Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Moonkin VS Mage: Nerfs

According to the blue post about the so called upcoming changes, it seems all 3 mage speccs are getting back their previous numbers (i.e Forst specialization to 25%, up from1 5% etc. ) but not a single word for Moonkin's Moonfury that was previously nerfed.
    Is it ok i am annoyed?

well, there will be mages in your raid, be happy for more dps for 1 raidmember xD
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

both classes are op as hell atm, stop your whining..

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    both classes are op as hell atm, stop your whining..
    I have the right to react the way i want, is that clear?
    And being both classes OP, while buffing one of them sounds unfair that was MY point

Quote Originally Posted by prison_break View Post
    According to the blue post about the so called upcoming changes, it seems all 3 mage speccs are getting back their previous numbers (i.e Forst specialization to 25%, up from1 5% etc. ) but not a single word for Moonkin's Moonfury that was previously nerfed.
    Is it ok i am annoyed?
    Moonfury wasn't nerfed to my knowledge. IS and a few other spells were. Those changes may not need to be changed back because they only effected the current "ranks" - leveling to 81 would removed said nerfs.

While mages had their specialization nerfed period which had an impact on all levels. The hotfix was sent over to Beta (I doubt intentionally) and is now being removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Crystal, but still, stop your whinging, no point in complaining here. Go whine on the official forums.

And being both classes OP, while buffing one of them sounds unfair that was MY point
    You sound like a premature kiddie that mourns the loss of its lollypop. Of course you can tell your opinion, but what you are literally whining about is just ridiculous. And yes, it is okay when boomkins are a little bit underneath mages damagewise assumed both are well geared and have equal skill. Besides.. That is a beta patch your talking about. The numbers are being corrected for the beta and not for live. People like you make me sick. Whining about every little bit totally forgetting that the design is for 85 and not for 80. Do you have any idea of what the raid environment on 85 will be? What class will be top in dmg and so on? No? Cool, cuz nobody does. Everything is broken right now for 80, so why the fuck keep bothering. Just learn your class anew and see what cata has for you. Then you may cry.

Deleted
    From what i`ve seen on the first released boss fights, prot paladin`s are topping meters.
    So no worries bout real dps classes atm

The mage being changed back to the original 25% is only for beta, Live still got the nerfed version and they could still need a few "nerfs" imo, im doing anywhere between 50k and 75k crits as arcane, loads of fun for sure, but for wolk stats, its op!

And yes, people should stop all this whine bout the game being op, Cata stats in a wolk system is bound to be screwed up, live with it until cata!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Moonfury wasn't nerfed to my knowledge. IS and a few other spells were. Those changes may not need to be changed back because they only effected the current "ranks" - leveling to 81 would removed said nerfs.

While mages had their specialization nerfed period which had an impact on all levels. The hotfix was sent over to Beta (I doubt intentionally) and is now being removed.
    It was nerfed to 15% (down from 25%)

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    You sound like a premature kiddie that mourns the loss of its lollypop. Of course you can tell your opinion, but what you are literally whining about is just ridiculous. And yes, it is okay when boomkins are a little bit underneath mages damagewise assumed both are well geared and have equal skill. Besides.. That is a beta patch your talking about. The numbers are being corrected for the beta and not for live. People like you make me sick. Whining about every little bit totally forgetting that the design is for 85 and not for 80. Do you have any idea of what the raid environment on 85 will be? What class will be top in dmg and so on? No? Cool, cuz nobody does. Everything is broken right now for 80, so why the fuck keep bothering. Just learn your class anew and see what cata has for you. Then you may cry.
    JayJay09
    Not only does your comment make you sound like a tool, it’s not even relevant to the OP’s comment. You’re the one that sounds like the whimpering kid. Go troll your own forum.
    With the changes to the balance druids utility (buff changes, 30 min BR shared CD) the spec is more about DPS then ever. With that said I want my potential dps output to be equal to other caster dps so yes I’m concerned and glad that people are inquiring to make sure it’s not something that get’s looked over.

At no time did the OP whine, in fact the only whining is from the other class trolls visiting this forum.
    Please go cry elsewhere!

so 2 classes being really overpowered and blizzard tries to balance them out, they nerfed one class too much and ur already crying yet you do more damage than him?

This game has too many 16yr olds too immature and unpatient to let the game developers do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    so 2 classes being really overpowered and blizzard tries to balance them out, they nerfed one class too much and ur already crying yet you do more damage than him?

This game has too many 16yr olds too immature and unpatient to let the game developers do their job.
    I did not cry my friend and i am not 16 anyway.
    I only pointed out that one of the classes that were nerfed seem to get their previous numbers back while moonkins, for the time being, aren't. And i pointed out that IF that happens i will be annoyed. Isn't this a normal and reasonable reaction? I never said i am sad or disappointed with the Balance changes that we saw with the introduction of this patch.
    And it really feels sad and unfair that whoever points out something that seems awkward to him is automatically getting the whinning stigma.

