Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Enhancement Fixes

Hello all,

I see that the sky is falling, so I'm replying with my own suggestion for Omanley's thread. Why make it a separate thread? Because this is about big changes not little fixes.

Let's face it, Searing Totem mechanic is clunky, and I can't really imagine how Blizzard could tie such an important mechanic to an unreliable totem.
    Let's start with fixing that.

The fix is a new spell, called Flame Shield. It's a new shield spell, that would replace Lightning Shield (for Enhancement).
    It acts the same way as Searing Totem, and with that said I would remove the totem completely.

Now this shield would attack the target you are targeting in combat(every second). It does not have charges, but has a 30 second duration.
    This spell, would also make YOU a walking fire totem, meaning if you have Flame Shield on, you can cast Fire Nova from yourself.

To help in PVP I would add in place of Searing Totem a new fire totem named Sentry Totem (guess what this does). No it's not the old Sentry, it's one that has the effect of the Hunters Flare spell. It breaks stealth in it's radius.

Ok, let's see the talent changes:
    1. I'd add Flame shield to Improved Shields (duh).
    2. Static Shock switches place with Searing Flames. Searing Flames now effects Flame Shield bolts.
    3. Static Shock reworked, now called Overload (2 point): Your Stormstrike and Shock spells have a 15/30% chance to reset the CD of your Lava Lash.
    3.5. Overload: Your Searing Flames tics have a 10/20% chance to reset the CD of Lava Lash.
    (we needed more attacks, let's put some chance on that)
    4. Improved Fire Nova: Increases Damage by 10/20%, and has a 50/100% chance to stun for 2 seconds.
    (Now we have a stun every 10 seconds...for a hefty amount of mana).
    5. Improved Lava Lash nerfed: Increases Lava Lash damage by 10/20% for Searing Flame stacks only. (See why nerf later)
    6. I was also thinking of giving Shamanistic Rage stun removal, but that would be too much I think (still discuss the possibilty).
    7. Feral Spirit on a 1 min cooldown, but lasts only 10 seconds. (not needed, would make us more versatile)

Finally,

I would Change Dual Wield (the primary talent), to increase offhand weapon damage by 30%(or 50%). (This is why i removed it from Improved Lava Lash).

Please tell me your opinions!

TL|DR:
    Did not add optional changes.
    Removed Spells:
    Searing Totem.
    New Spells:
    Flame Shield: Attacks your target every second with fire damage, and you are considered as a fire totem (don't know how else to phrase it).
    Sentry Totem: Removes stealth in it's radius.
    Talent Changes:
    Improved Shields: Added Flame Shield.
    Searing Flames: now affects Flame Shield bolts.
    Overload (in place of Static Shock): Your Storm Strike and Shock spells have a 15/30% to reset the CD of Lava Lash.
    Improved Lava Lash: Removed static damage increase, only Searing Flames effect stays.
    Primary Talent Change:
    Dual Wield: Also increases offhand weapon damage by 30%.

I did not add the obvious bugs the class has, it's a must that they fix them.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-10-19 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Bugs

10+ Year Old Account
    ok seriously... Does blizzard read these alot of people have a lot of solid ideas but does this go newhere?

15+ Year Old Account
    It goes nowhere, when postedo n the MMOC forums...

This needs to be posted on the official BETA/Live suggestions forums for Blizzard to take note.

10+ Year Old Account
    so we are getting nowhere?

