Thread: Ideal crit %?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Steady Shot has a 2.0s cast time. You need 33% to make it 1.5s.
    Why 1.5 sec, why not 1 second? Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Either you are lying or math doesnt work.
    28 mastery means you have 20 mastery from gear. 1 mastery requires a bit more than 45 mastery rating but lets just say 45. That means you reforged 900 crit rating. As we know, you can reforge 40% of a stat. That means that according to what you say you had 2250 crit rating from gear. 140 cri rating PER ITEM. Good luck finding that gear in WotLK (hint: you cant get that much)

Realistically, you can realistically get to 23 mastery AT MOST. That means sacrificing 14-15% of your crit - and still you had over 60% crit unbuffed? I am not buying that, sorry.
    He could very possibly be reading the percentage as the 'mastery' stat. If he's Marks he'd be seeing '28%' at about 15.5 mastery. 28 mastery would imply 50.4% Wild Quiver.

Oh and 1 second Steady's would require something like 2,400 haste. 1.5 is technically possible, 1 isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Reforge haste into mastery first. Stay above 50% crit and you will be fine.
    No, haste is more valuable than crit ATM, Reforge all crit to Mastery and your good, you should end up around 50%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    Why 1.5 sec, why not 1 second? Am I missing something here?
    GCD is still 1.5s until somebody can show me a blue post saying it's 1.0. Anything less is really wasted haste.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

GCD is still 1.5s until somebody can show me a blue post saying it's 1.0. Anything less is really wasted haste.
    Ghostcrawler announced that quite some time ago and it has been confirmed in game on Beta, in the PTR and now on live. Why do you need blue posts when you can verify it in game for yourself?

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....70139073&sid=1

Page 2 has a blue adding it to the useful link sticky. If that's not a good enough confirmation, dunno. Check for yourself in game. Hunters, Kitty Druids, Rogues and DK's un Unholy Presence all have 1 second GCDs.

Heck, it's even in the 4.0.1 hunter sticky in this forum...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Ghostcrawler announced that quite some time ago and it has been confirmed in game on Beta, in the PTR and now on live. Why do you need blue posts when you can verify it in game for yourself?

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....70139073&sid=1

Page 2 has a blue adding it to the useful link sticky. If that's not a good enough confirmation, dunno. Check for yourself in game. Hunters, Kitty Druids, Rogues and DK's un Unholy Presence all have 1 second GCDs.

Heck, it's even in the 4.0.1 hunter sticky in this forum...
    They sticky some of the most inane threads in that forum. As a recent example, they stickied a thread on how to become crushable. Crushable has not been a concern versus bosses since TBC, so any info on it is useless and outdated. Therefore, I would NOT trust that.

Also, what's your suggestion to "verify on live". How are you going to do it, with a stopwatch? I guess that's a way but not a very good one. There's no API function to find GCDs. The way every single addon does it (to calculate your GCD with haste) is by looking at the speed of a normally 1.5s cast spell.

I personally only trust it if its in a blue post, and if there's an API function to find it, or possibly if its calculable from combat logs.

But if GC said they changed it a while ago, then I guess it could be true. I've been trying to find his post, but my Google skills are lacking today.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

I just reforged every item I could to get mastery and I ended up with,

51% crit
    752 haste
    22% mastery

My steady shots around 1.67 casts times before imp ss buff. The only haste I reforged was on items without crit

If you get any good castbar type mod you can show it. Quartz would be a good option. Use the GCD timer in relation to your Steady Shot cast timer to see when your GCD ends in relation to Steady Shot firing. Especially useful if you can get Steady down to 1.5.

To be honest, if you can't notice the difference between 1 second and 1.5 second, meh dunno... it's kinda obvious.

Personally I reforged all my Crit on my gear to Mastery, I'm at 53% crit now, 22.60 Mastery and 27% Haste, getting ok results with that(17k at saurfang 25 hc), not really happy about hunters now atm though.

Haste and Mastery just feels so important now because my mastery is doing about 20% of my damage, and because chimera and aimed shot don't hit that hard anymore, the value of piercing shots has gone down a bit I think.

Ah well, my gear is really good, and I have no idea what kind of gear you got, so might be a big differce in how important each stat is.

Deleted
    There will be a final answer once we have a reliable spreadsheet on a reliable foundation (i.e. changes not every week). For survival I really like getting a nice chunk of haste because it really makes your rotation a lot smoother (don't forget that haste affects focus regen in two ways - base regeneration and steady cast time), so my feeling goes towards a pretty even distribution between crit/haste/mastery at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    There will be a final answer once we have a reliable spreadsheet on a reliable foundation (i.e. changes not every week).
    Fem Dwarf will only be avalible for flvl 85 - anything else will be void

Can't do that, but I can get my steady shot time down to 1.37 and the GCD resets well before the steady shot finishes casting. Take it for what its worth.