Stop thinking of every. little. change. as a buff or a nerf. Until you hit 85 and can activly play the class, nothing is a buff or a nerf- it's all balancing. Think about it, on a PTR if a ptr hotfix goes up that takes something that wasn't up in live and alters it- is it a buff or nerf? NO It's balancing. :P

Trust blizzard in what they are doing. And honestly- complaining that they buffed one class and not another? Seriously? I mean come on man. Frost is in a bad place ATM. The dps is crap by comparison to the other 2 specs. Fire Frost and Arcane are all weaker then equally geared DKs, boomkins, and Warlocks as well. (The highest dps spec is arcane spamming ABlast in a "Burn" Rotation- and even with that I'm being out dpsed by those. You can't say it's a skill issue..'cuz spamming ABlast is hrd ya'know? Nor a gear issue- we were all in 251-264 gear.)

Just trust blizzard, and wait. Theirs no reason to whine about every change on beta, nor any changes to us on MMO-champs. IF you want to actually be useful and get something done- post it on blizz suggestions or general. The backlash from the community is part of what gets these things fixed. Mmo-champs is NOT how to get things fixed. It's just how to show to other people you can whine while getting nothing done. Whine on blizz forums, and you whine while getting things done at least.

I like that people dont know what they are talking about.
    Totaly off subject.
    The mage nerf for fire specialization , frost and arcane was ment to go for lvl 80. They put it on lvl 85 by mistake.
    At lvl 85` was balanced.
    atm mages at 85 are pretty shit with the nerfs they got for 80 , thats why they reversed it.

"A lot of these changes are most likely the hotfixes we saw on live servers. They probably do not reflect how Blizzard wants to build classes at 85"
    From the news post.
    learn2know what your talking about.

The buffs were at Cata Beta Build , if you open your eyes and read.
    On Live , it just says 25% , its a visual bug dont worry.

Basicly all the QQ`s i hear are from Live users when actualy the changes are ment for lvl 85 Cataclysm Beta - Build 13202 (Codename Pumpkin)....................
    Last edited by ibogdandx; 2010-10-19 at 03:19 PM.

Ibogdandx
    I think this is the feedback the OP was looking for minus the attitude.

The OP never claimed to know anything and only questioned what seemed like a reversal of mage changes with no mention of balance druids being reversed.

WTF is wrong with you people? Do you all feel the need to be douche bags?
    If they posted that Balance Druids were getting a 25% boost from 15% without mention of Mages getting the same treatment people would be losing their minds.

Buffs to mages were Beta, not Live Servers.
    No need to panic yet.

Also, stop the flaming. /sigh.
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory

Ofc wasnt needed for flame , i didnt flame just saying.
    Most of people that post and make topics never read whats actualy happening.
    The nerf for lvl 85 for Insect Swarm was needed aswell , since was doing ridiculous damage compared to any other class. Insect Swarm in a lot of casses was nr1 top dps ability for Boomkins , and that wasnt intended.
    Last edited by ibogdandx; 2010-10-19 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    I want to turn this back on track. Lets start over:

OP, do you think that moonkins need a buff? Cause I've gotta tell you, the nerf didn't quite take. Most reports I'm getting, as well as my own observations in raids, say that we are still very powerful. I am still in the top 3 DPS on any fight where I don't mess up my rotation. Personally, I think we are just fine.

Do *you* think a moonkin buff is warranted?

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    I want to turn this back on track. Lets start over:

OP, do you think that moonkins need a buff? Cause I've gotta tell you, the nerf didn't quite take. Most reports I'm getting, as well as my own observations in raids, say that we are still very powerful. I am still in the top 3 DPS on any fight where I don't mess up my rotation. Personally, I think we are just fine.

Do *you* think a moonkin buff is warranted?
    Qieth i am very happy with my moonkin too and topping the meters even before the patch. My only concern is how we are going to compete with mages (a class that receives several criticism for being OP in PVP the way it is right now) if they get their previous buffs back. For the time being we do not need any kind of buffs but if other classes, i.e mages, ferals, start taking them then we'll probably need some too. I hope that makes sense

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    The highest dps spec is arcane spamming ABlast in a "Burn" Rotation- and even with that I'm being out dpsed by those. You can't say it's a skill issue..'cuz spamming ABlast is hrd ya'know? Nor a gear issue- we were all in 251-264 gear.
    This is the only real problem, and it doesn't really matter because they cant do that at 85 unless they want to be oom 1/4 the way into the fight.