Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes TV shows do cliffhangers we get it. They could have showed who died and it would have still ended on a cliffhanger.

This was a shitty copout to milk the kill, They even then tried to justfi it on Talking Dead. If they even felt 1% it was ok to do for story telling they would not have tried to justfi it.

They are milking this and I bet we don't even find out until near mid season of the next season. The other issue is the pulled the same stunt 3 times in the whole season. It gets to a point where its just bad story telling and your trying to milk the moment for ratings.
    Yeah if they would have showed the death, it would be a good subject to talk about until next season. Like you stated, if they milk it any past the first episode of s7. Then I will throw my tv out of my window and personally kick Chris Hardwick's ass

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    No, GoT specifically doesn't have cliffhangers. Most of their big episodes are in the penultimate episode, episode 9 (Red Wedding, Ned's beheading, etc). And the scene at the end of episode 10 last year was very definitive. The character in it dies. It's only a cliffhanger because people think they know what happens next, based on the source material.
    Actually, no, it's never specifically stated that he dies. He is left dying in snow at the end of the book/TV show season. It's a major cliffhanger. I mean, we now know from trailers that he does die, but then... Well, then stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yeah if they would have showed the death, it would be a good subject to talk about until next season. Like you stated, if they milk it any past the first episode of s7. Then I will throw my tv out of my window and personally kick Chris Hardwick's ass
    Yep. They could have showed the death and that would have been a much better cliffhanger.

But now I bet my left nut Season 7 starts like this. EP1(Morgan and Carol) EP2( Tara returns to find most of the group gone) EP3( Group returns mixed with more Morgan and Carol) and then maybe EP4 we get to find out who died.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Actually, no, it's never specifically stated that he dies. He is left dying in snow at the end of the book/TV show season. It's a major cliffhanger. I mean, we now know from trailers that he does die, but then... Well, then stuff.
    He was stabbed by like 20 dudes, then was lying in the snow unmoving while his blood seeped out of him. I don't see how that's "left dying" I think that's pretty definitively "left dead." Why do you think he's still alive? Because the blood is flowing out of him? That's how blood pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    But we get to see him laying there Dying/Dead. That is a much better cliffhanger then there poorly done blood covering the cam ending.

I got no issue with Cliffhangers, My issue is how they are delivered. This one was done to milk the moment and get ratings.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep. They could have showed the death and that would have been a much better cliffhanger.

But now I bet my left nut Season 7 starts like this. EP1(Morgan and Carol) EP2( Tara returns to find most of the group gone) EP3( Group returns mixed with more Morgan and Carol) and then maybe EP4 we get to find out who died.
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. "Glenn-Dumpster" all over again.

Gotta milk the Cliffhangers. Cliffhangers be gud storystelling guise.

They said in Talking Dead that the story was specifically about the confidence/arrogance of Rick and how it crumbles and is destroyed very quickly. And then they say, "That story is now concluded, next season will be the new story of the fallout of the death and how they move on." Now, I'm an amateur storyteller at best, but to me, the literal climax of Rick's downfall is Negan taking a bat to one of his core guys. It's not the denouement, it's not an afterthought, it's literally the "moment of clarity" where he realizes how badly he's fucked up. How do you not show that and then say "that story is now concluded"?
    I'm not seeing where do they say "we won't show the death from another perspective next season". What they did say is that things will change for Rick and his group and they will no longer be the top of the jungle - which is a change after half of the season of going around basically invincible, massacring various groups at every turn, believing they would never be threatened again. THAT is the story that is concluded. The next season might pick up 3 minutes before the previous one ended and show that scene from Rick's perspective. Their statement didn't root that possibility out.

And I bet they will kill someone like Aaron just to avoid killing a key character. Just think about it, imagine if this episode ended with Aaron being beaten to death? It would end up being a horrible ending and nobody would be shocked. By not revealing who got killed, they did this stupid cliffhanger, only to disappoint at the start of the next season with that dude dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    And I bet they will kill someone like Aaron just to avoid killing a key character. Just think about it, imagine if this episode ended with Aaron being beaten to death? It would end up being a horrible ending and nobody would be shocked. By not revealing who got killed, they did this stupid cliffhanger, only to disappoint at the start of the next season with that dude dead.
    That would be hilarious and the backlash would be glorious and deserved.