overall nice idea with flame shock, but some unanswered questions i'd say:
    1.)flame shield allows the use of fire nova, does that mean it counts as a fire totem AND elemental shield? or rather its only an elemental shield, but still allowing the use of an fire totem?
    2.)in terms of the latter, it would allow to use searing totem/magma totem/fire elemental as before, maybe with searing totem as the best single target ability when fire elemental is of cd. i'd still miss the old fn 6sek cd, but maybe lower cl cd will make up for that somehow
    3.)flame shield would attack our target every second, would that work while cc'ed? would that work on range? sounds a little OP us suddenly having passive auto shot which works while moving. would this mean we reach the maximum ammount of stacks in 5 seconds? would be much better than having to w8 10 seconds to finally unleash it in pvp even when it's off cooldown.
    4.)sentry totem is kinda not fitting in with the rest of the thread. in terms of imp fire nova... mmm the old imp fire nova was on the totem, which was destroyable and with 2 seconds until it went off. as both would not be able to be said above the new fire nova spell, i can imagine this being to much. maybe put an intern cooldown on it, but increase the duration to 3 seconds (like, your fire nova stuns your surrounding enemies for 3 seconds. this cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds) this would also allow for imp fire nova to also reduce the cooldown, to make aoe more fun
    5.) in terms of actual lava lash damage, it's to hard to say wether or not it would do more or less damage than now, so i wont say anything about that. would have to be tweaked. but i like the overall idea of it working similar to lava surge for ele.
    6.) dw idea: yeah. the others have it as well, so why not. again, number tweaking required. doing the same damage with both hands would enable us to a much bigger choice of imbue combinations also ( windfury on offhand, frostbrand on main or vice versa in pvp. also it's kinda werid to have our largest hitting ability from our offhand, which has a damage penalisation.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-10-19 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I can not post on official forums, since I'm not subscribing, if you want you can post it.

Omanley:
    Flame Shield: is an elemental shield that acts as Searing Totem, and enables you to cast Fire Nova from yourself, like a Mage's Blast Wave. So yes, you can still use other fire totems.
    Fire Nova: good idea, we could increase the stun duration to 3 seconds, and put a 30 second internal CD on it. AoE will not play such a big role in PVE anymore, but i guess we could reduce it's CD, you will OOM yourself if you spam it too much anyway.
    Sentry Totem: yes, but i wanted to give some PVP utility for the class (it's a fire totem).

And completely invalidate Static Shock after they allow Lightning Shield to crit? No thanks. This is not a shield. If it were a shield it would last for ten minutes, have charges, and be dispellable. This is not a fix for anything.

Deleted
    Post it on blizz forum plz,would like this to happen in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    And completely invalidate Static Shock after they allow Lightning Shield to crit? No thanks. This is not a shield. If it were a shield it would last for ten minutes, have charges, and be dispellable. This is not a fix for anything.
    before 4.0.1, lightning shield never lasted those 10 minutes, earth shield wont ever last that that long either, and water shiedl originally only lasted 1minute.
    aside from that, earth shield is only avaiable to resto, unlike the other two.

guess what? they dont have to be the same except for their effect.

and static shock was a meassure to actually make lightning shield useful. since they did that for elemental now as well, they might as well give us a new shield to play with.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Do you really think you're going to get Blizzard to give us something under the pretense of a shield that's not actually a shield? They wouldn't introduce a judgement that has has no trademarks of other judgements. It's just the way they work.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Do you really think you're going to get Blizzard to give us something under the pretense of a shield that's not actually a shield? They wouldn't introduce a judgement that has has no trademarks of other judgements. It's just the way they work.
    I don't see why you are so much against it, Flame Shield would be a shield spell as in, it would be a flaming ball swirling around you, which attacks targets in combat. Just because it works a little differently doesn't make it less of a shield spell. Fire has always been the agressive element, so i think it fits.

I don't like the idea of fire nova becoming a PBaoe. I'm not a mage, i'm a shaman.
    I also don't like the idea of removing one of the most active totems we have. Even though it is a bit clunky, Searing totem pewpewing and stacking a dot is still more interesting than yet another passive buff totem.

I do agree though that static shock could do with some changes. I don't like your incarnation of it - the CD reset mechanic is creeping over too many classes - i'd like to see it stay as something that works off lightning shield, but something that we have a bit more control over, or that syncs up with our other abilities.
    Like maybe they could up the proc chance, but make it only proc within a certain window aftercasting SS or LB. Or have it as is, but the proc chance increases during those times.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by Hegar View Post
    I don't like the idea of fire nova becoming a PBaoe. I'm not a mage, i'm a shaman.
    I also don't like the idea of removing one of the most active totems we have. Even though it is a bit clunky, Searing totem pewpewing and stacking a dot is still more interesting than yet another passive buff totem.

