Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fury Warriors was I in the wrong?

This is split between a QQ thread and an opinion thread. Im in Heroic Halls of Stone and Im a pretty geared Fury Warrior so the DK tank(who is also geared)isnt able to hold aggro on mobs that die within seconds. So we get to the gauntlet event and he asks us to step off the stairs and chill in the middle of the room. I quickly assume hes bad or doesnt know what hes doing so I stay on the stairs. If you've ever played Fury decent you know you pretty much kill the mobs within half a second. So the tank goes off on how Im not listening to him so he just chills in the middle complaining at why I dont let the mobs get to him. Gauntlet ends successfully and then I get kicked for being a jerk. Im not mad at getting kicked because I was quickly paired with another group that blew threw Gun'Drak. Im more so angry at people not realizing Heroics in WOTLK are not hard you dont need CC you dont need to plan your pulls its a no brainer you pretty much blaze on threw the place ESPECIALLY if you are all geared. So im just wondering was I in the wrong for taking the initiative and knowing that I can kill mobs without the tank or was I just being a self-centered jerk and need to stand back and learn to watch aggro in Heroics...Let me know.

Picture is Armory.

I was going to type a long reply...but i deleted it. So I am just going to say yes. You were in the wrong. Let tank get aggro + Kill mobs while watch YOUR aggro = WIN
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

let the tank tank, if you want to run a group then you be the tank.

I agree with you, but if simple attacks that are critting for over 15-20k are pulling aggro am I supposed to auto-attack? Its enormous burst dmg, if that were the case I would literally have to hit HS and BT every 5 or so seconds increasing the amount of time each pull takes by a margin. Hell even the whole instance.

Picture is Armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I was going to type a long reply...but i deleted it. So I am just going to say yes. You were in the wrong. Let tank get aggro + Kill mobs while watch YOUR aggro = WIN
    While you're right I still have to disagree. I've been annoyed about a lot of tanks like this during my WoW time, most of the time they're just undergeared newbs and gladly take suggestions on how to improve their play, but if your tank happens to be one of those "bad and proud" idiots just play by the rules or dps-tank your group through the heroic and eventually kick the moaning tank if your group agrees he's a nob.

when you are geared tactics and roles dont really mean shit... if you can storm through it and 2 shot mobs, go for it, there is a reason many fury warrs just queue as tanks.. It's like healers crying about me not waiting for mana breaks when i tank a heroic on my dk alt (pre patch, it's... complicated now). Sit down and drink if you want to, for all i care you can go afk the entire instance, but dont expect me to wait for you for no reason when i can practically solo every instance up to toc >.<

I wouldn't exactly say that you were wrong considering the whole group was well geared and didn't have any problems surviving. If you were to join a low level friends group for Wailing Caverns or something, nobody would say you weren't doing your job as dps if you were pulling aggro off the tank because everyone would survive and things would die in a matter of seconds anyway.

With the current difficulty of the heroics I wouldn't say, there in many cases, are very much of a difference between doing wailing caverns with 4 low level friends and doing a heroic with 4 well geared puggers.

In my opinion the tank could just as well not be doing his job very well, although I personally would have given the rest of the group a notice about possible over aggroing.

(btw. haven't people cleared heroics with just 5 dpsers? even before the patch? can't it be discussed if there even is a need for tanks and, in some cases healers when doing heroics? )

Deleted
    Ill step up and say "you were in the right". Ever heard your parents say "its for your benefit" and then you thought it was bollocks? Well this is the same. Check the healer can he heal a fury with 35k life unbuffed? Test aggro on first two mobspacks and tell the tank to spec into off if he cant do shit.

With the new bursty and overly aggrohappy arms tree I was constantly pulling mobs in HoL today and just after the second pack he decided not to heal me until right before the endboss where somebody esle got aggro by a pat and I saved his ass so the healer saw I was just blowing through mobs to finish fast.
    Thanks to the crazy speed at which we get our large numbers off I got loads of victoryrushes and pretty much could heal myself like that. Didnt get 1 heal throughout the entire instance. Not when I was at 600hp after the whirlwind from the first boss (the healer wanted to do with achievement) and I poped counterattack (whats the name again?) not during the big slag fest never. that one shield in the end when I saved his ass didnt mean anything as the mobs were dead I had 100% and victory rush waiting for the next mob

I pretty much do the same as healer but with one difference. If the wannabetank does 70% of the damage he has the damn right to be the wannabetank (as long as its healable and he doesnt stop others from doing good dmg, see caster pulling aggro running away from tank then using some sort of defensive CD putting the aggro on me the healer. Problem not, shamans have 55%++ armor but thats just not nice)
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2010-10-19 at 10:20 PM.