He was stabbed by like 20 dudes, then was lying in the snow unmoving while his blood seeped out of him. I don't see how that's "left dying" I think that's pretty definitively "left dead." Why do you think he's still alive? Because the blood is flowing out of him? That's how blood pools.
    Well, his unbreathing corpse isn't shown as found by Melisandre or someone else uninvolved in the killing. That's why I say "left dying". We are not certain that he dies at that point. He might die half a day later, humans can sometimes last a long time after suffering grave wounds. Will he die? Yeah, probably. But then we can be pretty sure that he's not definitely out of the story, because magic. This is why it is a cliffhanger, because we don't know what will happen next. When Ned Stark got his head cut off, that wasn't a cliffhanger even though his death wasn't shown on-screen, but we saw the reactions of other people. Jon Snow's murder IS a cliffhanger, because there's a possibility that he isn't just going to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the POV thing was done so they can change who they kill off. If a large enough viewer-base thinks it's a specific character, they can kill off a different one for better shock value. I personally am going with Abe. The way he was just sitting there the whole time with a "you don't intimidate me" look on his face screams "kill me". And with Negan saying "taking it like a champ" I feel like Abe has the best chance of doing that. I would imagine Glenn going down with one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Maybe the POV thing was done so they can change who they kill off. If a large enough viewer-base thinks it's a specific character, they can kill off a different one for better shock value. I personally am going with Abe. The way he was just sitting there the whole time with a "you don't intimidate me" look on his face screams "kill me". And with Negan saying "taking it like a champ" I feel like Abe has the best chance of doing that. I would imagine Glenn going down with one hit.
    They outright admitted the PoV was done so people couldn't guess who died. They knew fans would study it frame by frame to see who died.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    He was also my first choice during the episode, to be fair. He had plenty of "moments" during this season and an awful lot during this episode alone - not to mention I feel that he became closer to the viewers this last season.

But we won't know now!

I saw an interview with Greg Nicotero on Facebook where he said this episode was the best work they (the special effects team) had ever done. I read this as hype to us actually seeing Negan smash someones skull.

I would totally understand them not showing how graphic the execution would be in detail, but the cliff hanger sours the finale to what has been my favorite season so far. I feel this is one step up from them just showing Negan, we got a monologue whoop... but this could have been there Game of Thrones moment and they blew it on stereotypical TV tropes.

In reality though, I think there is a much simpler reason they didn't show it. I don't think they know who they are going to axe. I think the actors contracts for Darrel and Glen, and possibly more characters are up this season. They may well be playing out the negotiations before deciding who getting killed.

I would have maybe like that Negan made Rick choose the person. Would have added drama that Rick having to choose plus episode going on of tension between the group. Let's say Rick chose to have Abraham killed. Then maybe Sasha, Eugene and Rosita would have tension.

Edit: Now that would obviously take away Carl and Michonne surely.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2016-04-04 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they did it! Congratulations to the writers of The Walking Dead for making the finale a bigger steaming pile of horse shit than anyone could possibly imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I would have maybe like that Negan made Rick choose the person. Would have added drama that Rick having to choose plus episode going on of tension between the group. Let's say Rick chose to have Abraham killed. Then maybe Sasha, Eugene and Rosita would have tension.

Edit: Now that would obviously take away Carl and Michonne surely.
    I though thats what he was going to do. Do like a you pick someone or I pick you kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    I don't think they know who they are going to axe.
    Lucille is clearly a bat, not an axe. Get your head in the game, CGI Ogrim!

Just kidding of course. Yeah, that's actually possible.

I think Michonne or Abraham will die. Glenn and Daryl both had "you die, oh wait not really" moments in this season, so it would be kinda stupid if they got away with it few episodes ago just to die now.Carl and Rick are safe, which is implied with Negans chat right before he kills his pick. Other characters are too insignificant for their death to shock anyone, and this death is supposed to be big event that shapes next season, so killing off side characters wouldn't really matter.

Maaaaybe Eugene, but I can't see his death making Rick mad, seeing how he pretty much sent him to his death few minutes earlier in that episode. Also I doubt he is anyones favourite, so him getting the bat would be a relief for most fans (seeing that your favourite character didnt die). Rosita is boring, gay guy? can't even remember his name, sasha has 0 depth. Maggie wouldn't take the first hit like a champ, she was barely sitting already, one good hit would probably knock her out.

I also don't like it being a full season cliffhanger, I would be ok if it was mid-season, and we had to wait whole week to know who died and while dying to know now, in few months I'm afraid I won't give shit anymore (especially with GoT coming in few weeks)

Dude they're not batting a woman to death.

Feminists would go wild.