Thread: ice trap macro?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, i have to admit, it actually just got from annoying to funny xD

Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    Herecius' macro works and it's what I use atm.

Too bad the trap launcher system is clunky and busted like most of our other mechanics.
    in order to fix said clunkiness they would have to take Trap launcher off the GC. Also right now any macros involving traps automatically think you want to use said traps with trap launcher. They would need to fix said macros.

Example.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]frost trap;freezing trap
    Ideally you shift click those so you get the exact thing.

But anyway with that macro or any macro like it, the ui instantly thinks you want to use it with trap launcher. Meaning IT WONT LET YOU USE IT WITHOUT HAVING TRAP LAUNCHER ACTIVATED. Its very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    in order to fix said clunkiness they would have to take Trap launcher off the GC. Also right now any macros involving traps automatically think you want to use said traps with trap launcher. They would need to fix said macros.

Example.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]frost trap;freezing trap
    Ideally you shift click those so you get the exact thing.

But anyway with that macro or any macro like it, the ui instantly thinks you want to use it with trap launcher. Meaning IT WONT LET YOU USE IT WITHOUT HAVING TRAP LAUNCHER ACTIVATED. Its very annoying.
    I'm glad someone actually understood what riptor was saying. As for a solution I think you're out of luck though. If any trap in a macro cant be activated atm without trap launcher being activated 1st, i dont see anyway around it. You'll just have to wait until the problem is corrected.

In the mean time though, while it would take up more space, you could always just assign a keybind with a mod to ice trap and a seperate keybind for w/e other ability you want. Unless you're a clicker this would work out to almost the same thing.

Unfortunately:

/cast[nomod] trap1
    /cast[mod:shift] trap2
    /cast[mod:alt]trap3

Is a bread and butter macro - esp in BGs, I m cripped in BG at mo with out it. I have trap launcher macros set up for mainly PvE but they are too clunky for PvP.

I Just wasted 10m of my life to reading this nonsense......Please stop posting stupid, meaningless shit about how to do something..... It's annoying and it wastes peoples time when they want to understand your question and help you with a solution.

mark my words, Blizzard will change trap launcher to something like "call pet #" but different trap launcher traps.
    when? soon™

Trap macros are broken (other than snake trap). The alternative is to make a macro that simulates a mouse click on the button dragged out of the spell book that is somewhere else on your bars. Look up how to do this on wowwiki (simulate mouse clicks, that is)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, if i followed everything in between the nonsense, I think the main issue is the following:

imagine there are 2 traps used in the game, for each trap.

So snake trap1 and snake trap2

snake trap 1 is the one we used to have
    snake trap 2 is the one that the launcher uses for it's specific mechanic, since coding doesn't allow the launcher to use snake trap 1

snake trap 2 can not be used without the launcher at all, heck it even says it needs a ranged weapon on it's tooltip...

when writing a macro, the game automatically picks snake trap 2, whatever you try to write.
    This means no macro actually uses the 'normal' snake trap 1 which we put on the ground.
    This means the macro can not put down a simple snake trap on the ground ever.

The macro however, can work fine in a castsequence with the trap launcher, since the macro automatically uses snake trap 2 anyway.

This is a THEORY, I have no coding, technical, game info... proof for this at all.

But when looking at what the tooltip says on a trap macro, and when seeing that I can not macro a trap to be put down on the ground either... this is what I THINK is happening.

edit: I saw a post on elitistjerks hinting at something like this, and that made me think in this direction further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Predatard View Post
    mark my words, Blizzard will change trap launcher to something like "call pet #" but different trap launcher traps.
    when? soon™
    I hope they don't - or if they do make it so we can make a macro similar to

/call pet 2

Already I am sick of this fancy pop out box to "click" my pet - I wanna mash a bind god dammit.

Also it's safe to say there will be an addon to handle all the traps and such released in the near future similar to "clique"

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar23 View Post
    I'm glad someone actually understood what riptor was saying.
    yeah, that sort of thing tends to happen when you dont need a drawn diagram to decypher something as simple as "ice trap" and "macro".

reading is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by riptor View Post
    yeah, that sort of thing tends to happen when you dont need a drawn diagram to decypher something as simple as "ice trap" and "macro".

reading is half the battle.
    At least 9 people who responded trying to HELP didn't understand either what the problem was or what you were asking for. In the future, help us humble illiterate folks out a little more. Believe it or not I have a hunter AND use macros but wasn't aware of this "obvious" problem. I'm sure the other people who tried to help appreciate your thanks though and are looking forward to helping next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar23 View Post
    In the future, help us humble illiterate folks out a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptor
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar
    please explain what you want the macro to do
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    i'm confused, do you want a macro for ice trap
    ill draw you a picture next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, another 12 year old browsing these forums expecting someone to hold his hand and do everything for him, how cute.

Seriously Riptor with 12 posts I don't know how anyone can take you seriously with out assuming that they just got trolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to ban him as a spam bot, because that's the only way to permaban.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!