Same, my steady shot is sitting around 1.2s. With cooldowns e.g hyperspeed accelerators and rapid fire its down to 0.8 you really dont need a blue post, you can see the difference with your own eyes.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2010-10-20 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    Maybe he's still completely crit gemmed.
    You cant reforge mastery from crit gems, just from crit on gear

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Putricide, I tend to avoid other players, and unless I am on Plague duty, I just stand and do my own thing, avoiding Malleable and feigning any targeting by oozes.

Sindy P1 I just stand and spam, generally timing instants for when I am being sucked in, then immediately disengaging and using instants. P2, stand in the middle at the open, and as soon as the first tomb goes down, I go stand immediately next to it, as soon as I am at 3 stacks, I hop behind it for one blast, then move to the tail while firing instants.

LK is simple really, unless if you are going HM, then dispells jack everything up. Time focus pooling for when you will be moving due to defile.
    Putri: I didnt know that you are the special snowflake that doesnt have to eat green ooze explosions
    Sindy: maintainig ISS or having enough focus for Chimera (if you are actually using it) dont work too well with quite constant movement. Well, it is different story with AS/SS spam but in that case, I´d prefer haste
    LK: yes, I meant HC

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoinow View Post
    With 15% haste on gear, in a raid I am at 1.1s StS casts (after Imp SS proc). While focus regen is important, I don't think having much more than 16% is necessary.
    Lies.
    15% haste on gear gives you 1.33 StS cast time (together with ISS, 10% haste raid buff and 3/3 Pathing) not 1.1
    Other external speed buffs had to be there

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasaladin View Post
    Has the haste cap for hunters changed since the patch? I know that the value of haste has changed. I Am sitting at about 544 haste (16.56%) and my mastery is about 10% (Sux) If the haste cap is still the same then i should be ok. But i just don't know anymore
    Theoretically, there is a soft haste cap for MM to reach 1.0 StS cast during burst haste phases.
    It translates into:
    -18% haste on gear to reach 1sec during Hero/BL
    -9% haste on gear to reach 1sec StS during RF unglyphed

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 11:56 AM ----------

Steady Shot has a 2.0s cast time. You need 33% to make it 1.5s.
    Which you already almost are at without any haste on gear. 0 haste on gear (with ISS, Pathing 3/3 and raid haste buff gives you 30% haste which is 1.53s cast time

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:09 PM ----------

He could very possibly be reading the percentage as the 'mastery' stat. If he's Marks he'd be seeing '28%' at about 15.5 mastery. 28 mastery would imply 50.4% Wild Quiver.

Oh and 1 second Steady's would require something like 2,400 haste. 1.5 is technically possible, 1 isn't.
    15.5 mastery means 7.5 mastery from gear (however, to my best knowledge you get your mastery % only for whole point of mastery, anything that is decimal gets lost.) 7.5 mastery from gear is roughly 340 mastery rating. if 340 is 40% of a stat, then the other 60% is 510, which is roughly 11% crit. If he still has 22 crit gems, that is another 440 rating or 9.5%. Together that is a bit over 20%. That means he needs 40% crit from agility to be over 60% unbuffed, that means close to 3500 Agility while being crit gemmed. You see, even if he meant 28% mastery, he is still lying.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:11 PM ----------

Have you played since the patch went out? It is really a difference now with only 1 second cooldown. And you dont need any haste to have 1 sec CD, it is just there waiting for you

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:18 PM ----------

I personally only trust it if its in a blue post, and if there's an API function to find it, or possibly if its calculable from combat logs.
    Here you go:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qi...nt+%3D+0%0D%0A

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Reforge all your possible Haste to Mastery. If there is only Crit on an item, reforge it to mastery, too. Mastery is at the moment the best thing a hunter can do, as Marksman the extra shot is on place 2 of total damage.
    You cant reforge more than one stat on one item. Crit -> mastery is the way to go because like this you can get maximum mastery and also because you would have to sacrifice more haste% than crit% to get 1 mastery point

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badir View Post
    Haste and Mastery just feels so important now because my mastery is doing about 20% of my damage, and because chimera and aimed shot don't hit that hard anymore, the value of piercing shots has gone down a bit I think.
    Also we no longer crit for 243% but only for 204% so PS damage is lower. Also we dont fire as many shots that PS benefit from, there crit is not as good as it was. And last but not least, we now ignore maximum of 12% of armor instead of 100% which makes our Steady and Aimed crits a lot lower and therefore PS ticks for less
    Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2010-10-20 at 02:45 PM.

