Agreed. A walker saying a line opens too many questions about their brain activity and the science was already explained in season 1. Plus Shane saying "Riiiiick" sounds incredibly tacky even for a cartoon let alone a real action tv show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Well not talking but S1 walkers had memories and were generally smarter like Morgans wife turning door knobs or the little girl picking up teddy and walkers could climb and pick up stuff to break windows. So it hasnt been consistent anyway
    I think Morgans wife having memories is a stretch. She died in the area and was just randomly roaming around. They let her touch the doorknob and chill on the porch to make for a more emotional scene. And I'd say it worked because Morgan became a fan favorite with one episode with all that emotional conflict. Shit was real straight away. I miss season 1 :/

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Well not talking but S1 walkers had memories and were generally smarter like Morgans wife turning door knobs or the little girl picking up teddy and walkers could climb and pick up stuff to break windows. So it hasnt been consistent anyway
    I think I remember something similar being mentioned in the Telltale game as well. I did find this on TWD wikia:

There is anecdotal evidence that some retain vestigial elements of memory and personality and this is shown some repeating behaviour such as clinging to possessions, attempting to open doors, and even using large rocks to break through windows and doors.[8] Zombies though, are incredibly unintelligent and generally unable to use tools or understand the need for them. It has been hinted at that newly reanimated corpses retain some basic sense of intellect and perhaps memory, and can perform very basic tasks such as opening doors. They have no sense of self-preservation other than eating, and will not react at all to the deaths of other zombies or to potentially lethal dangers to themselves.

They also refer to a post by Kirkman:

Robert Kirkman wrote on Reddit:

...In the beginning of the show we saw walkers do things like using a rock to help bash the doors in or turning a door knob, is there a reason we've stopped seeing them do that?

"Older zombies are less together and capable or doing things like that. Fresher zombies, which there were more of in season one, are able to do more than older, more rotted zombies.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I think I remember something similar being mentioned in the Telltale game as well. I did find this on TWD wikia:

There is anecdotal evidence that some retain vestigial elements of memory and personality and this is shown some repeating behaviour such as clinging to possessions, attempting to open doors, and even using large rocks to break through windows and doors.[8] Zombies though, are incredibly unintelligent and generally unable to use tools or understand the need for them. It has been hinted at that newly reanimated corpses retain some basic sense of intellect and perhaps memory, and can perform very basic tasks such as opening doors. They have no sense of self-preservation other than eating, and will not react at all to the deaths of other zombies or to potentially lethal dangers to themselves.

They also refer to a post by Kirkman:

Robert Kirkman wrote on Reddit:

...In the beginning of the show we saw walkers do things like using a rock to help bash the doors in or turning a door knob, is there a reason we've stopped seeing them do that?

"Older zombies are less together and capable or doing things like that. Fresher zombies, which there were more of in season one, are able to do more than older, more rotted zombies.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies
    In other words, the rock against window zombie was an error by the writers/director of that episode and won't be repeated.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think the whole idea that as they age they lose any pretense of past experiences a suitable explanation to why current zombies arent as 'clever'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    High School of the Dead, zombie survival anime... lots and lots of fan service, not bad overall, at least I was enjoying it... until they decided to stop releasing it =X
    K, i'll see if the first episode is free somewhere, I never buy without trying anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I really don't have much faith for this season. The producers decision to bait the audience with glenns "death" (now they have undermined all future death scenes as well) really makes me question the direction and arc of this season and the general quality if they're having to resort to that kinda shit in the writers room.

I only hope the show picks up some steam again next season because I do really enjoy the show when its at its best.
    no. you will only have to look closer. Glenn's "death" was obvious. You saw the other guy fall on top of him, you saw the guts coming out at the wrong angle. the only question left was why the walkers didn't just drag him out from under the dumpster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Next season Trump joins the cast and attempts to cast doubt on Rick's leadership abilities by stating he's not American and asking him to produce a birth certificate. The midseason finale ends with him trying to deport Rosita to Mexico.
    he can deport Rosita to my house.

- - - Updated - - -

well, gotta like the flapping boobies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    In other words, the rock against window zombie was an error by the writers/director of that episode and won't be repeated.
    not at all, simply read what was written instead of being artificially obtuse. fresh zombies retain some vestiges of their memories. simple english.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    not at all, simply read what was written instead of being artificially obtuse. fresh zombies retain some vestiges of their memories. simple english.

Ok, Mr "simple english", why don't any of the walkers, after the first few episodes, use tools? We see more than one person come back as a walker.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

"Older zombies are less together and capable or doing things like that. Fresher zombies, which there were more of in season one, are able to do more than older, more rotted zombies."

Why do fresh zombies instantly try kill their loved ones like we've seen countless times? Egh what a ridiculous load of crap

"Older zombies are less together and capable or doing things like that. Fresher zombies, which there were more of in season one, are able to do more than older, more rotted zombies."

Why do fresh zombies instantly try kill their loved ones like we've seen countless times? Egh what a ridiculous load of crap
    They show their love by...um...biting?!? lol

10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't mention anything about emotional memories, just motor skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, nice. Still, so many odd upskirts...

Deleted
    I thought the rock thing was an easter egg to Romero´s "Dawn of the living dead" when we saw an undead use a rock to try to destroy a window.

Anyway, it´s a bit pointless to take these details like opening doors or using tools too seriusly when there aren´t any rules that actually say how a walker must behave 100% of the time, no even the protagonist know how they where created so we can assume that sometimes there can be some variations of walkers, some can retain some skills others not. It is already fiction, don´t try to make realistic something that only tries to be authentic.

There's definitely an element of inconsistency. At least in the earlier seasons. Sadly it'll be brushed aside because people generally just argue that realism shouldn't apply to a zombie show...whilst conveniently overlooking the simple fact that realism is often subject to the setting's own established rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sssh Graeham, no one likes you. <3

ALL the shows return in the middle of February. Urg, hurry the fk up already. So sick of every single show going on an infinite amount of time during the mid season. I get the reasons but it's irritating as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Sssh Graeham, no one likes you.
    What if I tell you I only really watch the show at this point for Carol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Bebe plz. Carol is my bae.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Bebe plz. Carol is my bae.
    Shane was mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure is not so you can keep telling tell us how Nick is the real villain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Doesn't mention anything about emotional memories, just motor skills.
    I just rewatched the episode where Merle turned and he could not have been zombified more then an hour or two and he nearly tripped over a corpse and lunged face first and Daryl never once trying to attack him with his knife-arm thing. It doesn't really bother me, but it did stick out when I started rewatching the series a few weeks back just how much more agile and handy they were in the first season.

There's definitely an element of inconsistency. At least in the earlier seasons. Sadly it'll be brushed aside because people generally just argue that realism shouldn't apply to a zombie show...whilst conveniently overlooking the simple fact that realism is often subject to the setting's own established rules.
    I overlook it because in the end, it really doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot. The series is at it's best when there is another group of humans for the protagonists to deal with. The stuff where the zombies are the main threat is way less interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    When zombies were a real threat were far and away the best times, but it makes no sense now that they're seasoned and out of densely populated areas.
    There still needs to be some that and not the usual ninja zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Are you sure is not so you can keep telling tell us how Nick is the real villain?
    If by 'Nick', you mean Rick...then sure, that counts too. Though that's largely because he is one of the biggest antagonists on the show. Which makes him interesting - and it's backed up by how closely he matches his comic counterpart.