Thread: World of macros

Deleted

World of macros

I've been hearing complaints that warriors (arms at least) have a lot of buttons for pvp. That is not necesarily true. Not if you macro a bit. I will now show you some simple macros that will make your life easier:

Now, before you ask, NO, there is no efficient 1 button Charge/Intercept. Not for arms (juggernaught) and not for protection (warbringer). This is because juggernaught and warbringer are their own enemies when it comes to macros. In vanilla and and tbc you could have 1 button charge+intercept because you could separate them by [combat] but today, due to the mechanics of jugg and warr, that is not possible. So you will have to either use a [modifier] or just use 2 buttons. Personally I prefer the latter.

Charge to Victory
    #showtooltip Charge
    /cast charge
    /cast victory rush
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    This will cast charge ofcourse. However, if you are near the target, press charge again and it will cast VR. This frees up one button. You can use it at anytime. So after you killed something, even if the next target is right beside you, press CTV and it will use victory rush on it. The "cancelaura" part is to automatically cancel bladestrom if the target has run out of its range. Add the "cancelaura" to your intercept key as well.

Rending Overpowers
    #showtooltip Overpower
    /cast Rend
    /cast Overpower
    This macro will always cast Rend when used. If overpower can be used on the target, it will also cast that as well. You can spam this button for maximum eficiency as Rend is a rage-cheap ability with no cd so it matters little if the target doesn't need more rending. You can also add it to Intercept.

Heroic Execute
    #showtooltip Execute
    /cast Execute
    /cast Heroic Strike
    The macro will prioritize Execute if the target is executable. If not, it will use Heroic Strike. This macro was a bad ideea prior to 4.0 as heroic strike was "on next attack" ability and it did nothing but waste rage when used in such a macro, but now it will only use heroic strike if the target is not executable.

Ou Sh'Eet!

#showtooltip Enraged Regeneration
    /cast defensive stance
    /cast Shield Wall
    /cast Last Stand
    /cast Enraged Regeneration
    This macro will pop all your survivability cooldowns for that Oh Shit situation. Remove Last Stand from it if you're not protection spec. Make sure you have an enrage buff on you though, otherwise it will less effective as the regeneration will not pop.

These are only some new ones, on top of the already known macros, which you won't find here.

Will update as I discover more shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Now, before you ask, NO, there is no efficient 1 button Charge/Intercept. Not for arms (juggernaught) and not for protection (warbringer). This is because juggernaught and warbringer are their own enemies when it comes to macros. In vanilla and and tbc you could have 1 button charge+intercept because you could separate them by [combat] but today, due to the mechanics of jugg and warr, that is not possible. So you will have to either use a [modifier] or just use 2 buttons. Personally I prefer the latter.
    I've been using a charge/intercept/intervene macro for over a year that works perfectly. Just don't spam the button or it will charge and intercept at the same time. This is the first macro I give to any prot warrior who asks me for advice. Its great!

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept, Charge; [help] Intervene
    Last edited by Urumii; 2010-10-19 at 05:36 PM.