Thread: buff again?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

buff again?

Hey fellow mages.

lates patch note has just hit the front page..
    and am i the only one who wonders why we are getting buffed again to 25% across the board?

That is for cata not now, its just rebalancing back to fix the "nerf" they just gave us.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That is for cata not now, its just rebalancing back to fix the "nerf" they just gave us.
    Yeah, the nerfs were already hotfixed in, of course, but they already stated the coefficients/spells/abilities were where they wanted them for Cata and lvl 85.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

ye but didnt blizz say they had to do something about our dmg?

they stated them self that we did way to mcuh dmg. especially fire..
    then why buff it again to 25%?
    are they going to tweek every spell insteed?

Quote Originally Posted by mrKanin View Post
    ye but didnt blizz say they had to do something about our dmg?

they stated them self that we did way to mcuh dmg. especially fire..
    I think when they said that they were talking about level 80 mages on live being really OP, while 85 mages are closer to where they want them (at least that's how I understood it). So the nerf was just a temporary one so that people didn't bitch like crazy for the months leading up to cata when things will be "balanced" again.

The info on the home page isn't for the live version of the game its for the cata beta currently being used. In live mage dmg was too high before the nerf, some would say still to high after it. For cata with the way spells and gear scales the increase back up to 25% will rebalance us.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    I think when they said that they were talking about level 80 mages on live being really OP, while 85 mages are closer to where they want them (at least that's how I understood it). So the nerf was just a temporary one so that people didn't bitch like crazy for the months leading up to cata when things will be "balanced" again.
    Yeah for some reason ppl in pve and pvp had issues with mages hitting for over 100k on multiple spells and almost doubling dps once the patch went live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by mrKanin View Post
    Hey fellow mages.

lates patch note has just hit the front page..
    and am i the only one who wonders why we are getting buffed again to 25% across the board?
    No dude, you're not understanding..

The changes on the front page are changes for the Beta Build... it's only for the people playing Beta.. mages are not getting buffed back to 25% on Live Realms.

I sure hope so, because even after the the changes on live mages still dominate the dps charts, just not as much as before 4.0.1.
    If it's a gear/scaling issue, then why don't warlocks get the same treatment in advance for 85?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    No dude, you're not understanding..

The changes on the front page are changes for the Beta Build... it's only for the people playing Beta.. mages are not getting buffed back to 25% on Live Realms.
    we are when cataclysm goes live :P

Quote Originally Posted by Roker View Post
    we are when cataclysm goes live :P
    and i was looking forward to world pvp while levelling! shame it wont be very balanced

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Yea one of our top raiding guilds posted a recount on Deathbringer 25 man HM that showed one of the top geared mages doing over 80k dps. Im ok with them having kept the mages and locks at full power for one because it made raiding something you could do while watching TV.
    I'd like to see a picture of this.

Finally they reverted the nerfs on the beta. I didn't understand why they want to punish the beta players for the balance mistakes on live. Especially since the raid testing just started.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Yea one of our top raiding guilds posted a recount on Deathbringer 25 man HM that showed one of the top geared mages doing over 80k dps. Im ok with them having kept the mages and locks at full power for one because it made raiding something you could do while watching TV.
    I lol'd

This buff is just the first thing needed to help us out on beta. Next is something concerning our awful mana situation as fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    This buff is just the first thing needed to help us out on beta. Next is something concerning our awful mana situation as fire.
    our mana situation is not that bad as fire.. u just use mage armor on trash and molten on boss.. and if u find our self going oom in boss fights try using mage armor..

im not trying to be a troll or just a jerk... but obviously you wasn't looking at the recount live stream.... the mages were doing 7k-10k dps in the raid.... after the "patch" they weren't still doing "op" dps. I don't know where you got that information from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansonsv2 View Post
    im not trying to be a troll or just a jerk... but obviously you wasn't looking at the recount live stream.... the mages were doing 7k-10k dps in the raid.... after the "patch" they weren't still doing "op" dps. I don't know where you got that information from.
    he was confusing beta with live. and i'm guessing you're referring to beta, which would make sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    I sure hope so, because even after the the changes on live mages still dominate the dps charts, just not as much as before 4.0.1.
    If it's a gear/scaling issue, then why don't warlocks get the same treatment in advance for 85?
    Possibly because you don't need it? Think real hard before you post.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 12:53 PM ----------

Also, I called this buff on Sunday. Gimme cookies plox.
    BfA Beta Time

New Info (Today)
    •Arcane Specialization now increases damage of your Arcane spells by 25%, up from 15%.
    •Fire Specialization now increases damage of your Fire spells by 25%, up from 10%.
    •Frost Specialization now increases damage of your Frost spells by 25%, up from 15%

Old Info (4 days ago)
    •Arcane Specialization now increases damage of Arcane spells by 15%, down from 25%.
    •Fire Specialization now increases damage of Fire spells by 10%, down from 25%.
    •Frost Specialization now increases damage of all Frost spells by 15%.

only took 4 days heh

i thought its was supposed to only be dropped to 15 percent for fire mages, i guess i missed it when they bumped it to 10