Deleted

just pugged normal LK10

so i just pugged normal lich king 10 as the shambler tank. raidleader asked for tactics for everyone, my gear was decent enough (although i had a blue trinket, essence of gossamer, since GoI was nerfed to the ground) and i explained that though i did not have the achievement, i did know tactics from 4 different sources (wowhead, wowwiki, tankspot and ryutarou). so i got invited. raid setup was resto shaman, holy priest, resto druid, mage, shadowpriest, warlock, ret paladin, prot warrior, prot paladin (me) and ele shaman.

attempt 1: small adds spawn, i pull some on me with avenger's shield. first big one spawns, i taunt it when it crawls out of the ground, melee cleaves it, i can grab it with use of judgement and CS. no big issues, until i get necrotic plague on me. it's not dispelled. i die, adds roam free, i get battle rezzed, but too little too late. we wipe. i was expecting the holy priest to cleanse. was this wrong?
    attempt 2: we get past necrotic plague. once we get to phase 2, i have difficulty picking up the 2nd and 3rd raging spirit. all 3 are on the MT once the platform topples. i try to get them off him for a while. val'kyr spawns, picks up our ele shaman and drops him off the edge. people weren't standing in the center. a few seconds later, when people are standing in the center, defile spawns. i didn't know where it would land. a few moments later, i know. smack dab in the center of the platform, with 3 people in it. it grows to the entire platform. wipe again. could i have helped this?
    attempt 3: first shambler spawns. a few moments later, our MT loses aggro and the lich king starts wailing on the ranged. 2 of our healers died to necrotic plague. MT dies.

after this, the raid fell apart. only boss left was LK, and i wasn't saved to the instance either. i'm wondering how there is anything i could have done in any of these attempts.

1) ya, just dispel it yourself
    didnt notice anything else you couldve done

get a better group. fights like LK with mechanics that can easily wipe the whole group are not PUG friendly and thats a good thing IMO.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    about the dispelling, agree to what you do before engaging, but since the plague was on you, I don't understand why you didn't just dispell it.
    It's unclear if it was you or another person who had defile, but if people use a proper boss-mod, a small text-bubble will appear at the person getting it "defile on me", and that person runs away to one side, and the raid runs to the other.
    About the valkyr, it's the dps'ers job to kill them in time, but if nothing is agreed on how to slow/stun them, you can get unlucky. I guess you could have stunned them, but it's not your job as a tank to ensure that (unless that's what you agreed on)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    NOthing really wrong on your part. Seems like a bunch of raid fails. You probably could have done better with the raging tanking. I don't see why you would have trouble picking up the spirits, especially if the first one still wasn't dead (why were they attacking 2nd and 3rd if 1st is still up??). You really shouldn't have more than 1 spirit up going into phase 2, unless your dps is really that bad.

Defile obviously has nothing to do with you since you weren't in it.

edit: just noticed you are a pally. You should DEFINITELY be dispelling yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeshot24 View Post
    Your point? i pug LK10 on my server all the time, some people ive heard even have killed LK25 pugged before patch 4.0.1
    Way to not even attempt to pretend you read his post.

@nzall the only point where I think you could have done anything was the necrotic plague issue, if it was getting close to the 5 sec mark and still wasn't dispelled you could have done it yourself as a paladin since it's a disease. Everything else was just player stupidity.

going back to phase 2 with 3 ragings from 1.5 is a good indication of very poor dps, or you guys held hate so poorly they couldn't do their job.

We've found it best (and I know many others have done this too) to have the pally OT handle dispels in P1, since he's in the best position to see and handle them. Of course, whether your group had planned to do that or not, who knows.

It's a tactically heavy fight, even with the 30% buff and new talents, it's not easy, and it obviously will not go well if you have a bunch of brain-deads with you.

Oh, also: WTB patience in the playerbase, calling it after three wipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    get a better group. fights like LK with mechanics that can easily wipe the whole group are not PUG friendly and thats a good thing IMO.
    i knew i should have done /dbm version BEFORE the first attempt. only 4 had one, and i was one of them.

and the person who received defile did not move until he already stood knee-deep in it. it was not me, but i believe the holy priest.

and the shaman stood 3 feet or so from the edge. people did not move to the center to avoid defile and give the val'kyr longer to travel.