Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you get the Headless Horseman Mount?

Is it a onetime only chance each year or do we get one chance every day for the mount with the bag of extra goodies from doing the "daily" dungeon for the mount? Or does it still have a chance of dropping from the Headless Horseman himself?

It drops from the bag you get for beating HH once a day
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    and the chance isn't high, I make it about 10% based on experience.
    In other words you did it 10 times then there is a chance of it dropping once (this is purely numbers, in reality you could luck out and get it first try.)
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-10-18 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    and the chance isn't high, I make it about 15-20%
    more like 2%

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah your probably right theriat.

Quote Originally Posted by Theriat View Post
    more like 2%
    No, it definitely appears buffed from 2%. Someone got it *twice* in one bag. I would suggest it's probably somewhere around 10-15%, based purely on anecdote (obviously) at this point.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-10-18 at 05:31 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it on the first run, it seems like a buffed drop rate... sucks... =/

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try searching for it the next time, but you have one chance a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it on my 1st run as well now I don't even want to use it

From what I've seen, it seems the drop rates were buffed.
    It used to be ~2%, but you could also have alts do multiple summons.
    Maybe they buffed the drop rate since you get 1 bag per day per toon.

Oh, well, thanks for posting this thread so we get to hear all the 16 year olds gloat about how they got the mount on their first try.

Here's what you're looking for: http://www.wowhead.com/item=37012

.3% chance to drop. I don't know why people seem to think the drop rates have upped, you get a lot of people getting a shot at the mount with the dungeon finder tool. That just makes it easier so everyone is running it every day, rather than maybe running it every other day.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    No, it definitely appears buffed from 2%. Someone got it *twice* in one bag. I would suggest it's probably somewhere around 10-15%, based purely on anecdote (obviously) at this point.
    It makes sense for it to be buffed really when you think about it, old system it had a low drop rate but you could run the place 4 times a day for same loots.
    New system is only 1 run a day for the more rare loots, so I suppose the improved drop rate compensates for being able to only drop from those daily bags.
    2% * 5 attempts = 10% total chance so by my logic that would make it 10%, but it could very well have been rose even higher.
    (And then again I'm terrible at maths so that may not make any sense.)

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    Oh, well, thanks for posting this thread so we get to hear all the 16 year olds gloat about how they got the mount on their first try.

.3% chance to drop. I don't know why people seem to think the drop rates have upped, you get a lot of people getting a shot at the mount with the dungeon finder tool. That just makes it easier so everyone is running it every day, rather than maybe running it every other day.
    That pages drop rate bit hasn't been updated for a while.
    the comments have.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-10-18 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

.3 % chance to drop from HH boss himself? Obviously OLD statistics from when the mount used to drop from the BOSS. Funny that you're telling people off when you post stuff without as much as a clue yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    It makes sense for it to be buffed really when you think about it, old system it had a low drop rate but you could run the place 4 times a day for same loots.
    New system is only 1 run a day for the more rare loots, so I suppose the improved drop rate compensates for being able to only drop from those daily bags. (2*5=10 so by my logic that would make it 10%, but it could very well have been rose even higher.)

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 05:16 PM ----------

That page hasn't been updated since last year.
    I still really, really doubt Blizz upped the droprate, and there was this thread (take a look at the second post), that doesn't make a mention of them messing about with any of these things.

It's like people thinking they upped the droprate on the ZG mounts. They didn't up them at all, just more people are farming them, thus receiving them, and so people think the droprate increased.
    Secure accounts ftw!!

10+ Year Old Account
    already told him off Wries.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 05:25 PM ----------

I still really, really doubt Blizz upped the droprate, and there was this thread (take a look at the second post), that doesn't make a mention of them messing about with any of these things.

It's like people thinking they upped the droprate on the ZG mounts. They didn't up them at all, just more people are farming them, thus receiving them, and so people think the droprate increased.
    You could be right there too.
    This is all pure speculation, and they often don't publish drop rate changes in patch notes, So I doubt we'd know for sure until event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    .3 % chance to drop from HH boss himself? Obviously OLD statistics from when the mount used to drop from the BOSS. Funny that you're telling people off when you post stuff without as much as a clue yourself.
    I doubt Blizz messed with the drop rate, and you completely ignored my comment about the DFT, which makes farming for the mount incredibly easy. It used to suck being Alliance and having to fight your way into the Scarlet Monestary if there were many horde around - surely off putting to most players.
    Last edited by Willelm; 2010-10-18 at 06:28 PM.
    Secure accounts ftw!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not insult each other, please.

Deleted

Nice, call everyone 16... that will make you friends.

So far, 2 runs on every character, i have the mount on 6 out of 10 characters.

5 guildies have it

3 other friends have it.

DROP RATE has been buffed.

Deleted
    Its definatly Been buffed i also saw 2 people get in single run. just like they upped Brewfest mounts I think they did it for this also.

just got it, agree drop rate has been buffed