Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to summon HH without client crashing

So most of you know if you mouse over the HH pumpkin this year it makes your client crash. Quite frustrating if I may say. Happens to me every time and I got lots of characters

Found a semi working and simple fix though. Simply go behind the damn thing and then you can safely click it. Just dont forget to wait for the rest of your party to log back because they most likely crashed as well

Out of 10 characters I crashed only once doing it like this (10%) and so far have had 2 mounts as well

Enjoy your holiday!

Deleted
    Didn't crash for me when I did it earlier?

Cool

Didn't crash for me, but DBM seems to have huge laggy load times since 4.0.1
    so if you're using DBM - just disable that addon - other than that, MM can
    be summoned with no problem in general.

And I finally got the freaking horseman mount today!!!!

Thanks a lot, even turning off addons didn't help me, but facing the pumpkin from behind did.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they are gonna give this mount easy away aswell?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does the mount only drop from the bag?

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 02:36 PM ----------

by the way, tip for dps/heals trying to get a que, just que as tank, he doesnt hit hard

Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    I hope so, grinded the crap out of it for 2 years, didnt even see it once...

10+ Year Old Account
    Try disabling all your addons.

Deleted
    2 mounts already eh, I did brewfest on 3 chars every day, no mount, so Im not even hoping this year, Anywho, I always stand still and make someone else do it .:P

Deleted
    the mount is contained in the bag like the hatchling and a broom stick
    i saw 2 people getting all of them at once ;<
    i just got the broomstick so far -,-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    the mount is contained in the bag like the hatchling and a broom stick
    i saw 2 people getting all of them at once ;<
    i just got the broomstick so far -,-
    I clicked my pumpkin bag and red warning text popped up on my screen saying it contained no loot. I cried.

@OP: Will give this a shot. I crashed twice earlier while doing HH. Hopefully this will help.

Just got the mount on a toon that ISNT my mount collector, super pissed that blizz would do this to me

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Even with all add-ons disabled, WoW crashes / locks up both when I zone in and zone out again. They do seem to have introduced some "interesting" quirks since last year don't they.

Edited to add: It did zone me out of the dungeon eventually, took >2mins, maybe its server overload?
    Edit 2: Seems to be 2 different issues, crashing and zoning back out. Will try the hardware cursor thing.
    Last edited by Zadoc; 2010-10-18 at 03:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disable hardware cursor, video > advanced > hardware cursor > disabled.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    It is a drop chance from the bag you win for your first kill of the day.
    Just like Brewfest.
    It's not 'easy' to get in the fact that before you could have a large number of people cycling in for summons (yeah, I did it last year when I got mine). Now, you get 1 shot per toon per day, no more multiple summons and grinding.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Horseman's reins has been massively buffed. I had only seen it once in 2 years, and today it dropped on my 2nd run.

Disabling hardware cursor worked for me too, and removed the huge lag zoning out of the dungeon again.
    Last edited by Zadoc; 2010-10-18 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I clicked my pumpkin bag and red warning text popped up on my screen saying it contained no loot. I cried.

@OP: Will give this a shot. I crashed twice earlier while doing HH. Hopefully this will help.
    I know the feeling, i crashed, had to fully reboot my PC, when I saw no loot I thought it was bugged or something, spoke to a GM who said there is a chance of no loot, your not garenteed to see loot so I guess we are just the lucky ones

Damn, I always loved the HH event. I wonder if they will do anything special for Winter Veil given it will have been shortly after the near destruction of Azeroth this year.

If I kept crashing (which I didn't luckily) I would let someone else click it