I can understand maybe "some" bosses/instances require a tank, but come on this is over a year into WOTLk and people still dont know what they are doing? People are still complaining about people doing TOO MUCH dps? It just boggles my brain to the point of face smashing my wall.

Picture is Armory.

Think the other side. We all know that Aoe tanking is harder (read tanks are not used to new mechanics) after the patch. Before that u could spam Swipe, consecr, etc. and stand while the DPS reach the sky. Now is harder for tanks to hold the mobs and they are learning too.

DPS usually think that a loose mob is something easy to handle, just feing, vanish, etc. But most of the times (and more this days) that becomes a mess for the tanks and for the healers since targeting that mob means that the next one will become loose (cause the DPS are just switching the mob they are attacking).

At the end of the day, if u overgear the instance as DPS the pull means 2 more secs if u watch ur aggro and will make the life of tanks and healers. If u dont care about the other players u think as TFA "dont expect me to wait for you for no reason" and that 2 extra seconds will be a pain for u.

As a tank i appreciate DPS'ers that want to play with the team and respect my healers, as DPS i try to let the tank and heals do their jobs. Yeah it could mean one more min of instance but is one instance that me and the rest of the people enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the tank was in the wrong. If you are in decent ICC gear you have anywhere between 34k and 40k HP buffed and your cleave/WW do massive damage, especially if you victory rush to keep yourself healed up. He should have just watched in amusement. There's no way to hold aggro against that without being in equal gear, and even then with the AOE Tanking nerf it'd be difficult.

Looking at OP's armory I'd say you could definately tank that place better than the whiny tank. Almost 37k HP unbuffed, probably more with switching out pieces for str plate, is plenty for a 5 man heroic now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Well Fury pulls hella aggro and it is a lot harder for tanks to hold aggro after the patch. That being said I have no problem with dps pulling aggro off the tank if they are in good gear when I am healing on my Holy Pally alt and I actually prefer a group with 4 dps as long as one is a plate dps as the runs are ridiculously fast.

From a tank's perspective, this is entirely annoying. I understand that these are "just heroics", but having let many a dps die from going balls deep as soon as a mob moves, I can say the blame that generally comes after isn't worth it. Occasionally it's good for a laugh. Most times it's annoying incessant whining.

Did you deserve to get kicked? Nah. Did the tank have a right to complain? Yeah. He's only there for one thing and you're doing it for him.

Deleted
    While I think the tank was a bit ott its certainly not a bad mindset to get into, that the tank tanks. While you may be 2 shotting mobs now come cata heroics they'll be 2 shotting you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moonripper View Post
    let the tank tank, if you want to run a group then you be the tank.
    Do this, but don't take it in a bad way. I always have my fury warrior friend que up for tanks when we do heroics because the shit dies so fast, and it's so easy with 4 dps. not a big deal.

Deleted
    What we have here, is failure to communicate.

Surely, if you explain the situation, and say to the tank that no-one's gonna die on trash pulls. And he can have the bosses, cos that's why he's needed, there shouldn't be a problem?

Hell, tell the tank to go dps for trash if he wants - speed it up some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Not sure how he was in the wrong, I've always just stood in the back while the dps kills the mobs during the Brann event. It's honestly more of a hassle having someone attempt to tank the event than it is to just nuke everything as it comes out(can kill 90% of the mobs before they even get near anyone).

If anything the tank was in the wrong and whining for no reason at all.

Come Cata my stance will possibly change but for now the OP didn't do anything wrong.

I wouldn't say what you did was worthy of a kick but I think you should still have waited in the middle, for some tanks or at least myself I do know you can blow through them unscathed, however I still would like to be able to practice the newer rotations and try and keep aggro due to the fact that even if it doesn't matter so much now it will matter in cataclysm and its good threat control practice for you dpsers

You realize geared fury warriors are the biggest agro whores in the game, partially because of HS? In a raid setting, its no problemo, but in a 5 man heroic it can be. Give the tank a chance to get agro. may as well learn now, because its gonna be a must in cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i would not have argue and so much whit the tank nor do my own thing when everyone seems to agree whit him.
    I just tell them the most efficient way to do it if they dont want to listen, i just add them to my ignore list and i wont see them again.
    This way after a wile you will be paired whit people that agrees whit your way of running instances. and less drama.