Poll: What is your "Addon of WOTLK?"

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: The addon of WOTLK

This is a curiosity poll.

Which addon should win this poll. Vote for your favorite for what was most memorable, best, most functional, best at getting blizzards attention or anything you want.

Do NOT create posts flaming any of these addons for reasons well known by others already. Posts as such will be reported.

Addon of WOTLK:

Gearscore: An addon that calculates a score, based off of item level, for a player's gear.

AVR/E: An addon that was around during icecrown that showed ingame graphics for positioning around boss mechanics that was broken by blizzard because it was against their vision (in a nutshell).

Vote for the addon of WOTLK!
    Last edited by Nangz; 2010-10-18 at 09:59 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    peggle was pretty kewl

Oh my god

Flamewar incomming
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

*Mine* was AVR, but I can safely assume the majority's was GS.
    Edit; AVR out of those 2, anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    *Mine* was AVR, but I can safely assume the majority's was GS.
    Edit; AVR out of those 2, anyway
    I wouldn't call that a safe assumption by any stretch...

The lines are clearly drawn on that one

AVR would be it if they didn't break it..but i gotta say DBM, i know it was there before wotlk but it still makes a huge difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksor View Post
    Yogg-Saron:Okay, so this whole plan is going pretty well. I've gunked up a tree inGrizzly Hills, I've enslaved the Keepers of Ulduar, and I've set up animpassable ravine between my inner sanctum and the outside world, sonobody can get in to stop me.

Kologarn: AND I WILL STAND IN IT.
    I have the energy of a bear that has the energy of two bears

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Neither, one is used to abuse game mechanics and is banned by Blizzard, the other is used by people to check a score of there gear and they base it on how good they are..which is fail.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathtanker View Post
    peggle was pretty kewl
    whats peggle??

Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    Neither, one is used to abuse game mechanics and is banned by Blizzard, the other is used by people to check a score of there gear and they base it on how good they are..which is fail.
    To be fair,

The first one is not banned by blizzard, they simply made it so the addon could not function downloading this addon will only generate errors but is not a bannable offense.

The 2nd one is a raiting based off of gear. How people take such a raiting and use it to measure someones "skill" has very little to do with what the addon is.

You know those little signs that say " you must be this tall to ride this ride" at amusement parks? Same thing as gearscore.

Ackis recipie list. I don`t like gearscore because I have facepalmed so many times at scrubs in gear that they don`t deserve. I love Ackis recipie list because it shows me what I don`t have yet.
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lolwat

DXE was the best addon of the expansion by far.

Without GS, Pugging any type of raid would have been a complete and utter joke. Yes I know that GS doesn't = skill, but without the gear, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you would still be a hindrance on the raid.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 05:29 PM ----------

You know those little signs that say " you must be this tall to ride this ride" at amusement parks? Same thing as gearscore.
    This is by far the best analogy for interpreting GS that I have seen. Perfectly explains how and why GS is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    recount.
    This

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Without GS, Pugging any type of raid would have been a complete and utter joke. Yes I know that GS doesn't = skill, but without the gear, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you would still be a hindrance on the raid.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wrath failed hard. This kind of attitude is what perpetuates Gearscore to this day.

OT: DXE was the best addon for Wrath imo, followed very closely by Addon Control Panel and maybe clcinfo.

Healbot and TellMeWhen for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Without GS, Pugging any type of raid would have been a complete and utter joke. Yes I know that GS doesn't = skill, but without the gear, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you would still be a hindrance on the raid
    What came first, the PUG or the GS?

oh wait...

AchievementFaker by far
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wrath failed hard. This kind of attitude is what perpetuates Gearscore to this day.
    Sorry to say it, but Wrath didn't fail in the slightest. Nearly 100% of the playerbase got to at least see the LK fight, and nearly that much was able to kill him. How can you honestly say that is a failure? The ability to pug raids is what allowed this to happen, and the ability to determine the gear of someone is what made the pugs able to be succesful. I don't care what you say, but if you went into ICC10 with everyone in 4500gs, you weren't even going to be able to kill Marrowgar, and this is because the lack of skill of the average wow player is so low, that higher GS requirements were required to compensate for that badness. Blame the poor playing ability of the WoW playerbase, and not the addon, because that is what made pugs fail.