Putri: I didnt know that you are the special snowflake that doesnt have to eat green ooze explosions

Coz it's better for hunters not to. Stand on max range of green in the middle of the room (near Putri's table). Do max dps. If the Ooze chooses you, FD before the last second it hits you. No explosion and everyone gets about 5 seconds max DPS coz he has to repick. If you don't kill him by that time, he chooses anyone and you're already stacked.

Doubt it really matters coz of lol 30%

15.5 mastery means 7.5 mastery from gear (however, to my best knowledge you get your mastery % only for whole point of mastery, anything that is decimal gets lost.) 7.5 mastery from gear is roughly 340 mastery rating. if 340 is 40% of a stat, then the other 60% is 510, which is roughly 11% crit. If he still has 22 crit gems, that is another 440 rating or 9.5%. Together that is a bit over 20%. That means he needs 40% crit from agility to be over 60% unbuffed, that means close to 3500 Agility while being crit gemmed. You see, even if he meant 28% mastery, he is still lying.
    And he could have easily reforged some Haste as well by reforging whichever stat is higher on his gear. It would simply mean he reforged 850 points on his gear into Mastery and a lot of it was crit. He could still have the crit he referred to without much problem.

Haha. Where is your good position on Putricide, Sindy or LK?

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 03:21 PM ----------

Either you are lying or math doesnt work.
    28 mastery means you have 20 mastery from gear. 1 mastery requires a bit more than 45 mastery rating but lets just say 45. That means you reforged 900 crit rating. As we know, you can reforge 40% of a stat. That means that according to what you say you had 2250 crit rating from gear. 140 cri rating PER ITEM. Good luck finding that gear in WotLK (hint: you cant get that much)

Realistically, you can realistically get to 23 mastery AT MOST. That means sacrificing 14-15% of your crit - and still you had over 60% crit unbuffed? I am not buying that, sorry.

after re-gemming some im at 55.79% crit and for some reason armory dosen't show mastery but ill get back to you on exact numbers when im at home.

15+ Year Old Account
    They sticky some of the most inane threads in that forum. As a recent example, they stickied a thread on how to become crushable. Crushable has not been a concern versus bosses since TBC, so any info on it is useless and outdated. Therefore, I would NOT trust that.
    When they talk about being "uncrushable", they are referring to what the 102.4% USED to mean. Now, it just means you will never take an unmitigated hit if your dodge, parry, and block % adds up to above 100%. Since block blocks 30%, the most you would ever take from a hit there (ignoring armor mitigation right now) is 70%. If 70% is the highest hit you can take, then a 100% hit would be ~42% higher and would be basically a crushing blow.

And he could have easily reforged some Haste as well by reforging whichever stat is higher on his gear. It would simply mean he reforged 850 points on his gear into Mastery and a lot of it was crit. He could still have the crit he referred to without much problem.
    There are only 2-3 items that have marginally more haste than crit.
    He couldnt have that crit because he said he reforged all crit to mastery.
    850 rating points - do you know how much is that? You would have to have 2000 rating of a stat ON GEAR (crit is a stat with highest rating on hunter gear) and that is simply not feasible. You can barely get to 23 Mastery points (15 from gear, meaning almost 1700 rating on gear)

Regarding Crit.

Suggested is about 70% raid buffed so u can reach 100% at the first 20% of the fight (1/2 Careful Aim). You get about 8% crit from raid buffs/debuffs.

Regarding Haste.

Support a 1.5s SS cast time with Pathing, ISS, and the 10% raid buff with leaving a little cushion for latency and reaction times. It takes 2.33% haste to get to the 1.5s cast

Get a 1 sec StS cast time when under burst haste effects. This requires 9.6% haste for RF ungyphed, 16.5% for Potion of Speed, and 18.1% for Bloodlust. I'd say the sweet spot is about 13% haste for non-BiS gear.

This of course is subject to your gear level. I have BiS minus 3 slots and reforging to mastery and maintaining this suggested values gives me about 41% Mastery and still about 20% haste. For lower levels of gear. A drop to about 53% crit is acceptable. Spec 2/2 CA for this.

I can pull the same absolute dps pre patch with this setup. On mobile fights, it recquires a little more pre planning so you can pool focus you need when having to shoot on the go. (Sindy p2, block 2 block movement)
    Last edited by Squall13; 2010-10-20 at 02:50 PM.