Poll: Which had the best Cinematic?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    You mean Chris Metzen, the same guy who voices Thrall, Nefarian and a shitload of other characters.
    I'm pretty sure Deathwing's voice is not Chris Metzen... now you are just generalizing...

1. Cata
    2. WotLK
    3. TBC
    4. Vanilla

Everything about vanilla sucked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    I'm pretty sure Deathwing's voice is not Chris Metzen... now you are just generalizing...
    well the first sound file was

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, it's a tie between Cataclysm and Wrath of the Lich King. So I'll stick with both.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I though this was gonna be a Cata vs. SW:TOR thread ... I was disappointed ...
    REAL ID was merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The cataclysm intro imo was the biggest letdown of all 4 intros.

I was expecting much more... than pretty graphics.
    You do realize that the Cataclysm intro was meant to show what happened when Deathwing burst out from underground and explain how all the destruction we see happened don't you? The story is inside the video it isn't all just "Pretty graphics."

Out of all 4 of the intros Vanilla was my favorite just due to the fact that the first time I saw it I just wanted to get into the game and experience the epicness that you had seen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugarr View Post
    The Burning Crusade's had the most lasting impact.
    say what? i have to say that cataclysms has the most lasting im pact. i mean it literally shows some of the changes to the world that he creates. thousand needles getting flooded, the barrens getting ripped in two, the destruction of auberdine. the TBC cinematic didnt show any lasting impacts to the game besides the draenei and blood elves...

anyways, i have to go with the wotlk cinematic, followed by cataclysm, then vanilla then tbc.

the wotlk one was just too epic to handle, i mean his dad talking to him as a boy, while showing how everything his dad said came true in the most twisted and opposite way possible? awesome.

the cata, imo, is very good because i know the lore of deathwing, and all the people saying "who are all the people putting on deathwings armor?"...first off, its not armor, its holding him together so he doesnt burst at the seems with firey rage.....
    but anyway that one is great.

the vanilla cinematic is great since its a great intro to the game, and it shows how epic world of warcraft really is.

the tbc one is just a letdown, i mean the only good part was illidans line at the end, but the rest is just a remake of the first one with draenei and blood elves thrown in. so yeah, that one was just bad.
    Last edited by Kaldriss; 2010-10-18 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Wrath had the most impact with me. But that's probably since I've been playing since Warcraft 1. I can imagine the same is not the case with newer players.

The Cata intro does give us some insight into how they're going to try to make the Cata storyline remotely as compelling as WotLK, largely I think by the characterization of Deathwing.

It's going to be difficult, because while I can understand criticizing the WotLK story as extremely derivative, it's very hard to top the basic story of Lordaeron's greatest son falling to evil through his own character flaws, then the hero Tirion leading the campaign against insurmountable odds to bring him to justice.

Deleted
    i like the original one. it has a nice flow and nice music. the others are trying much more to just overpower with big lights and flashy-fast clips.

I gotta say that i love all cinematics...but after while of thinking i have made my list from best to almost best.
    WotLK
    Illidan's TBC
    Cataclysm
    Vanilla

wtf... i hated the WotLK cinematic, thought original was the best, then cata

cata was good, but I'm a lore nut and loved the added touch of arthas's father's quotes ringing in his head as he resurrected the dragon. there was just no possible way to capture that epicness ingame, and they failed miserably in the quest where they tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

BC -- Gooooats
    Vanilla was awesome too though with the druid.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft II: Kerrigan Betrayal owns all of the WoW cinematics.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Vanilla and TBC. Because they show characters, not focused on one aspect. Wotlk and Cataclysm are too focused on their main lore villains. I guess people who prefer the lore as opposed to gameplay probably think the opposite.