I do agree though that static shock could do with some changes. I don't like your incarnation of it - the CD reset mechanic is creeping over too many classes - i'd like to see it stay as something that works off lightning shield, but something that we have a bit more control over, or that syncs up with our other abilities.
    Like maybe they could up the proc chance, but make it only proc within a certain window aftercasting SS or LB. Or have it as is, but the proc chance increases during those times.
    Yes, you are a Shaman, and mobility is your weakness. I think that any offensive abilities should be on the Shaman and not on totems, totems should work as utility and buffing spells. At least that's what I think, you are free to disagree with me, I can see your point too. All I say is, making Shaman life more convenient not less complex is something to aim for. Fire Elemental is still there, Magma is still there, and Fire Shield has a 30 second CD, because I want the Shaman to need to maintain it. It's a very active spell.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-10-20 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hegar View Post

A mage is a ranged class, but blast wave is obviously a spell more matching a melee than a caster.
    Still you are saying that a spell matching a melee playstyle far better than some stupid totem, that cannot be used at the same time as another stupid totem that carries our new rotation?

Passive buff totem? Who talked about that? It's a passive elemental shield that shoots fire bolts at your target. It's essentially exact the same as searing, but mobile, non 1 hittable by a holy ptriest mace or an angry squirell.

I myself find being surrounded by a flaming ball that attacks our targets while still giving the impresion of protection (maybe add orbs, that damage attackes as well) of fire more epic than some boring totem.

And lol about the cooldown creeping over argument. We are essentially like ret now. We already were similar to them in cata (bound to cooldowns, not recourses) but rarely ever had to much dpsing time not having to do anything. Now that this is the case for enhance, what's wrong giving us a similar mechanic than our plate cousins, who got their playstyle considerably buffed *again*?.

How to "fix" Enhance:

Step 1. Remove ICD from WF weapon.
    Step 2. Allow Lava Burst to be cast instantly with Maelstrom Weapon.

Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by drulz View Post
    How to "fix" Enhance:

Step 1. Remove ICD from WF weapon.
    Step 2. Allow Lava Burst to be cast instantly with Maelstrom Weapon.

Thats all.
    Though i agree that lvb would be nice, it would not help us much because it's a cooldown tied to a ppm. It just doesn't work, which is the reason it was removed. I could see it work with ll giving a xx% chance per sf charge to make the next lvb instant however.
    Removed wf icd would (most likely) be to powerful, i wouldn't say know to a mechanic similar as mentioned above lowering it, scaling on haste for example.

and that's certainly not all our concerns, i'm afraid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Though i agree that lvb would be nice, it would not help us much because it's a cooldown tied to a ppm. It just doesn't work, which is the reason it was removed. I could see it work with ll giving a xx% chance per sf charge to make the next lvb instant however.
    Removed wf icd would (most likely) be to powerful, i wouldn't say know to a mechanic similar as mentioned above lowering it, scaling on haste for example.

and that's certainly not all our concerns, i'm afraid.
    10% per SF tick to allow LvB instant cast.
    LL dont remove SF stacks
    You can only have 1 SF stack at the same time. (on different targets)

This maybe?

20% chance per sf charge when using ll. 5 charges on your target => 100% chance that for the next 3 seconds your lvb is instant cast.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-10-20 at 01:07 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I don't see why you are so much against it, Flame Shield would be a shield spell as in, it would be a flaming ball swirling around you, which attacks targets in combat. Just because it works a little differently doesn't make it less of a shield spell. Fire has always been the agressive element, so i think it fits.
    You could have it work like the Lightning Shield/Static Shock works and have the stack applied by a chance on hit as well as if you are struck the attacked gets a stack. Say 20/40/60% chance talented or something along those lines, I think 100% chance is a bit OP as youd be stacking a full debuff in 5 swings (and if our haste levels ever come close to that of WotLK we will be getting full stacks in 3 seconds). 50% chance give or take isnt to bad, every second hit or thereabouts. Also have it consume the charges on your shield, give us something extra to use a GCD on.

Hell you could even tie it in with Flametongue imbue (if Elemental didnt share the imbue with us). A weapon with the Flametongue imbue has a 50% chance of burning your enemy so on and so forth stacking up to Five times, Lava Lash digs into the burn causing a critical strike. You get the picture.

Either way, a direct way to stack the charges is what we need. Rather than relying on a totem.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2010-10-20 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    It wouldn't be introduced as a shield with the day you described it. Period. If they were to introduce a brand new spell there are hundreds of better ideas than this. That is why I'm against it.