Do pre-completed quests grant exp reward when carried to Cata?

Hi guys.

The comic on the front page got me wondering if I actually can take now many quests, do them all but not turn in until level cap rises to 85. I know it won't be a huge advantage, but still.

What I wonder about is this: before you take the quest, the reward is printed in the quest description window. Since I am lvl 80, quest reward is gold. Will that somehow change to exp+gold if I hand it in after level cap is risen? Or will it just stay 100% gold reward?

Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    Hi guys.

The comic on the front page got me wondering if I actually can take now many quests, do them all but not turn in until level cap rises to 85. I know it won't be a huge advantage, but still.

What I wonder about is this: before you take the quest, the reward is printed in the quest description window. Since I am lvl 80, quest reward is gold. Will that somehow change to exp+gold if I hand it in after level cap is risen? Or will it just stay 100% gold reward?

It worked from TBC -> wrath.

/shrug

Yea it worked before. But honestly it wasn't really all that worth it considering one wrath quest seemed to be worth like 5 in netherstorm.

I also forgot about the fact that there won't be any portals in Dalaran and on the day of Cata we will all be ported to SW/Orgri.. so yeah.. screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie View Post
    Yea it worked before. But honestly it wasn't really all that worth it considering one wrath quest seemed to be worth like 5 in netherstorm.
    5? More like 2, IIRC.

Personally I wouldn't stock up on regular quests to turn in at the start of cata, cause it's too much flying around and such. But I WOULD stock up 25 dailies from 2-3 hubs in ICC and turn those in for a quick 550k experience to start things off.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    5? More like 2, IIRC.

Personally I wouldn't stock up on regular quests to turn in at the start of cata, cause it's too much flying around and such. But I WOULD stock up 25 dailies from 2-3 hubs in ICC and turn those in for a quick 550k experience to start things off.
    Problem still stands that getting there or back aint going to be as easy as it is now with no portals in Dalaran.

1. Buy the kirin tor ring/argent tournament tabard
    2. Set your HS in Sw/Org
    3. ??????
    4. PROFIT!
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Ever heard about the argent crusader tabard?
    IM NOT FAT, IM OBESE

i think so but xp will suck
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

The XP value of the new ones compared to the current ones will be very different.
    You can hold 25 quests at any given time, and those 25 WOTLK quests will probably be the same value as 4 Cata quests.
    It worked last time, but ultimately wasn't worth the time to go turn them all in vs going to new zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem still stands that getting there or back aint going to be as easy as it is now with no portals in Dalaran.
    Not while playing a mage

10+ Year Old Account
    The EXP from the quests won't be worth the time. And even if it was, it's the difference of doing upwards of 5 quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    The EXP from the quests won't be worth the time. And even if it was, it's the difference of doing upwards of 5 quests.
    yea..i agree

Since your hearth will already be in SW/ Org due to 4.0.3 probably removing the portals, all you have to do is log out near the quest givers, and hearth afterward. If you needed that hearth in the first thirty minutes of cata play, you're probably already doing something wrong, and how much time you loose to get a little headstart isn't really much of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    The actual time it costs you that you "could be doing uber epic leet better xp quests in new zones" is
    *Click* "Hey you have a quest to turn into me?"
    *Complete quest*
    Doesn't matter how much more exp quests give in cata, you really can't beat getting almost any amount in literally a matter of seconds.
    As stated above, get as many as you can that can be turned in in one location, turn them all in in less than 2 minutes, and then hightail it for the new zones.

It certainly won't be much of a headstart, but it also isn't a massive waste of time (if done correctly) don't let naysayers get you down.

on the day of Cata we will all be ported to SW/Orgri.. so yeah.. screw that.
    Unless something *NEW* has been stated there is not really much reason to believe this any longer. The information that this idea was based on was from along time ago, when someone asked "what happens if you log out in a place the world changes" the answer by blizzard was (paraphrasing) "We're looking at options, we might just reset everyone's home location to SW/Org" given that the world changes will happen pre-expansion, if they do still keep with this plan the mass relocation will occur before the expansion launch, so on "cata day" You'll be fine to log in/out wherever you want.
    Last edited by pinkshirtbadman; 2010-10-18 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkshirtbadman View Post
    That makes sense, actually. Might be worth then preparing the Argent Crusade dailies.