Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    One thing I'm surprised about is the lack of whining on losing their shiny epics, sure there are tons of threads about it but not millions like it been before :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramoth View Post
    this.. do some research and see how much damage players are putting out at level 85.. right now in heroic gear 10-15k dps... if they are lucky some much much less than that but everyone has a health pool of 70000+

"this game is balanced right now around level 85"
    The idiocy of the OP aside, I've been wondering about that. Reports seem to indicate that level 85 heroic DPS is in the 15k range or so, which sounds fine. However, some classes are already approaching that amount, and I'm having some trouble seeing how this will all even out in the end. Some classes are, at 80, nearly at the apparent goal DPS level of 85, the maximum level of the next expansion. Other classes will need their current DPS tripled or quadrupled in order to get there. I just want to understand how the process of going from 80 to 85 can even that out so much. One class needs its DPS multiplied several times while another can barely tolerate any increase at all without exceeding the goal. Is Cata going to make certain classes scale head over heels and others barely? Most of them get only two more abilities, many of which have little influence on actual DPS numbers.
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2010-10-20 at 10:36 AM.

ppl saying 50k arcane blast crits will be balanced at 85 makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    ppl saying 50k arcane blast crits will be balanced at 85 makes me laugh
    people thinking that this will be the case makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Seekzor View Post
    people thinking that this will be the case makes me laugh
    Why? Ok, you need much more crit and haste ratings at 85 to achieve same crit and haste as now, but SPD and INT don't inflate with leveling, whey only increase. So if it's possible to achieve 50k blasts with current spd, they'll be even greater with lvl 85 gear.

And yes, I played the BC to WotLK transition. And I think it'll be balanced, maybe in 4.2 patch or later. And some overpowered now classes would be completely nerfed and unplayable, like they nerfed DK and Ret pvp damage, so it was impossible to kill somebody in 2vs2 arena.

To those, talking about spell ranks, and high base damage. I believe there are still "hidden spell ranks", that scale with our level(like heirloom items), so we don't get spell ranks for lvl 85 at 80 level.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-10-20 at 12:23 PM.