Thread: Ret dps problem

Ret dps problem

Before the patch, I was pulling around 5k (With seal of vengeance) on dummies (I know, low, but my gear isn't great)
    After the patch, I'm only pulling 2.5k max (With vengeance, around 2.8k with righteousness).
    Can I get some help? My rotation is Judgement>CS>CS>CS>Templers Verdict (Would divine storm with multiple mobs of course) and repeat. When exorcism pops, I toss that in too.
    My name is Charanos on Shandris, check my armory and see my stats for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Charonos View Post
    My rotation is Judgement>CS>CS>CS>Templers Verdict (Would divine storm with multiple mobs of course) and repeat.
    ouch.

Rotation relies heavily on your haste value...nevertheless cs should always have top priority, between cs you have fillers like judgement, exorcism and holywrath (consecration in the worst case).
    when you've got 3 holy power you cast templars verdict..

Other than that, the rotation stays that simple:

cs->filler->cs->filler->cs->tv->cs(thats assuming a 3s cd on cs which should be your first priority)

The formula for that is getting your cs cd to 3s +2* your latency (incl. 5% spellhaste-buff off of shadow, moonkin, shaman).

Should I reforge everything for haste?
    Last edited by Charonos; 2010-10-19 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Typo regorge>reforge

A great starter tip for ret rotation is the rrh addon that helps you with your rotation and it also shows your HP stacks and Hand Of Light Procc.

Quote Originally Posted by Charonos View Post
    Before the patch, I was pulling around 5k (With seal of vengeance) on dummies (I know, low, but my gear isn't great)
    After the patch, I'm only pulling 2.5k max (With vengeance, around 2.8k with righteousness).
    Can I get some help? My rotation is Judgement>CS>CS>CS>Templers Verdict (Would divine storm with multiple mobs of course) and repeat. When exorcism pops, I toss that in too.
    My name is Charanos on Shandris, check my armory and see my stats for reference.
    I'll leave this here: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t106276-...dance_4_0_1_a/ Study hard.
    Like music? Check this guy out - http://artificialfear.com/
    Subscribe to his youtube! - http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtificialFear

Here is some priority list:

TV on 3 HP > CS > Exorcism (if poped) > Judgement > Holy Wrath

Not sure about Hammer of Wrath yet, but it's does a high amount of damage. It should be before TV+CS or after these.

Cheers
    *Thud*

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    Not sure about Hammer of Wrath yet, but it's does a high amount of damage. It should be before TV+CS or after these.
    Right now, I think Hammer of Wrath is between Templar's Verdict and Crusader Strike. A HoW crit does slightly less damage than a Templar's Verdict crit, and currently on live can't proc Divine Purpose for an extra Holy Power stack, but it does crit considerably more often than Templar's Verdict does.

On beta it's on the list of things that can proc Divine Purpose, and when that change goes live, it should go right to the top of the priority.